Difference between shortrange heels and longrange heels

Isolathor

4 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Even 1,5 or 2 cm already makes a big difference. 

That would be 13,5 cm instead of 12 cm or 15 cm and apply to medium range heels that can be worn half a day ..... 😉

• Like 1

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

I used to say that I don't have any short range shoes, and once upon a time that was true. Today, I have shoes that I actually wear, which is 95% of them, and then I have "aspirational" shoes, which I sometimes practice with, not to be seen by the public. My usual rule is that if I can't walk 2 miles (3.2 km) in reasonable comfort, then those shoes are not for me. I still pretty much stick to that rule.

• Like 2

Most of my shoes are all day, however I can and do wear 12.5 cm or 5 inch all day provided the shoe itself is well designed and fits right. The higher heels I do have tend to sit. I have had several heels 12 cm and lower that are impossible to wear any reasonable distance due to poor fit or poor quality. Those sometimes fit fine initially but become tiresome for various reasons. 

• Like 2

I made the same observations 

if some needed characteristics for comfort are obvious,it’s true that some others are not. 

Construction that fits the foot,leather quality,craftsmanship and one of the most important : position of the heel which gives the balance. 

I own some 15 cm I can walk hours and others much lover I can even keep 15 minutes. These last ones are to go to the trash soon. No need to suffer 

Agreed with you @mlroseplant 

your rule makes sense 

exception for some shoes dedicated to house use , as these ones. 17 cm. 
ok for home all day. Not even though walking outside in these 

8C0EB3F9-7B3D-44BC-81A7-11762C08D0D3.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pierre1961 said:

I made the same observations 

if some needed characteristics for comfort are obvious,it’s true that some others are not. 

Construction that fits the foot,leather quality,craftsmanship and one of the most important : position of the heel which gives the balance. 

I own some 15 cm I can walk hours and others much lover I can even keep 15 minutes. These last ones are to go to the trash soon. No need to suffer 

Agreed with you @mlroseplant 

your rule makes sense 

exception for some shoes dedicated to house use , as these ones. 17 cm. 
ok for home all day. Not even though walking outside in these 

8C0EB3F9-7B3D-44BC-81A7-11762C08D0D3.jpeg

Pierre, you always sport very high heels, but your styles are great for support. Even these 17cm heels look well proportioned. Admittedly I couldn't even stand up in heels that high.

• Like 1

@JkrenzerThank you! That’s also what I thought at the first glance. And surprisingly they fit my feet perfectly. 

I won’t tell you I can walk outside in these shoes. But I could imagine being able to wear them in an hotel lobby or any place that offer an even surface.  So far at home,perfect. 

Since I have an extremely high arches and a huge toe box, the height of the heel is not the determining factor. It's how my toes fit in. I have a few pairs I would call shortrange, my 4 inch Victoria's Secret stilettos are shortrange. Most of my heels need to be longrange. Pre-pandemic, I would zip on my heels at 7 am and wear them until 8 or later pm.  

• Like 2