Crocs in fashion! Ugh!

at9

6 hours ago, at9 said:

I saw several  people, both I men and women, wearing Crocks in church last Sunday.  
As a child I was taught to dress up (wear my church clothes) on Sunday as a show of respect to God and other worshippers.  

• Like 4

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have some nice UGGS sandals, knee boots and some mules. Uggs do make some nice heeled footwear, but mostly those ugly ones. I would never be caught wearing a pair of those crocs no matter how many of those celebrities endorse them

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

I see that one of their main targets for expansion is Asia. Although I have often touted the frequency of heel wearing in Asia, the awfulness of the opposite side of the footwear spectrum is much, much worse than anything we have here in the U.S. I am thinking of any number of awful rubber sandals that are really designed to be house slippers, and probably for guests at that, but people wind up wearing them on the street all the time. In this case Crocs would actually be an improvement, or at least merely a step sideways.

I do admit to having tried on a pair and walked a few steps in them, just to see what the hell people were raving about. I've got the exact same problem with them that I do with Doc Martins, and I'm not talking about hideous appearance: They are simply way too squidgy. I don't want to bounce when I walk, I am plenty bouncy enough on my own, thank you.

• Like 2

A while back, Crocs actually made a pair of wedge heel pumps.  Typical low cut pump style with a wedge somewhere near 3 inches I'd guess.  I actually tried them on in the store.  They were quite comfortable, and I could understand why a woman would want a pair of them.  But I've never seen anyone wearing them in public and I don't believe they make anything like that anymore.  Typical clog like Crocs - no thanks for me.

Said it once and will say it again ! I wouldn't offer Crocs to a barefooted Eskimo ! Been trying for year's to get my children out of those ugly things . The meaning of Crocs , shoes for lazy people , to lazy to tie or buckle shoes on . The children have heard me share my discontent with them wearing them many times . When they first started to wear those ugly things it was my policy to not buy them for the children . So , they went crying to their grand parents for them . What a waste of money .  

• Like 1

I never see crocs here in Germany, with one exception: garden work. And i have to admit, even my wife and my sons use crocs for garden work sometimes. 😱

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

I don't mind crocs for around the house or at the beach, but when going shopping or just today my wife saw them at a doctor's office, just say no! Also Ugg boots, I don't care for them, but wearing jeans and a hoodie in cool weather, ok, I can survive, but when college aged women would wear Uggs with a cute skirt or dress I would just about loose my lunch. Dress up nicely and then put on the sloppiest footwear you could find! Birkenstocks, more casual beach wear, or a back yard barbeque.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, bluejay said:

Ugly. I wouldn't wear these if you paid me to wear them!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I could be persuaded to wear them for say 9 figures.

Even though this is a forum of high heel enthusiasts, it appears the consensus here is that adding heels to crocs somehow manages to make a horrible thing worse :)  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Even though this is a forum of high heel enthusiasts, it appears the consensus here is that adding heels to crocs somehow manages to make a horrible thing worse :)  

I wonder what adding heels to Birkenstocks would do for them? 😆😆😆

The wedges shown here are not a bad looking pair of shoes, and there are a couple others on their site.  Is that first pair something they actually offered?

3 hours ago, RonC said:

The wedges shown here are not a bad looking pair of shoes, and there are a couple others on their site.  Is that first pair something they actually offered?

The first pair is Stella McCartney but there is reference to the clashing of heels with the birkenstock aesthetic:

https://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/hippies-version-high-heels-stella-mccartney-designs-625-cork-stilettos-article-1.172370

Edited by p1ng74

p1ing74 , not to terribly bad , I kinda like those you posted .  Let's face it the Croaks are a bit off the chart and planet for that matter . I am just sorry I started to check out this thread about the Crocs ......... what a waste of my life I will never regain . 😒

• Haha 1

Yes, for some reason, either pair of Birkenstock heels look much better than the Crocs. I guess there's no big mystery there. Birkenstocks are, after all, a good quality leather sandal which happens to have a super ugly strap/buckle design and an unfortunate general shape. And I personally have always hated the raised rim around the footbed. It appears that the Birkenstock wedges have a somewhat softened toe line (not so blocky), and they didn't even attempt the usual Birkenstock straps. Stella McCartney took it a step further and gave her version a Dr. Scholl's type strap, which is actually kind of cute.

@p1ng74, thank you for taking the time to actually look that up. I thought I was being facetious. Evidently I was not, and didn't know it.

• Like 1

Yeah I was a bit surprised myself at the Birkenstock offerings when I searched.  I double-checked because I recalled Birkenstocks looking uglier than that lol.  I feel like the usual Birkenstock look is way too casual for office attire, but the Papillio wedge styles seem to be effective and looking a bit nicer.  

On 6/10/2021 at 1:26 AM, bluejay said:

Ugly. I wouldn't wear these if you paid me to wear them!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

As a wise man once said to me:  "I wouldn't be caught dead in a ditch wearing that...."

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

99.9% of the Crocs are ugly shoes.  Having said that, I do have a pair of the Crocs "Sexy Flip" thong style sandal.  No heel, but very comfy, and that style does look, to me at least, nice.  The rest of the Crocs line, not so much, but I am told that the other styles are comfortable.  Who knows....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"