The Perfect Shoe

On 5/1/2021 at 5:34 AM, Isolathor said:

I would prefer a thinner heel, but my wife loves these boots and can wear them for a whole day.

1269657644_P1010385a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.41aa14d5355970f4ea64fd24886a0845.JPG

I used to have a pair of Nine West boots with a heel very similar to that. I appreciated them for their looks as well as their relative utility. Unfortunately, they kind of self-destructed, even after repeated attempts to repair them. Some things were just not meant to be.

On 5/1/2021 at 3:34 AM, Isolathor said:

I would prefer a thinner heel, but my wife loves these boots and can wear them for a whole day.

1269657644_P1010385a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.41aa14d5355970f4ea64fd24886a0845.JPG

I'm a size 41 so those are in my wheel house and might fit me 😍.  I like a full zipper though. I have several with that heel style and they are really easy to walk in all day (14-16 hours), love them.  I also have some with stiletto heels, still easy to walk in.

• 3 weeks later...

Another fave, any pairof white stilettos. Tonight as I at Buffalo wild wings. Lots of looks, no comments as of yet. I've frequented this place often after bowling in heels, so kinda normal now. Lighting is bad.

20210517_214606_resized.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

I've frequented this place often after bowling in heels

Wow, I've bowled for many, many years.  I never tried it in heels....lol.  Just kidding of course, I know what you were saying.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had no idea that Louboutin made such shoes. Ran across these on my usual searches. Unfortunately, they are not quite my size, and definitely way beyond my budget, but they are nice to look at, anyway, and they don’t even have that damned set back heel that Louboutin is wont to make. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224476043329

8 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I had no idea that Louboutin made such shoes. Ran across these on my usual searches. Unfortunately, they are not quite my size, and definitely way beyond my budget, but they are nice to look at, anyway, and they don’t even have that damned set back heel that Louboutin is wont to make. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224476043329

Put in a low offer, can't hurt

Also this pair is loved very much, especially by my wife:

hhb2001.thumb.jpg.bb9a8201d5eb80f84802fb66a2983a57.jpg

... and one reason is it shows a size of 39, but she normally is a 41 (often 42 in high heels) 😉

• Like 2

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

• 3 months later...
On 4/25/2021 at 4:50 PM, KneeBooted said:

I’ll chime in here since no one has said they’d prefer a pair of boots yet.

Growing up, the iconic style I remember was that of a black leather knee high boot with a chunky heel, rounded toe, and no platform.

For some reason, that always stuck in my head as the must-have style. I don’t know that I saw them everywhere, but a handful of people I can recall had them, including my mom.

That being said, if I had to pick one pair and one pair only, I’d probably continue that idea with a black leather knee high boot. And since it’s our fantasy, I’d love to have feet that fit into Christian Louboutin boots for that matter! 

However, I don’t know that I’d keep the round toe and chunky heel. While that does make it easier to walk in and more comfy on my feet, I’d probably want to succeed in wearing pointy toe stiletto. Something like the Eloise boot they have now, which is a textured black leather and looks amazing.

6F4F7355-1570-454C-9A05-7FEA9B2B84B6.jpeg

I once made a (semi) serious enquiry with  Louboutin about why they didn’t make their shoes in larger sizes. I got a lovely, if slightly snooty, reply from them that they’d be happy to make me a one-off pair sized exactly to my feet. All I needed to do was attend a measuring session in Paris, then again for a fitting session, then again to collect my finished shoes.

Price for a pair of simple pumps was $3000 Euro. 

Gulp…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jura said:

I once made a (semi) serious enquiry with  Louboutin about why they didn’t make their shoes in larger sizes. I got a lovely, if slightly snooty, reply from them that they’d be happy to make me a one-off pair sized exactly to my feet. All I needed to do was attend a measuring session in Paris, then again for a fitting session, then again to collect my finished shoes.

Gulp…

Wow that’s quite the hefty price, but if you’re going to wear them all of the time and you want a comfortable shoe, perhaps it is worth the price?

10 hours ago, Jura said:

Gulp…

At least they had a price.

I asked Freebird to make me a pair of boots with a slightly taller heel but they said NO.  Haven't bought a pair from them since.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cali said:

At least they had a price.

I asked Freebird to make me a pair of boots with a slightly taller heel but they said NO.  Haven't bought a pair from them since.

That’s a bummer to hear. They are one of my favorite brands, but admittedly I’ve never asked them to customize shoes for me.

They have shown to be supporting of the community of guys who wear heels though, which is a plus.

21 minutes ago, Cali said:

I wanted a Red crocodile Baker (as I remember). I have at least 6 pairs of their shoes, 2 including 2 sandals.

I bet a red croco Baker would look amazing. I have cognac and stone, find myself preferring stone more than cognac

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

3000 € is expensive. But I had thought it costed even more! A custom pair made to measure by a real shoemaker in Paris is close to 5000€ 

@KneeBootedyou may be right. Better one perfect pair than 50  Chinese ones  that are badly constructed. 

Too many people have to much money to seriously justify these kinds of dollars/euros. Love to know who slaved in the past to allow such expenditures on a pair of rarely worn shoes. Can't say I wouldn't enjoy living off the toils of such a benefactor.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

3000 € is expensive. But I had thought it costed even more! A custom pair made to measure by a real shoemaker in Paris is close to 5000€ 

@KneeBootedyou may be right. Better one perfect pair than 50  Chinese ones  that are badly constructed. 

I won't wear the poorly made Chinese heels either ! There is some happy medium. Popular American brands made with leather uppers hold up well and can be had for around $100. I question if a pair of Louboutin's would hold up any better. At some point the higher price does not guarantee better  quality, but you have bragging rights with the brand. People pay $1,000 for heels because they can.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

I have custom boots, made to my feet, measured by the shoemaker.  It is only a fraction of that price here.  It’s an amazing experience to wear footwear the fits perfectly - it feels like putting on and wearing a pair of socks.  The boots last a lifetime, so it is money well spent, and better than buying 50 pairs of shoes that get thrown away when worn out.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 3

There is a big difference between boots and stilettoes. From my experience i can tell you that expensive stilettoes wear out as fast as cheap ones, the ones with metal-tips are more durable than the plastic-tipped ones. Plastic-tips can be ruined with a few outings. Whereas good boots with a chunky heel can stay alive for long, long times. Boots with stilettoe heels with wear out quick as well.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:15 AM, HelenInHeels said:

There is a big difference between boots and stilettoes. From my experience i can tell you that expensive stilettoes wear out as fast as cheap ones, the ones with metal-tips are more durable than the plastic-tipped ones. Plastic-tips can be ruined with a few outings. Whereas good boots with a chunky heel can stay alive for long, long times. Boots with stilettoe heels with wear out quick as well.

That is why I quit wearing stilettos for actual walking a long time ago, the heel tips wear out far too quickly. I've never tried metal tips, but I find hard rubber tips to be acceptable as far as wear, and they are not slippery on tile floors. Still, a good quality stiletto rubber tip will last only 5-8 miles (8-13 km), and that's under my 135 pound (61 kg) frame. Even slightly thicker heels will last many times that, so that's what I wear for serious walks.  Going to church, going to the supermarket, going to a restaurant, sure, I'll wear stilettos. Pounding some serious pavement, such as for exercise? Forget it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

That is why I quit wearing stilettos for actual walking a long time ago, the heel tips wear out far too quickly.

I hear you, but it's why i bought hundreds of stiletto replacement tips years ago. With the proper tool, replacement is quick and easy. Some heels have smaller diameter pegs, so I'll grind down new ones and install.

I do a lot of installing new tips myself. But with some outings the marks and scuffs and damages to the leather on the heel will increase until they reach a point when Helen will refuse to still wear them.

479975710_P1090894a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.2ed36efa577ca7f8d52c024412cf9823.JPG

That is the damage after only a few outings.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Isolathor said:

That is the damage after only a few outings.

That level of damage is fine with me. I like my stilettos to show wear, it tells any observers that I'm truely wearing my heels. I've even purchased preowned shoes with damage at this superficial level.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

That level of damage is fine with me. I like my stilettos to show wear, it tells any observers that I'm truely wearing my heels.

It depends on the occasion. No problem if you go shopping or just strolling the streets. But she will not wear any damaged heels for the opera, or a christmas brunch, or an anniversary.

• Like 2

For me the perfect shoe is a boot. I have large feel and so my knee and OTK boots, both with and without heels, are custom made by a bootmaker in France (and for only a fraction of the price quoted in one of the posts above!) The custom made boots not only fit perfectly, they are exactly what .i want, the workmanship is superb and the leather (or suede) is rich and luxurious. With proper care they’ll last me the rest of my days as they can all be re-soled. 

• Like 1