New Valentines Mani

bluejay

Last week I went to my salon for a Valentines mani. My nail teck who is a real pro, did a fantastic job. I got clear gel over a base coat of very light pink on all my nails. Then she added some nail art to my little pinkies. On my right pinkie, red glitter coat with the love symbols XO painted in a bright red, followed with an envelope outline also in bright red. On my left pinkie a coat of white with a red heart, with an attached chain also in red. She told me the theme was "Love Letter From The Heart" All the other women at the salon had to see my art work. Lots of compliments from them and others that saw my mani over the Valentines Day holiday. BTW, I also got compliments at the salon for my ensemble I wore. Red sweater, with black leggings with red and white hearts on them, with my Easy Spirit "Evolve" black knee boots. I also wore a red mask with a white heart on it.

Great day at my salon!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

My nail artist moved back to her hometown went the pandemic closed nail salons and I have yet to replace her. It has been strange not having colored fingernails.

Edited by Cali

8 hours ago, bluejay said:

Last week I went to my salon for a Valentines mani. My nail teck who is a real pro, did a fantastic job. I got clear gel over a base coat of very light pink on all my nails. Then she added some nail art to my little pinkies. On my right pinkie, red glitter coat with the love symbols XO painted in a bright red, followed with an envelope outline also in bright red. On my left pinkie a coat of white with a red heart, with an attached chain also in red. She told me the theme was "Love Letter From The Heart" All the other women at the salon had to see my art work. Lots of compliments from them and others that saw my mani over the Valentines Day holiday. BTW, I also got compliments at the salon for my ensemble I wore. Red sweater, with black leggings with red and white hearts on them, with my Easy Spirit "Evolve" black knee boots. I also wore a red mask with a white heart on it.

Great day at my salon!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nicely done! 

But if there aint a picture, it didnt happen... LOL, Just kidding ;-) 

• 7 months later...

Bluejay.....   Nice !!!   The wife and I were in Las Vegas last month and got pedicures at the Caesars Spa.  Was nice.  The techs there do a great job, we both got matching color, OPI "Show Us Your Tips" blue/purple.  My (our) feet look nice, and no one has ever said anything about me having a pedicure with color.  

Never had a mani, with what I do outside daily, it would never last.  Maybe some day.  Smile....  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

2 hours ago, SF said:

Never had a mani, with what I do outside daily, it would never last.  Maybe some day.  Smile....  sf

Gel manicures last @SF. I almost never chip a gel manicure. Just wear gloves to keep the nails clean.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got a new mani for Halloween  on Friday. Got clear gel on my fingers. and on my little pinkies got Halloween prints. On my right pinkie got white base with black spider webs and two orange spiders too. The left pinkie was done in a black base with an orange Jack-o-Lantern on it. Very nice. Got several nice comments at my nail salon. My nail teck  is a real artist. As far as my toes I'm still sporting my hot pink pedi from last month for Breast Cancer awareness.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2021 at 2:46 AM, SF said:

The wife gets gel manis all the time... I will axe her.....   Maybe some day.....   sf

I have never worn "wifebeaters."  Always thought the term to be bizarre and the style uncomfortable.  But then again, I don't beat my "ol lady either.  

Merry Christmas all....   sf

- - - - - 

I do hope your first words in bold  (with British spelling) were a typo - or else you were not being honest in the second set!   😨

Edited by Puffer

Time for me to update this. Last Thursday I went to my nail salon for a Christmas mani. My stylist is so great on designs. Clear gel on all fingers with white base coat on my little pinkies. Right pinkie Christmas tree with many colors of ornaments. Left pinkie she did a candy cane over the white base. Looked great got several compliments on my Christmas mani.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SF said:

Bluejay.....   Nice.  But no pic???  Have fun....   sf

Nail pictures get taken down @SF.

On 12/27/2021 at 7:23 AM, bluejay said:

Right pinkie Christmas tree with many colors of ornaments. Left pinkie she did a candy cane over the white base. Looked great got several compliments on my Christmas mani.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

You must have large pinkie nails to get that much detail on them.

My fingernail artist moved back to her hometown, so I have only been getting clear gel on my split nails to hold them together.  Right now I am training my pedicurist to do art. She is getting better with each visit and looks forward to each new (design) challenge I bring.  

No  I do not have large pinkies. My nail artist can do extra fine detail with her tools and BTW she usually takes pics of her work but was too busy last Thursday to do it.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

20 hours ago, Cali said:

Nail pictures get taken down @SF.

You must have large pinkie nails to get that much detail on them.

My fingernail artist moved back to her hometown, so I have only been getting clear gel on my split nails to hold them together.  Right now I am training my pedicurist to do art. She is getting better with each visit and looks forward to each new (design) challenge I bring.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just got my new mani and pedi for October Breast Cancer Awareness month. On my toes I got a flashy fuchsia color. I'm usually in red the rest of the year. On my hands a light pink clear gel on the fingers and thumbs. On my little pinkies, the right hand white base with a pink Breast Cancer Awareness logo on it and the left pinkie, pink base with a white Breast Cancer Awareness logo on it. Have gotten several compliments so far on my new mani, both from women and men.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1