HeelsWearer's High Heel Survey

Cali

Since there is interest here's the blank survey for you to fill out (if you want to).  Copy it to a word processor, fill it out, and copy your answers back to this file.

====================================

The Official HeelsWearer's High Heel Survey 

1) How often do you wear high heels?

2) What type of heel do you prefer?

3) How high is your average daily heel height?

4) Do you find high heels uncomfortable?

5) Do you find high heels difficult to walk in?

6) Did you know high heels can be bad for your legs, feet and back?

7) Do you have any ill effects from wearing high heels?

8) If yes, what areas cause you problems? 

9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot?

10) How old were you when you started wearing high heels regularly?

11) Do you get comments (positive or negative) on your high heels?

12) How often do you get comments?

13) How many years have you been wearing high heels regularly?

14) Do you ever consider giving up wearing high heels?

15) What is/are the reason you wear high heels?

16) Would you consider giving up high heels if they became too painful?

17) Do you ever slip your heels off under your desk or when sitting to relieve pressure?

18) Have you ever fallen due to wearing high heels?

19) If you have fallen due to wearing high heels, how often has it happened?

20) Do you plan on giving up high heels regularly as you get past 60 years old? 

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Here is my submission ...

1) How often do you wear high heels? Most days

2) What type of heel do you prefer? Block

3) How high is your average daily heel height? 3.75inch (9cm) for knee high and higher - Ankle boots no higher than 3 inches.

4) Do you find high heels uncomfortable? No

5) Do you find high heels difficult to walk in? No

6) Did you know high heels can be bad for your legs, feet and back? Yes

7) Do you have any ill effects from wearing high heels? No

9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot? Yes especially in summer when reverting to flats. Need to wear boots on a cooler summers day to relieve pain.

11) Do you get comments (positive or negative) on your high heels? Yes

12) How often do you get comments? Two or three times a week then nothing for a week or two. In other words frequently.

13) How many years have you been wearing high heels regularly? 15

14) Do you ever consider giving up wearing high heels? No

15) What is/are the reason you wear high heels? Just like the look of block heels - not a fan of stilletto or kitten heels personally speaking.

16) Would you consider giving up high heels if they became too painful? hopefully not.

17) Do you ever slip your heels off under your desk or when sitting to relieve pressure? No.

18) Have you ever fallen due to wearing high heels? No.

20) Do you plan on giving up high heels regularly as you get past 60 years old? probably not.

• Like 1

I had to wait to put in my reponse.

1) How often do you wear high heels? Daily, as much as possible.

2) What type of heel do you prefer? I have everything except for pumps.

3) How high is your average daily heel height? At least 4 inch heel displacement.

4) Do you find high heels uncomfortable? Heck NO!

5) Do you find high heels difficult to walk in? Heck NO!

6) Did you know high heels can be bad for your legs, feet and back? I wear them to help with back/hip pain.

7) Do you have any ill effects from wearing high heels? NO!

8) If yes, what areas cause you problems? (Not being able to reach the top shelf where I put something while in heels.)

9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot? NO!

10) How old were you when you started wearing high heels regularly? Switched to women's shoes at 52, 4+ inch heels at 59

12) How often do you get comments? At least 3-4 times a week (more pre-pandemic)

13) How many years have you been wearing high heels regularly? 6 years (low heels for 11 years and I had a pair from late 70’s to early 90’s)

14) Do you ever consider giving up wearing high heels?  Ha Ha Ha…NO

15) What is/are the reason you wear high heels? Pain relief, also to absorb my extremely high arch.

16) Would you consider giving up high heels if they became too painful? Not in the game plan.

17) Do you ever slip your heels off under your desk or when sitting to relieve pressure? Rarely, I’ve kicked the back of my heel to move my foot back.

18) Have you ever fallen due to wearing high heels? Yes

19) If you have fallen due to wearing high heels, how often has it happened?  Once, I got my heel stuck between two tiles.

20) Do you plan on giving up high heels regularly as you get past 60 years old? Over 60 already, mute question.  Maybe when I’m 99 years old.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Hello

here is mine :

Everyday 

Block heels,Cuban,and stilettos if not too skinny

14/15cm

No! I only keep the comfortable ones

No.Except on uneven surfaces 

I have hear that. I suffer less in heels

Not so far 

9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot?

Low heels are very uncomfortable. Flat or bare feet is ok 

Can remember. Long time ago. But not on a daily basis 

Both 

Very seldom 

10 years 

Not at all. 

The look,the feeling and a sort of f..k off attitude 

If really mandatory yes,but after having tried all solutions 

17) Do you ever slip your heels off under your desk or when sitting to relieve pressure?

Sometimes in the plane because feet swell. 

Yes. Twice.Going down stairs. Going too fast and too confident. 

Twice 

No because I am already 60 something. 

Pierre

• Like 3

I only wear my boots while away on work trips due to unaccepting partner

Prefer tall block heel or stiletto heeled boots

4-4.5" heels

Most of my boots are comfortable to wear

My boots are fairly easy to walk in

I know that heels can cause health issues, but feel that the right heels might actually have health benefits

No health issues due to heel wearing

I have problems walking in bare feet now, the outsides of my feet are painful, no issues while wearing sneakers

Always wore heels, but first started wearing them publicly at age 50

A few guys whistled at me the other day, that was probably a negative comment.

I have been wearing boots publicly for about 14yrs now

I have considered "having to give up my boots", but don't want to ever give them up

I like the way I look and feel while wearing high heel boots

I guess I would have to consider giving up my boots if health conditions come up, but surely don't want to

Have never taken off my boots during an outing or while sitting somewhere,  have stopped to rest a few times

I have fallen a few times, mostly due to slippery tile flooring, am very careful on city sidewalks etc

I have probably fallen 5-10 times, but have been able to quickly get and/recover every time...

I'm over 60 already, and would like to plan on wearing my boots more often now...

• Like 5

1) How often do you wear high heels? Daily.

2) What type of heel do you prefer? That depends on your definition of "prefer." I prefer stilettos, but I often wear slightly thicker heels for practicality.

3) How high is your average daily heel height? 5 inch, but to satisfy certain members of this group, the height difference is between 4 - 4 1/2" taking into account any platform.

4) Do you find high heels uncomfortable? If I find them uncomfortable, I get rid of them.

5) Do you find high heels difficult to walk in? If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

6) Did you know high heels can be bad for your legs, feet and back? That's what I hear, I don't much believe it.

7) Do you have any ill effects from wearing high heels? Not that I can perceive.

9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot? No.

10) How old were you when you started wearing high heels regularly? 43

12) How often do you get comments? Not that often, but not that seldom, either. The pandemic is skewing the statistics, haha

13) How many years have you been wearing high heels regularly? 8 years.

14) Do you ever consider giving up wearing high heels? I think many of us have considered it, but it is ill-considered.

15) What is/are the reason you wear high heels? Because I like them. That is all.

16) Would you consider giving up high heels if they became too painful? If for some reason they became painful, yes.

17) Do you ever slip your heels off under your desk or when sitting to relieve pressure? No need.

18) Have you ever fallen due to wearing high heels? Yes.

19) If you have fallen due to wearing high heels, how often has it happened? A couple of times, and it's been due to overconfidence.

20) Do you plan on giving up high heels regularly as you get past 60 years old? Unless my health deteriorates markedly, no. If for some reason I need to use a walker or a cane, I won't wear heels. That would be just stupid.

• Like 2

1) How often do you wear high heels? Almost daily.

2) What type of heel do you prefer? Stiletto only.

3) How high is your average daily heel height? 5” to 5.5”single sole only, anything lower feels like flats, anything higher becomes hard

4) Do you find high heels uncomfortable? Depends on the shoe. 5”can be quite comfy.

5) Do you find high heels difficult to walk in? Anything over 5.5” becomes awkward to walk in

6) Did you know high heels can be bad for your legs, feet and back? Everything taken to excess can be bad. I reckon sitting behind a desk all day staring at a computer screen is much worse for us then wearing heels.

7) Do you have any ill effects from wearing high heels? Once.  

8) If yes, what areas cause you problems?  Ended up having excruciating pain on upper side of my left foot for days after taking my heels off. I reckon some nerve may have been pinched.

9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot? No, because I don’t wear heels in daily life, only at home to relax.

10) How old were you when you started wearing high heels regularly? I reckon 19 or 20 when I finally managed to find a pair that actually fit.

11) Do you get comments (positive or negative) on your high heels? Nope, they’re my dirty little secret, at home only.

12) How often do you get comments? Nope

13) How many years have you been wearing high heels regularly? Since 1990

14) Do you ever consider giving up wearing high heels? I don’t know.

15) What is/are the reason you wear high heels? It’s part sexual fetish, part relaxing as I enjoy the feeling of wearing and walking in heels

16) Would you consider giving up high heels if they became too painful? Yes. My health is more important then a fetish.

17) Do you ever slip your heels off under your desk or when sitting to relieve pressure? No.

18) Have you ever fallen due to wearing high heels? Maybe, can’t remember.

20) Do you plan on giving up high heels regularly as you get past 60 years old? They will be with me as long as I can wear them.

• Like 2

Almost daily (indoors only)

Stiletto

3.5-4"

NO

NO

Yes

On the contrary. They help diminish pain in my back from an old injury

NO

Positive (by my GF)

Yes. Sometimes I think I'm not More sociallly friendly because of heels...

I Like 'em (fetish AND I like to wear womens outfits just for fin)

Yes. But It would deeply sadden me...

no

fortunately, no.

I might have to...

• Like 1

1) How often do you wear high heels? Nearly daily.

2) What type of heel do you prefer? Boots

3) How high is your average daily heel height? 3.5"

6) Did you know high heels can be bad for your legs, feet and back? Yea

7) Do you have any ill effects from wearing high heels?  Yes

8) If yes, what areas cause you problems? Nerve issue behind left big toe from time to time.

9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot? Nope

10) How old were you when you started wearing high heels regularly? 20's, when I moved into my own place.

11) Do you get comments (positive or negative) on your high heels? Yes, mostly positive

12) How often do you get comments? When in public

13) How many years have you been wearing high heels regularly? 20

14) Do you ever consider giving up wearing high heels? only in my teens.

15) What is/are the reason you wear high heels? I have always liked them.

16) Would you consider giving up high heels if they became too painful? yes

17) Do you ever slip your heels off under your desk or when sitting to relieve pressure? No

18) Have you ever fallen due to wearing high heels? no

20) Do you plan on giving up high heels regularly as you get past 60 years old? If I can.

• Like 1

(formerly known as "JimC")

1) How often do you wear high heels? - Daily
2) What type of heel do you prefer? - Blocks and wedges… sandals/pumps in summer, ankle boots/closed shoes in winter
3) How high is your average daily heel height? - 3.5-4" non-platform (or 4.5-5” with 1" platform)
4) Do you find high heels uncomfortable? - No
5) Do you find high heels difficult to walk in?  - No
6) Did you know high heels can be bad for your legs, feet and back?  - I've heard that, but have yet to believe that...
7) Do you have any ill effects from wearing high heels?  - No
8) If yes, what areas cause you problems?  - N/A
9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot?  - No
10) How old were you when you started wearing high heels regularly?  - ~20 daily inside, ~30 daily outside 
11) Do you get comments (positive or negative) on your high heels? - Occasionally
12) How often do you get comments?  - Direct comments, not too often; indirect comments, more often
13) How many years have you been wearing high heels regularly?  - About 20 years or more
14) Do you ever consider giving up wearing high heels?  - On occasion, but quickly realize that will never happen 
15) What is/are the reason you wear high heels?  - Comforting and I like the look
16) Would you consider giving up high heels if they became too painful?  - Doubtful unless forced to somehow
17) Do you ever slip your heels off under your desk or when sitting to relieve pressure?  - No
18) Have you ever fallen due to wearing high heels?  - Many years ago, but I feel pretty rock solid in heels these days
19) If you have fallen due to wearing high heels, how often has it happened?  - Extremely rare
20) Do you plan on giving up high heels regularly as you get past 60 years old?  - No

• Like 1

1) How often do you wear high heels? - Maybe once per week
2) What type of heel do you prefer? - Stiletto, thinner chunky heels are ok as well, especially in boots.
3) How high is your average daily heel height? - 3.5-4" non-platform 
4) Do you find high heels uncomfortable? - Yes, but I think much of that is due to my problems finding anything that truly fits
5) Do you find high heels difficult to walk in?  - No as long as I stay within my height limits
6) Did you know high heels can be bad for your legs, feet and back?  - Seems to be the prevailing opinion of the medical folks
7) Do you have any ill effects from wearing high heels?  - No
8) If yes, what areas cause you problems?  - N/A
9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot?  - No
10) How old were you when you started wearing high heels regularly?  - Would wear my Mom's heels when I was young, but not regularly.  More regularly in my 30's and older as I had the money to spend on shoes.  That said, I didn't wear heels in public with any regularity until maybe 10 years ago. 
11) Do you get comments (positive or negative) on your high heels? - Only one time did I get a comment, and it was along the lines of why was I wearing those shoes
12) How often do you get comments?  - Haven't had comments, but I do occasionally get some looks.
13) How many years have you been wearing high heels regularly?  - About 50 years or more
14) Do you ever consider giving up wearing high heels?  - Kind of wish I could, but I keep getting drawn back 
15) What is/are the reason you wear high heels?  - Love the look and feel of them on my feet
16) Would you consider giving up high heels if they became too painful?  - I am reaching the point where the discomfort makes me think about it
17) Do you ever slip your heels off under your desk or when sitting to relieve pressure?  - I have
18) Have you ever fallen due to wearing high heels?  - No
19) If you have fallen due to wearing high heels, how often has it happened?  - n/a
20) Do you plan on giving up high heels regularly as you get past 60 years old?  - Almost 10 years past that already!

Edited by RonC
  • Like 1

Every day of the week.

Stilettos to cuban and high cowboy heels

3.5 to 5 inches for stilettos and 2 to 3 inches for cowboy boots. It varies day to day.

No.

No.

So they say. However, I do have two ruptured discs and have daily pain but the higher the heel the better the pain is.

No.

8) If yes, what areas cause you problems?
    NA.

No.

Cowboy style since early childhood. Stiletto heels early 30's.

Yes, Always positive

Quite often.

Cowboy style 48+, stiletto's 20 yrs.

No.

I likt the way they look and feel and like the way I look wearing them.

Maybe?

No.

No.

No.

No.

• Like 2

1) How often do you wear high heels?  7 days a week (don't own flats!)
2) What type of heel do you prefer?  Stilettos
3) How high is your average daily heel height?  5 to 6 inches
4) Do you find high heels uncomfortable?  Yes  (I work in retail on my feet)
5) Do you find high heels difficult to walk in?  Yes  (I don't walk, I teeter-totter! LOL)
6) Did you know high heels can be bad for your legs, feet and back?  Yes
7) Do you have any ill effects from wearing high heels?  Yes
8) If yes, what areas cause you problems?  Feet, Legs, and Back 
9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot?  Yes (Impossible)
10) How old were you when you started wearing high heels regularly? 13
12) How often do you get comments? Daily
13) How many years have you been wearing high heels regularly? 35 years
14) Do you ever consider giving up wearing high heels? No (Never!)
15) What is/are the reason you wear high heels? They look/feel sexy, they are stylish, my husband likes the look (actually loves the look), I am obsessed with high heels.
16) Would you consider giving up high heels if they became too painful? No (If I haven't by now, I never will!)
17) Do you ever slip your heels off under your desk or when sitting to relieve pressure? Yes (Dangle when I'm sitting. Dipping when I'm standing. I never totally remove them)
18) Have you ever fallen due to wearing high heels? Yes
19) If you have fallen due to wearing high heels, how often has it happened? Too many to count, but in double figures)
20) Do you plan on giving up high heels regularly as you get passed 60 years old? No (Never, I'll go in a wheelchair first and keep wearing them. LOL)
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, HeelsWearer said:
1) How often do you wear high heels?  7 days a week (don't own flats!)

4) Do you find high heels uncomfortable?  Yes  (I work in retail on my feet)
5) Do you find high heels difficult to walk in?  Yes  (I don't walk, I teeter-totter! LOL)

9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot?  Yes (Impossible)
10) How old were you when you started wearing high heels regularly? 13

13) How many years have you been wearing high heels regularly? 35 years

I don't mean to be a jackwagon, but I have some questions. Maybe they are uncomfortable questions.

You say that you wear high heels exclusively. You don't own flats. Evidently, you never walk barefoot, either. However, despite 35 years of constant practice, you still find heels uncomfortable, and can't walk in them properly. As a person who aspires to wear very high heels more often, am I wasting my time?

mlroseplant asked,

"I don't mean to be a jackwagon, but I have some questions. Maybe they are uncomfortable questions.

You say that you wear high heels exclusively. You don't own flats. Evidently, you never walk barefoot, either. However, despite 35 years of constant practice, you still find heels uncomfortable, and can't walk in them properly. As a person who aspires to wear very high heels more often, am I wasting my time?"

Let me start by reassuring you that you're not a jackwagon. The questions you ask are fair and I'm willing to answer them. 

As I stated in my stories, I am a rare breed even among high heel wearers. I have always loved my stilettos and still do. I do wear high heels exclusively... I don't own flats or even low-heels for that matter. I might have a couple pairs of 4 inch heels in the back of my closet but I can't tell you the last time I wore them. The shoes I wear are at least 4 1/2 inches high or higher, up to 6 inches without platforms. I'm not a platform person; that's just my preference. I do walk barefoot but I can't get my heels to touch the ground without pain, so when I am barefoot (shower, night runs to the bathroom, on the beach, etc.) I do so on my tiptoes. 

As far as comfort and ability to walk in my stilettos I will clarify. I work in retail so I'm on my feet all day in 5 or 6 inch heels. Working in retail in itself can be painful on someone's feet, legs, and back. It's no different for me. But the high heels make it worse, that's just a fact of life that I'm willing to put up with. I love my high heels so much... they make me feel feminine, sexy, and just overall better about myself. Yes, I have physical problems caused by wearing high heels for 35 years with many of them being on my feet. That's a price that I'm willing to pay. I do get questioned all the time, "How do you wear such high heels standing on your feet all day?" I am just used to it.  As for difficult to walk in, that also has to be put in perspective.  I am actually very graceful in my high heels, even my 6 inch heels. But the fact remains when you live in high heels and wear them everyday in all situations, you face many challenges. (Examples: snow, ice, uneven sidewalks, wet floors, slippery floors, steep staircases, not flat terrain such as a walking path, chasing children, etc.)  Yes, I raised my children while wearing my stilettos, but more about that in my story as it progresses. When you live your life in stilettos for 35 years, there are going to be times that you stumble, trip or fall. It's happened to me more than I care to count. But when you consider how many steps I've taken over the years and where I've gone, it's a very miniscule amount of falls. When I am walking now, I am programmed subconsciously to watch where I step and be aware of the surface I'm walking on. It's now second nature to me; however, accidents still do happen. 

If you aspire to wear high heels more often, then practice, practice, practice. I would suggest for the regular high heel wearer (not someone obsessed like me) that you wear appropriate high heels for the situation. If you're going shopping for the day, perhaps a lower heel than what you may wear out to dinner where you are sitting. If you are going out for a walk along a nature path that's only got gravel and not pavement, perhaps a thicker heel will be easier to handle. And if you have a full day at an amusement park planned, then maybe flats would be best.  So you can strive to become better in heels, especially when some thought is given ahead of time. But know that at any time you may twist an ankle or catch a heel on a step while going downstairs, but it should be a rare occurrence if you're careful.

Thank you for your questions. I think I've answered them all. Feel free to ask more, although I reserve the right not to divulge too much of my story (LOL), as I want to save somethings for future installments! Have a nice day 🙂.

• Like 9

The Official HeelsWearer's High Heel Survey

Almost all weekdays, though perhaps my footwear does not meet the definition of high heels.

As part of everyday shoes, block heels only.

only 5-8 cm

Not at all, though my everyday heels aren't that high and block heels are quite easy.

Not the modest shoes I use. But even those can be difficult in winter.

Absolutely, I have done couple of outings wearing 10-13 cm stilettos and could imagine the pain and damage to feet if such shoes are worn every day.

Normally not, as I prefer very modest height shoes. Higher stilettos are a different story and I don't wear them that much, not to mention wearing all day.

8) If yes, what areas cause you problems?

That would be toes and especially the small bunions I have had for some years. No problmes with 2-3" heels what are wide enough.

No problem there, either.

As everyday footwear, in my 40s, tough my everyday shoes can barely be called heels.

Nothing whatsoever. Not even when venturing out in 12-13 stilettos.

Never.

About 10 years now.

Not my 2-3" block heel shoes and boots. Consider getting rid of my collection of stilettos, though, in order to save some storage space. Have more shoes than my two teenage daughters combined ;) Wouldn't use stilettos as everyday shoes and I am not into CD or drag.

Being just 175cm, for added height and better posture. Also like the thrill of people noticing or not noticing - either way is kind of cool. Besides, I think the kind of ladies' shoes I prefer simply look better than your average flat male oxfords etc. There is also much wider variety to choose from going to the other side of the aisle. Luck me I have EU41 to 42 foot size, depending on the width of the shoe.

Certainly. I had a sporting accident many years ago, dislocated and fractured bones in one foot. After surgery, learning to walk and run again was a project that took nearly 2 years. So I definitely know not to fool with my feet and health in general.

No need for that as my heels are fairly low and know to have shoes large enough if worn all day.

No,

Not applicable.

Too early to tell. Most likely will wear much less, as after retirement there will be less need to dress formally for work. Black suit and tie etc in my profession.

13 hours ago, HeelsWearer said:

mlroseplant asked,

"I don't mean to be a jackwagon, but I have some questions. Maybe they are uncomfortable questions.

You say that you wear high heels exclusively. You don't own flats. Evidently, you never walk barefoot, either. However, despite 35 years of constant practice, you still find heels uncomfortable, and can't walk in them properly. As a person who aspires to wear very high heels more often, am I wasting my time?"

Let me start by reassuring you that you're not a jackwagon. The questions you ask are fair and I'm willing to answer them. 

As I stated in my stories, I am a rare breed even among high heel wearers. I have always loved my stilettos and still do. I do wear high heels exclusively... I don't own flats or even low-heels for that matter. I might have a couple pairs of 4 inch heels in the back of my closet but I can't tell you the last time I wore them. The shoes I wear are at least 4 1/2 inches high or higher, up to 6 inches without platforms. I'm not a platform person; that's just my preference. I do walk barefoot but I can't get my heels to touch the ground without pain, so when I am barefoot (shower, night runs to the bathroom, on the beach, etc.) I do so on my tiptoes. 

As far as comfort and ability to walk in my stilettos I will clarify. I work in retail so I'm on my feet all day in 5 or 6 inch heels. Working in retail in itself can be painful on someone's feet, legs, and back. It's no different for me. But the high heels make it worse, that's just a fact of life that I'm willing to put up with. I love my high heels so much... they make me feel feminine, sexy, and just overall better about myself. Yes, I have physical problems caused by wearing high heels for 35 years with many of them being on my feet. That's a price that I'm willing to pay. I do get questioned all the time, "How do you wear such high heels standing on your feet all day?" I am just used to it.  As for difficult to walk in, that also has to be put in perspective.  I am actually very graceful in my high heels, even my 6 inch heels. But the fact remains when you live in high heels and wear them everyday in all situations, you face many challenges. (Examples: snow, ice, uneven sidewalks, wet floors, slippery floors, steep staircases, not flat terrain such as a walking path, chasing children, etc.)  Yes, I raised my children while wearing my stilettos, but more about that in my story as it progresses. When you live your life in stilettos for 35 years, there are going to be times that you stumble, trip or fall. It's happened to me more than I care to count. But when you consider how many steps I've taken over the years and where I've gone, it's a very miniscule amount of falls. When I am walking now, I am programmed subconsciously to watch where I step and be aware of the surface I'm walking on. It's now second nature to me; however, accidents still do happen. 

If you aspire to wear high heels more often, then practice, practice, practice. I would suggest for the regular high heel wearer (not someone obsessed like me) that you wear appropriate high heels for the situation. If you're going shopping for the day, perhaps a lower heel than what you may wear out to dinner where you are sitting. If you are going out for a walk along a nature path that's only got gravel and not pavement, perhaps a thicker heel will be easier to handle. And if you have a full day at an amusement park planned, then maybe flats would be best.  So you can strive to become better in heels, especially when some thought is given ahead of time. But know that at any time you may twist an ankle or catch a heel on a step while going downstairs, but it should be a rare occurrence if you're careful.

Thank you for your questions. I think I've answered them all. Feel free to ask more, although I reserve the right not to divulge too much of my story (LOL), as I want to save somethings for future installments! Have a nice day 🙂.

I can see in this the teenage girl who determinedly wore five inch stilettos on a multi-day school field trip!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1) How often do you wear high heels? At least 16 hours a day.  Sometimes to bed.

Ballet boots.  My tendons are used to them now.

6-10 inch

Yes, but all things we do to look good are uncomfortable.  It’s not comfortable waxing my legs either lol.  But, guys will definitely take notice of a girl who can walk perfectly in heals.

When I was younger I certainly did.  Now I’m used to it.  Gravel is annoying.  Grass isn’t to bad since I’ll walk on my toes more.

My posture is perfect so I really don’t think they are negatively affecting my back.  Yes I’m sure my feet are slightly problematic, but it’s no worse then someone who smokes, over eats, drinks etc.  those 3 things can kill you.  Having sore feet won’t kill me.  

I can’t go barefoot any more.  But my husband likes that so I’m not sure if it is an ill effect.  My biggest complaint is men doesn’t always take me seriously at work because of them.  I’m an Engineer and men already think female engineers don’t know anything.  But, I’m not going to change the way I dress to get there approval.  The managers take me seriously.

See above

I can not do any of that.

16, but much lower back then

From the men, a lot, mostly inappropriate for work.  From the woman mostly just catty stuff.  I’m the only female engineer at my company so the other woman are also in power positions.

Daily

I’m 22 now.  6 years total but 3 year of 16 or more hours per day.

That ship has sailed since I can’t walk without heels now.

My husband loves them.  I feel sexy in them.  I like the power it gives me to command guys attention.

Nope.  

Nope. 

When I started wearing them more, yes.  Also the few times I have been drunk. Another time when the heal broke. (Cheaper pair)  Not any more though.

probably 5 times total.

No

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
===============================

The Official HeelsWearer's High Heel Survey 

A: Daily, usually mornings

A: Thin Stiletto

3) How high is your average daily heel height?

A: 4 inch (probably more 4.5 inch, most if mine are 5 inch ir higher)

A: Not if they are a decent brand and well made.

5) Do you find high heels difficult to walk in?

A: No, 30 years of practice helped :)

6) Did you know high heels can be bad for your legs, feet and back?

A: I heard that rumor :)

A: A little ankle pain from time to time.

A: Ankle joint.

A: No, but i feel more at home in a heels 3 inch or higher.

A: 20

A: Always positive.

A: weekly on average.

A: about 30 years

A: er.. No!

A: so many styles that appeal, the height, the sound of the heel.

A: Possibly

A: Sometimes

A: yes

A: only a few times

A: only if my feet cant take it anymore :)

Edited by NrthEastHeel
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Grand Master
  • Members
  • Birth Sex: Male

1) How often do you wear high heels? - Daily

2) What type of heel do you prefer?- Stiletto

3) How high is your average daily heel height? 5" -5.5"

6) Did you know high heels can be bad for your legs, feet and back? No problems so far

7) Do you have any ill effects from wearing high heels? No

9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot? I do feel some calf tightness

10) How old were you when you started wearing high heels regularly? 18

11) Do you get comments (positive or negative) on your high heels? Always positive

12) How often do you get comments? Rarely

13) How many years have you been wearing high heels regularly? 25+

14) Do you ever consider giving up wearing high heels? No

15) What is/are the reason you wear high heels? I love how they look, how they feel and sound

16) Would you consider giving up high heels if they became too painful? If that should happen, we'll see

17) Do you ever slip your heels off under your desk or when sitting to relieve pressure? No

18) Have you ever fallen due to wearing high heels? Never

20) Do you plan on giving up high heels regularly as you get past 60 years old? Not at this time