Feminising The Male Wardrobe

VirginHeels

https://f-trend.com/blog/rise-mens-feminine-masculinity-2019-and-future-fashion-trend

We may be on the edge of a more androgynous future for clothing. I for one am looking at feminising my wardrobe a little in certain areas. Might not be a massive amount, just certain prices if I can loose a few more pounds in weight.

Discuss.

While my wardrobe has many (mostly) items from the woman side of the store, those runway looks are nothing I plan to wear; although, I have faux leather pants and snakeprint jeans. Funny thing is a get compliment by men of some of what I wear and asked where they can find that ____ .

Make-up companies see men as an untapped revenue source, but it will be a hard sale.  You now see some of the mainstream companies starting to use male spoke-models. But I'm still waiting for that 60 second ad during the Super Bowl for male eyeshadow or mascara.  LOL

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Have often thought of wearing some other "female branded" accessories, especially super tight jeans and leggings...But, need to drop a few pounds first....

I tried some super skinny jeans, but it took too much effort to get them up my legs and even more to get them off. They did fit my waist (30 inch) but they went back; I'm not a sausage and don't want to look like one. 🙃

If you like it and it fits, buy it and wear it.  Life is too short to be holding our breath waiting for the fashion industry to tell me when it's ok to wear heels, skirts, or anything in particular really.  But yes, it's a good sign when the retailers try to catch up to us... 

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 4

On 1/31/2021 at 6:05 PM, pebblesf said:

Have often thought of wearing some other "female branded" accessories, especially super tight jeans and leggings...But, need to drop a few pounds first....

Ahh - - An area I've been successful at. I have quite a few pairs of womens jeans I wear out often. Usually a flared leg but often tight on the thighs etc. I've gotten pretty good at picking out excellent finds at thrift shops. Mostly in a size 10 lowrise. (yes, my gut doesn't allow high rise) My daughter figured it out, but it doesn't bother her. I also make sure the leg is suitable to predominately cover my higher heeled boots. That's one area I'm not venturing further in due to the local viewpoint on anything considered ""trans"". that's a sore subject in these parts.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 10:43 PM, VirginHeels said:

https://f-trend.com/blog/rise-mens-feminine-masculinity-2019-and-future-fashion-trend

We may be on the edge of a more androgynous future for clothing. I for one am looking at feminising my wardrobe a little in certain areas. Might not be a massive amount, just certain prices if I can loose a few more pounds in weight.

Discuss.

This is political driven stuff. This has nothing to do with what we always wanted, to freely express ourselves, but part of a concerted campaign to destroy everything masculine.

Edited by Chorlini
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chorlini said:

This is political driven stuff. This has nothing to do with what we always wanted, to freely express ourselves, but part of a concerted campaign to destroy everything masculine.

While I am disinclined to be so melodramatic about it, this particular article does seems to unjustifiably intertwine mere fashion with basic identity, which is obviously a false premise, as most of us on this site can attest.  I don't hate the term Toxic Masculinity, but I don't particularly like it either, and more importantly, what has it got to do with fashion trends? You know the term I like? It's called, "Don't be a Jackwagon." If more people followed this mantra, we'd have a lot fewer problems in this world. That goes for women, too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

While I am disinclined to be so melodramatic about it, this particular article does seems to unjustifiably intertwine mere fashion with basic identity, which is obviously a false premise, as most of us on this site can attest.  I don't hate the term Toxic Masculinity, but I don't particularly like it either, and more importantly, what has it got to do with fashion trends? You know the term I like? It's called, "Don't be a Jackwagon." If more people followed this mantra, we'd have a lot fewer problems in this world. That goes for women, too.

Sadly everything is political to these people and a platform to be used. And they will take over any community they come across and which they think will offer them a platform. They did it to the effin' online knitting community. Knitting!

You know I actually had to google that term jackwagon. I learned something new today. I reckon that me being melodramatic might make me a jackwagon, but if these weirdos come for this community the don't be a jackwagon mantra won't stop them from taking it over and getting rid of any of us they deem 'problematic'.

67cead6455de185.thumb.jpg.3ea500b93dd0ba92a372eabb85544544.jpg

• Like 3

Get real!  Anything and everything you say or do these days is going to offend someone.  So, do your thing and tell those that don’t like it to go scratch their mad place!  I wasn’t put on this earth to knuckle under to everyone else’s likes or dislikes.  

• Like 3

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think many of us are getting quite tired of being told how we should think and act.  And the news media is at the top of my list.  How about maybe reporting facts instead of pushing an agenda.

• Like 1

As a journalist who has an old time regard for fact and neutral reportage I find modern journalism deeply dispiriting - it doesn't matter which end of the political spectrum you look at, Fox or CNN, they are both appallingly unprofessional  

• Like 2

On 3/7/2021 at 12:41 PM, Shyheels said:

As a journalist who has an old time regard for fact and neutral reportage I find modern journalism deeply dispiriting - it doesn't matter which end of the political spectrum you look at, Fox or CNN, they are both appallingly unprofessional  

Well, at least in the US you're still getting a FOX news giving you kinda the other side of the argument. In theory you could watch a CNN and then FOX or vice versa and kinda distill something that sits between them as the actual news. In the Netherlands and many other Euroweenie countries all the newschannels only get you the left side of the argument.

On 3/7/2021 at 7:48 PM, RonC said:

That reflects my viewpoint as well.  What happened to reporting facts without opinion or slant?

Activists have taken over the industry. And they want to re-educate you, not inform you. Also giving you rage bait news helps them generate clicks. And clicks = money

I don’t live in the US. I live in the UK but I read international news websites daily and from across the political spectrum. I can’t answer for continental news outlets, but in Britain you can still read a range of views.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I can’t answer for continental news outlets, but in Britain you can still read a range of views.

That is the problem, however, is that they give you "views" instead of facts and allowing you to come up with your own view instead of being told what it is.

Every news outlet will have its slant. Stories can be entirely factual and still have a slant. It’s just the way humans work. By reading a variety of outlets, and knowing their innate biases, you can come near to getting an accurate view.

There are notable exceptions, CNN being arguably the worst, where there is not even a pretence of delivering unbiased news or sticking to facts.

• Like 2

Well, if you look at CNN they typically lead with “analysis” stories -sometimes the top four or five stories will all be Analysis pieces - that’s not even pretending to be a news organisation anymore

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

Certainly smacks of social engineering. Anybody remember that person who came to our forum essentially saying those sorts of things? I think a couple of us (not me) sniffed out some ulterior motive and sent them packing. I think like most here, I'm not interested in feminizing, I just want to wear what I want, as women do, full stop. If it looks femme, cool, if not, also cool.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

For me, I do and wear what I like.  That does not mean I exclude others, I am an inclusive type of guy, but I enjoy my life.  My wardrobe is not really "feminized" but I have many pairs of gals flats and sandals, and I also wear gals pants regularly (mostly Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda pants), since they fit nicely.  To me they look somewhat unisex but the wife can spot them the minute I put them on, she says that I am wearing my "Glorias," funny gal.  I also like bright colored clothing, shirts, t-shirts and even pants and jackets.  Bright(er) colors can be difficult to find, especially in the mens section.  Most are drab, non imaginative darker colors, yuck.  

OK, so maybe my wardrobe is a bit feminized, so what?  I like it, it makes living this short life fun....   sf

Some of my shirts, in the correct ROYGBIV order even...

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 7.09.33 AM.png

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"