My answers to my High Heel Survey

HeelsWearer

I developed a High Heel survey which I posted here for both guys and gals to take a year ago. I've been asked by a few about my personal results. After starting my High Heel Story in "Stories with a high heel theme" I decided I would post my results, which will be expanded on in future posts.

1) How often do you wear high heels?  7 days a week (don't own flats!)
2) What type of heel do you prefer?  Stilettos
3) How high is your average daily heel height?  6 inches
4) Do you find high heels uncomfortable?  Yes  (I work in retail on my feet)
5) Do you find high heels difficult to walk in?  Yes  (I don't walk, I teeter-totter! LOL)
6) Did you know high heels can be bad for your legs, feet and back?  Yes
7) Do you have any ill effects from wearing high heels?  Yes
8) If yes, what areas cause you problems?  Feet, Legs, and Back 
9) Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to wear low-heels, flats or go barefoot?  Yes (Impossible)
10) How old were you when you started wearing high heels regularly? 13 to 15  (13)
11) Do you get comments (positive or negative) on your high heels? Yes
12) How often do you get comments? Daily
13) How many years have you been wearing high heels regularly? 25 years or longer  (Closer to 35 years actually)
14) Do you ever consider giving up wearing high heels? No (Never!)
15) What is/are the reason you wear high heels? They look/feel sexy, They are stylish, My husband likes the look (actually loves the look), I am obsessed with high heels.
16) Would you consider giving up high heels if they became too painful? No (If I haven't by now, I never will!)
17) Do you ever slip your heels off under your desk or when sitting to relieve pressure? Yes (Dangle when I'm sitting. Dipping when I'm standing. I never totally remove them)
18) Have you ever fallen due to wearing high heels? Yes
19) If you have fallen due to wearing high heels, how often has it happened? 4 or more times (too many to count!)
20) Do you plan on giving up high heels regularly as you get passed 60 years old? No (Never, I'll go in a wheelchair first and keep wearing them. LOL)

Edited by HeelsWearer

Just curious since you say you teeter in six-inch heels even after your years of experience in wearing them. Have you ever considered lower heels - say, four- to five-inch heels? Five-inch heels have quite an elegant profile... Just a thought

• Like 2

Shyheels - As my story will eventually reveal, I spent years in 5 inch stilettos. I did move up to 6 inch heels later. You'll have to wait on the details  : - )

Chorlini - The easiest place to find the link is in "For the Girls". It's on the first page. No platforms... full stilettos!

• Like 4

Hello @HeelsWearer

i have been to the ‘’ for the girl forum’’ and read your page. 

Very interesting. For sure most of the women in 3” heels aren’t passionate with heels but do it for different reason as professional ones or special occasions. They don’t pay much attention in purchasing shoes that fit properly.These are small chances they move to higher heels one day. To sneakers for sure. 

The ones who go regularly to higher heels ( 4” and more) are all heels lovers and then pay a lot of attention to the shoes they buy,how to bring some more comfort and give their feet the cares they need. So there is a lot of chance to find 5” or more heels wearers in that category. Which won’t give up except huge problems. 

These 2 categories tend to become more and more separate. 

A point I am not sure about is the extend to which jealousy can be found in the first category. 

My male experience has taught me that with the time comes the wish to go higher. If a heel passionate of course. 

I am curious to know where you buy your shoes because most of the 6” heels available are fetish ones,with no comfort at all 

Pierre 

• Like 1

There is a specialty female shoe store in a city near me. They sell no platform stilettos (4,5,6,7 inches), they sell platform stilettos (4 inches up to 10 inches, stripper shoes, platform shoes, calf length high heel boots, thigh length high heel boots, etc. Sexy shoes is their business. I have found many pairs at this store. I have also found some online by doing Google searches... for example: "6 inch stilettos, no platforms".  

Question for you: I don't understand this statement, please explain: "A point I am not sure about is the extend to which jealousy can be found in the first category."  

I hope this helps!! Thanks for the interest  :-)

35 minutes ago, HeelsWearer said:

There is a specialty female shoe store in a city near me. They sell no platform stilettos (4,5,6,7 inches), they sell platform stilettos (4 inches up to 10 inches, stripper shoes, platform shoes, calf length high heel boots, thigh length high heel boots, etc. Sexy shoes is their business. I have found many pairs at this store. I have also found some online by doing Google searches... for example: "6 inch stilettos, no platforms".  

Sounds like a store selling Pleaser footwear.

I would have done your questionnaire but the answer choices were too restrictive - for example the question about favourite heel types had two options - stiletto or wedge/platform. I don’t likes wedges or platforms at all, and while I do like stilettos, most of my boots have Cuban or block heels. (Except for my cycling shoes, I don’t wear shoes, only boots).

And while I know that heels are meant to be bad for you, I have found that wearing 3-4” heels actually helps ease back spasms - so I couldn’t truthfully answer questions about heels and health.

I read your explanation post and think you’re totally correct in your asserting that people either “get” heels or they don’t and those that do “get” the idea, love them. The first time I stood up in heels - a pair of five-inch stiletto knee boots - was exhilarating. I “got it” straight away, understood the powerful appeal - doubled in my case because along with the sense of imperiousness that goes with wearing five-inch stilettos was a delicious sense of taboo breaking and stepping outside myself.

An hour later I also realised that despite my cycling thousands of miles each year, wearing five-inch stilettos was the single best calf muscle workout I’ve ever had!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chorlini said:

Sounds like a store selling Pleaser footwear.

Yes, they do sell Pleaser, I've seen them there. The store is really huge. If I didn't live so far away I'd love to work there! 

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I would have done your questionnaire but the answer choices were too restrictive - for example the question about favourite heel types had two options - stiletto or wedge/platform. I don’t likes wedges or platforms at all, and while I do like stilettos, most of my boots have Cuban or block heels. (Except for my cycling shoes, I don’t wear shoes, only boots).

And while I know that heels are meant to be bad for you, I have found that wearing 3-4” heels actually helps ease back spasms - so I couldn’t truthfully answer questions about heels and health.

I read your explanation post and think you’re totally correct in your asserting that people either “get” heels or they don’t and those that do “get” the idea, love them. The first time I stood up in heels - a pair of five-inch stiletto knee boots - was exhilarating. I “got it” straight away, understood the powerful appeal - doubled in my case because along with the sense of imperiousness that goes with wearing five-inch stilettos was a delicious sense of taboo breaking and stepping outside myself.

An hour later I also realised that despite my cycling thousands of miles each year, wearing five-inch stilettos was the single best calf muscle workout I’ve ever had!

Sorry the survey didn't work for you. By NO means is it scientific or all inclusive for everyone. 

There have been very few people who "get" heels that have problems. Most who "get it" are very happy with their heels. I'll admit I'm one of the rare ones that LOVES her high heels but has suffered damage from them, but that's only because I started wearing them daily at such a young age (13) and I've worked in retail standing on my feet for years! It was inevitable that I was going to develop problems, after all, many people who work in retail for years end up with foot, leg or back problems even if they wear sturdy work shoes!  But as the saying goes, "I'm willing to suffer to look sexy".  But more on all that later in my story. You get me to open up so easily, Shyheels. (smile!) 

• Like 3

Hello @HeelsWearer

i will try to explain my thought:

it seems to me that women who don’t want to go higher than 2/3 inches are jealous when they see another women  in very high heels. Then come the usual comments:” she is a slut”,she will destroy her ankles,isn’t she already tall enough?,it’s ugly,and more.

The ones who really can’t wear heels for a sad but true reason don’t react that way and often have positive comments. 

By the way you haven’t answered my question. I was interested in knowing the shoe brands you wear. Because such a long time in extreme heels requires the best comfort. Wearing crappy 6” as it is often found on most online or fetish shops is just impossible 

thanks 

Pierre 

I do have Louboutin and Jimmy Chou heels. Unfortunately many of my 6 inch heels aren't made very well and I get them off the web. The store I mentioned sells the same type of 6 inch heels you can get online.  It's difficult to find top quality, non-platform, 5 and 6 inch stilettos unless you drop some big money, which I've done. 

I understand your explanation now. It is true that some women give me the stink eye or make rude comments about my stilettos. I really think they're jealous and they don't like the fact their men notice!  Oh the life of a high heeled woman....  (LOL) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeelsWearer said:

I do have Louboutin and Jimmy Chou heels. Unfortunately many of my 6 inch heels aren't made very well and I get them off the web. The store I mentioned sells the same type of 6 inch heels you can get online.  It's difficult to find top quality, non-platform, 5 and 6 inch stilettos unless you drop some big money, which I've done. 

So what brands do you recommend in the 5" and 5.5" range?

2 minutes ago, HeelsWearer said:

I understand your explanation now. It is true that some women give me the stink eye or make rude comments about my stilettos. I really think they're jealous and they don't like the fact their men notice!  Oh the life of a high heeled woman....  (LOL) 

I firmly believe that women would have ruled the world, if it weren't for other women.

I love that quote about women ruling the world.  It's probably true!!! (smile)

I have to say that Louboutin and Jimmy Chou are the best for that range of heel if you don't want a platform in front. I don't wear platforms in front, I prefer no platform.  However, Pleaser makes very comfortable heels in that range if you like platforms in front and a stiletto in back. I know a dancer who wears Pleaser's for hours on end and she says they are more comfortable than flats! From being a high heel fanatic my whole life, I would say in general that heels with a platform in front are more comfortable; however, for me I just prefer the look of non-platform heels. It's not that I think platforms are ugly by any means, it's just my preference and always has been to wear non-platforms. 

11 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Have you looked at Italian Heels? http://www.italianheels.com/index_en.shtml

Yes, I've seen that site before. I am not sure if they distribute shoes or are they made by that company?  I have bought from that site with success!  In general, I find Italian made shoes are of good quality! 

Edited by HeelsWearer
  • Like 1

I believe they make them. I have a pair of their Tina boots - a classic style with 5” stiletto heels which I like very much. They are very nicely made. I am fortunate in having narrow feet as their boots are built on quite a narrow last (I assume their shoes would be too)

As a side note, I don’t care for platforms either.

Edited by Shyheels

27 minutes ago, HeelsWearer said:

I love that quote about women ruling the world.  It's probably true!!! (smile)

I have to say that Louboutin and Jimmy Chou are the best for that range of heel if you don't want a platform in front. I don't wear platforms in front, I prefer no platform.  However, Pleaser makes very comfortable heels in that range if you like platforms in front and a stiletto in back. I know a dancer who wears Pleaser's for hours on end and she says they are more comfortable than flats! From being a high heel fanatic my whole life, I would say in general that heels with a platform in front are more comfortable; however, for me I just prefer the look of non-platform heels. It's not that I think platforms are ugly by any means, it's just my preference and always has been to wear non-platforms. 

Well, it were the strippers who popularized the platform heels, and Pleaser was among the first to make them. They weren't called stripper heels for nothing. Very comfy for long time wear and dancing. Lots of grip. At the time I liked them, now I hate them. Single sole only for me. And it kinda irks my autism the wrong way that people who wear platforms, nothing with that, keep on saying they're wearing like 6" heels when I can clearly see a 2" platform. You're wearing 4" heels, dude or lady, with a 2" platform.

27 minutes ago, HeelsWearer said:

Yes, I've seen that site before. I am not sure if they distribute shoes or are they made by that company?  I have bought from that site with success!  In general, I find Italian made shoes are of good quality! 

I think they make them to order from local cobblers. Good quality overall but like with everything Italian, they seem utterly incapable or unwilling to comprehend that people with wide feet exist. Everything seems more narrow then usual with Italian footwear.

• Like 1

Yes Italian heels are made in the factory in Italy. 

You also have Fuss Shoes. Give the preference in the “Italian made range” 

Also Extreme high heels in Spain. Hand made by one shoe maker. 

So true @Chorlini! The only real height is the difference in between toes and heel. And even more ,depending on the size. We should mesure with the real angle of the sole. 45degrees seems to be a nice high heel angle. 

I have both platform and non-platform heels. Platforms are great, I have them from hidden 1/2 inch to 2 inches monsters. But I look for a difference of 4 inches up to 5, I even have the sales people bring out rulers to measure.

Ernest WAS the shop to go in Paris for high heels lovers. Customers were high heels passionate,strippers and men! 

Since the company has been sold ,the new owner made in short men are not well anymore. 

I got my first extremes heels from there 15 years ago. Perfect quality. Nowadays no large size anymore and not so many real high  heels. 

15 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Ernest WAS the shop to go in Paris for high heels lovers. Customers were high heels passionate,strippers and men! 

Since the company has been sold ,the new owner made in short men are not well anymore. 

I got my first extremes heels from there 15 years ago. Perfect quality. Nowadays no large size anymore and not so many real high  heels. 

So does that mean the business has declined? Considering how much high heels are being offered in large sizes online, even if it is from only a relatively few sources, cutting yourself off that market must have financial repercussions. Not to mention that in the Western world people get taller and bigger. Including women. Which means you discriminate against those women as well by not offering anything in large sizes. Which is a thing I can't help but notice that retail in general is slow to realize that people are changing in that regard. Still mostly shoes only going up to size EU41 for the main part, EU42 if you're lucky.

34 minutes ago, Chorlini said:

So does that mean the business has declined? Considering how much high heels are being offered in large sizes online, even if it is from only a relatively few sources, cutting yourself off that market must have financial repercussions. Not to mention that in the Western world people get taller and bigger. Including women. Which means you discriminate against those women as well by not offering anything in large sizes. Which is a thing I can't help but notice that retail in general is slow to realize that people are changing in that regard. Still mostly shoes only going up to size EU41 for the main part, EU42 if you're lucky.

I find it quite ironic that my physiology (being small for a Westerner) was such a perceived handicap back in my younger days, but now it seems a great advantage, in more ways than one.

As a not-so-aside, I would absolutely love to have some Maison Ernest "Favorite" mules, but I'm unwilling to spend that kind of cash for something that is a complete unknown.

About Ernest is just because the new owner wanted to bring the name to a higher level. She thinks that men,TV,strippers gives a bad image. 

She also wanted to add a lot of fuss to please oriental women .

The classy  “ less is more” but on extreme heels is now lost there .

• Thanks 1