PART 2 : My first day at school in stilettos

I could not wait for the next day to wear them to school. I put on my new stilettos and jeans. I rolled up my jeans to my ankle to make sure my new shoes were on display for all to see. I headed out to the bus stop, full of anticipation. My walk to the bus stop was a little over a quarter mile and we live along a main road. I quickly learned it was difficult to walk along on the side of the road and my steps were short and tentative. There were cracks and small holes in the pavement that I never noticed before. As I made my way, I was shocked but happy when a couple of cars beeped their horns at me!

When the bus came, I climbed up the steps, my heels click-clacked as I walked down the aisle. Immediately I could feel eyes peeking at my shoes. I was so excited and could feel my heart pounding. I found a seat with a friend. She was awestruck by my shoes and began asking me about them right away. She loved them but said she could no way walk in something that high. When we arrived at school I had my first chance at going down steps. I made my way to the front of the bus and I held the rail as I made my way down the steps, taking each step with extra care.

By the time I got inside I realized that wearing such high heels was not going to be easy. I had already learned the challenges of a slippery mall floor, the dangers of cracks and holes on the side of the road, the difficulty with stairs, and now I found the floor of the school also very slippery. But I didn't care, I loved my new heels. My steps were shorter as I made my way to my first class. The noise was announcing my arrival and most heads (teachers and students) turned to watch me walk by. I immediately loved the attention. I arrived in my first class and sat down. The teacher came over to me and she told me she absolutely loved my shoes. She wore 2-inch heels in school but admitted she would wear 3 inch heels on the weekends. She asked me how they felt and I told her so far so good.

My first day in stilettos was going well. My friends all complimented me on my shoes. During lunch, a couple of friends asked me if they could try them on and I told them to let me break them in first... I was too embarrassed to slip them off and sit there in my stocking feet. By the time the afternoon came around my feet were starting to hurt. Once again, I didn't care, it was too much fun wearing them and I was loving the attention. I had always been pretty much a wallflower but these shoes put me at the center of attention. 

The day continued on and I was in pain but enjoying every step. At the end of the school day, I had plans to go with friends to the movies. The movie theater was down the street and we'd always walk there from school. Once at the movie theater I was happy to sit down. By now my feet were killing me but I didn't want to admit it. I waited for the lights to go down and the movie to start before I gingerly slipped my feet out of my heels. I slipped them out just enough to relieve the pressure on my feet. I must admit it was a relief. I kept my feet out of my shoes for the majority of the movie. By the time the lights came back up, I had my heels back on my feet. I was picked up by my mother. She could read me like a book and knew my feet were hurting me. She asked me if I had learned my lesson. I told her it was a great experience and I was planning on wearing them again tomorrow. She told me I was stubborn and she was right. But more than stubborn, I was in love with these shoes and I was willing to suffer in them. They made me feel so sexy and feminine. 

When I got home, I left my shoes on while eating dinner and doing my homework. I wanted to keep them on as long as possible to break them in. I knew from reading that once a pair of high heels were broken in that they'd become much more comfortable. My sister was the first one to tell me they were "slut" shoes. She was 4 years older than me and very much a tomboy. She was into sports and wore sneakers 90% of the time, but I think she was a little jealous that I had the nerve to wear them. My brother, 2 years older than me, was awed by my stilettos and, however he didn't say anything, I could tell he approved of them as I caught him looking at them a couple of times when we were watching TV together. 

It was finally bedtime and I went upstairs. I was about to be introduced to a very unique sensation that would become well known to me. As I slipped my heels off, I was very much aware of the pulling in my calf muscles. It didn't hurt, but I could feel the tension trying to release. It actually felt as if I was leaning backward. I was somewhat shocked by this new feeling. In addition, I looked down at my feet and saw many red spots on my feet. I was happy that I had escaped any blisters. I sat on the edge of my bed and rubbed my feet and calves. I then took my shower and headed to bed. As I lay there falling to sleep my mind was thinking about my first day in high heels. Despite being tired, I found it difficult to slow my mind down as I played back the day's events in my mind. I was very happy and very sure that I would wear my new shoes again tomorrow! 
  • Like 7

Thank you Shyheels. Looking back now I am surprised I had the confidence to pull it off and that my mother allowed me to pull it off! But that's how infatuated I was (and still am) with high heels. After seeing that singer on stage high heels became a part of my personality, practicality and comfort be damned! More to follow.... 

• Like 1

What is especially impressive is the wise head on the young shoulders - the way you tempered your enthusiasm with enough caution to avoid blisters and so be able to wear them again the next day. A lot of thirteen year olds - most - would have thrown caution to the winds. And how nice to find your sense of style at that age 

• Like 1

LOL, my sense of style wasn't too great. No makep, conservative blouse and jeans. Lack of any fancy clothes brought that much more attention to my stilettos!; something I didn't even consider then. As for blisters, I think it was the knee high nylons that saved me. I have always worn nylons since my first day and I think that helps to avoid blisters; again, something I didn't consider at the time. I just new I was going to wear my high heels come hell or high water! (haha)

• Like 1

When I started to wear high heels (over 4 inch), the doctor's okayed it with "just no stilettoes." Well, I had a pair of stilettoes, Victoria's Secret ruched hidden-platforms.  Learning to walk in stilettos is a step curve. Tile and polished concrete surfaces are deadly! Even wet walkways covered by leaves.

The fact that you wore them all day the first day is impressive!  I bet many people (women) would give up and say they can't wear heels after the first day.

• Like 1

HeelsWearer : Nice story, Love it . Leaves me to question how true it is. There are other sites that show teen age boys wearing high heel shoes to school over  years past.  In there case they were sent home to change clothes . From fear the school administration thought is that the student in high heels may cause to much distraction . Also, Come under threat of harm from the school bullies . What year did you attend school while wearing high heels ? Was your school a progressive school ? Did your mother take photos of you when you wore high heels to school ?    Mikepost-26480-133522951876_thumb.jpg

To all . I must admit to being some what afflicted with a case of the bum ass . My apologies to Heelswearer . Now all I can say is " I wish I had been there to see all of that ". Thank you Shyheels for setting me straight . Mike 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HeelsWearer said:

Thank you Shyheels. Looking back now I am surprised I had the confidence to pull it off and that my mother allowed me to pull it off! But that's how infatuated I was (and still am) with high heels. After seeing that singer on stage high heels became a part of my personality, practicality and comfort be damned! More to follow.... 

What a great story indeed.  Sounds like people/friends were surprised by your heels, in a good way!  So cool having a compliment from the teacher.  Wearing great heels/boots is so liberating, so powerful.  I know and still enjoy the feeling for sure.  Good for you kiddo, have fun!

• Like 1

Just for clarification, I am 100% woman! I do see a lot of men here and that's okay with me. If anyone wants to wear high heels I say Go For It!  Looking back, I am somewhat surprised my school didn't at least have a discussion about my stilettos, but they didn't!  I think today they may consider them too dangerous for guy or gal to wear for fear of them falling and would update their dress policy to, "No heels above 2 inches", maybe 3 inches tops!

• Like 2

In today’s risk-averse world the school board would probably worry about being sued if anyone fell. Nice to have grown up in more swashbuckling times.  Important too, as in your case the heels really meant something. 

• Like 1