Musicians in heels

at9

Doing anything is heels is more difficult, until you get used to it. I had a discussion with someone that said it is dangerous to wear heels while driving. I drive often in 4" heels with no issue so I disagreed.  I probably drive in 4" heels more miles in a year than most people drive. The person went on to tell me a story of having a car accident while wearing heels. I went on to say if you rarely wear heels it will be more difficult to drive in heels as there is some adjustment to where to put your feet. Once you do it enough muscle memory takes over and high heels are not an issue. I feel the same can be said about playing musical instruments, guitar pedals, drum kit, pipe organ, whatever.  To some degree it is like learning to do it all over again, but maybe not that extreme.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

28 minutes ago, spikesmike said:

lsolathor : Just for the sake of some class, her heels should be higher and match the color of her hair. 

Wow, I'd not be so critical. 

Mike's just kidding, i hope.

3 hours ago, spikesmike said:

lsolathor : Just for the sake of some class, her heels should be higher and match the color of her hair. 

I think her height height is just fine, and the color is fine.  Nice photo!

15 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Add some red to the pumps?

78125164_DSC_1137_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.39e2a3f21a923080596bd942a1bd0060.JPG

• Like 2

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

26 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

My objection to these photos has nothing to do with the outfit(s). Do you have any idea how ridiculous this looks to an actual musician?

Yes, and that is because she had no idea how to play the instrument. But she liked the shape and wanted some pics with it. And who am i to say no to such a request ...

If You don´t like that i (or an admin) can delete the pics. 

73690324_DSC_1144a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.4a3e4b65687e340168b5a0b6fb1feb0c.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spikesmike said:

JKrenzer :  Of course I am kidding . Do you think I care if she can play a fiddle . If she wears high heels in her birthday suit ill even buy her album . Mike

I know, but tech sometimes does not get obvious humor.

12 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

My objection to these photos has nothing to do with the outfit(s). Do you have any idea how ridiculous this looks to an actual musician?

Come on ml!  LOL.

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2021 at 12:20 PM, mlroseplant said:

I'm a musician and I'm fine with it. As long as they hold the instrument in a way that tells me they actually know how to play it. With guitars you can always tell when they don't know. Not a classical musician though so the way she holds it looks decent to me.

3 hours ago, Chorlini said:

I'm a musician and I'm fine with it. As long as they hold the instrument in a way that tells me they actually know how to play it. With guitars you can always tell when they don't know. Not a classical musician though so the way she holds it looks decent to me.

Her bow is way over the fingerboard.  She isn't playing the cello in the first picture, and definitely not in the others.  
So, back on topic, I was hanging out back here today:  

spacer.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

She isn't playing the cello in the first picture, and definitely not in the others.   

And You are definitely not playing the instrument in that picture ..... 😉

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Pumped said:

You guys worry me! A good looking woman with nothing on but stockings and heels and you get hung up on the Cello!

You are obviously not a musician. 😁

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2021 at 8:32 AM, Isolathor said:

cello12.thumb.jpg.4b792b4e82fc13d9805b164e321dd8cb.jpg

I am reminded of the celebrated British conductor, Sir Thomas Beecham, who was known for his wit.   On one occasion during rehearsals, a lady cellist was not playing to his saisfaction.   He turned to her, saying: 'Madam - what you have between your legs can give many men great satisfaction - and all you can do is sit there and scratch it!'

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Puffer said:

Sorry, but that looks like a decent pair of courts that have been ruined by the random attack of a pop-riveter.   Fashion??

Nothing to ruin with this pair, very cheap (less than 10€) shoes from China, smelly and uncomfortable (and booooooring as my wife said). They looked nice, yes, but couldn´t stay with us. So we did a modification for some funpictures and got rid of them afterwards via a forum-play.

m406.thumb.jpg.1e48401a1efbecb47c3b5be846d5a74f.jpg

Edited by Isolathor
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Isolathor said:

Nothing to ruin with this pair, very cheap (less than 10€) shoes from China, smelly and uncomfortable (and booooooring as my wife said). They looked nice, yes, but couldn´t stay with us. So we did a modification for some funpictures and got rid of them afterwards via a forum-play.

m406.thumb.jpg.1e48401a1efbecb47c3b5be846d5a74f.jpg

Forum-play???

6 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Forum-play???

Sorry, i´m not a native speaker.

Should read a "game in a forum". The game went as follows: the heels would be send to an interested forummember who would do some pictures and post them in the forum. Thereafter they would be send to the next member who would do the same, taking pictures and posting them, sending to the next member and so on. You got a long thread with lots of pictures in many different styles. 

5 hours ago, Isolathor said:

Sorry, i´m not a native speaker.

Should read a "game in a forum". The game went as follows: the heels would be send to an interested forummember who would do some pictures and post them in the forum. Thereafter they would be send to the next member who would do the same, taking pictures and posting them, sending to the next member and so on. You got a long thread with lots of pictures in many different styles. 

Like, we should try that here too. Obviously international shipping prevents full participation.