Legs and heels competition 2021

Amanda

3 hours ago, StockingTop said:

They were from Asos, Penelope sounds familiar but I can't find those exact shoes on their website at the moment.

I just checked out their US site. A couple questions. 

Sizing - most reviews state they run small. What is yoy Pleaser size and how do these compare?

Heel Strength - one review said heel snapped, another said tip broke apart. Both claimed these after minimal wear. How much actual wear do you do? I'd wear these out and about, not just around house.

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Puffer said:

The Dutch Asos site has them going up to size EU44.

https://www.asos.com/nl/asos-design/asos-design-passion-pumps-met-stilettohak-in-chocolade/prd/200406684?clr=chocola&colourwayid=200406686&cid=6461

I'll give them a try and if not, I'll just return them like I did with the Penelope's.

12 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I just checked out their US site. A couple questions. 

Sizing - most reviews state they run small. What is yoy Pleaser size and how do these compare?

Heel Strength - one review said heel snapped, another said tip broke apart. Both claimed these after minimal wear. How much actual wear do you do? I'd wear these out and about, not just around house.

Thanks in advance.

I have three pairs of Pleasers, size 9 & they all slip up and down a little whereas the Asos size 9 heels are on the snug side. If you didn't know better you would think there was a half size difference.

I don't wear heels 'out and about' so can't really comment on their durability but they don't seem as robust as the Pleasers.

2 hours ago, StockingTop said:

I have three pairs of Pleasers, size 9 & they all slip up and down a little whereas the Asos size 9 heels are on the snug side. If you didn't know better you would think there was a half size difference.

I don't wear heels 'out and about' so can't really comment on their durability but they don't seem as robust as the Pleasers.

Thanks, I'll stay away then. Wasn't too excited after seeing the reviews. Are georgous heels but I'm pretty tough on my shoes. 172lb guy in stilettos on all surfaces for hours at a time tend to be that way.

18 hours ago, Chorlini said:

The Dutch Asos site has them going up to size EU44.

https://www.asos.com/nl/asos-design/asos-design-passion-pumps-met-stilettohak-in-chocolade/prd/200406684?clr=chocola&colourwayid=200406686&cid=6461

I'll give them a try and if not, I'll just return them like I did with the Penelope's.

I am somewhat sceptical that the claimed Eu44 is correct; more likely to be the advertised UK9 and possibly not even that big.   But I hope you get what you want; please let us know.

10 hours ago, Puffer said:

I am somewhat sceptical that the claimed Eu44 is correct; more likely to be the advertised UK9 and possibly not even that big.   But I hope you get what you want; please let us know.

Usually UK9 is listed as EU43. The Penelope's were listed as such. So we shall see.

On 9/28/2021 at 10:00 AM, Puffer said:

They arrived, I posted pics here:

I think I now understand what went wrong with the Penelope's. I thought they were sized UK9/EU43, turns out they were UK9/EU42. Really, is it too hard to ask for consistent sizing, shoe industry? Anyway, so now I got a pair of size UK11/EU44. Overshot my mark with one size as it were. Not going to send them back though. They look good, even though there is a slight gap in the back when wearing, but overall they're a snug fit, so I'm not going to risk it.

On 10/1/2021 at 2:47 PM, Chorlini said:

I think I now understand what went wrong with the Penelope's. I thought they were sized UK9/EU43, turns out they were UK9/EU42. Really, is it too hard to ask for consistent sizing, shoe industry? Anyway, so now I got a pair of size UK11/EU44. Overshot my mark with one size as it were. Not going to send them back though. They look good, even though there is a slight gap in the back when wearing, but overall they're a snug fit, so I'm not going to risk it.

I agree with you about sizing.   UK11 is not equivalent to Eu44; more correctly Eu45.   I very much doubt that your pair would fit UK11 but, from what you suggest, is a reasonably true Eu44 rather than the Eu43 you really wanted.

Sizing is irrelevant, especially in heels. In daily use i am a european 41, and in sneakers and flats and kittenheels that works OK. But my high heels range from 39 to 43 to fit my feet. And a friend offered my her extreme 7" heels because they were to large for her size 38, but even for my feet they were at least 2 numbers too large. I guess it was a manufacturing mistake, these shoes were stamped with the wrong size 6.5!

Helen

9 hours ago, spikesmike said:

lsolathor : Were these heels a gift that had to short a heel ?

No, it was an exchange. It was their first exchange, Vineta send 3 pairs to Helen, and Helen send 3 pairs to Vineta. Later they did it again.

The 3 pairs of heels received from Vineta:

2068829223_DSC_1427d_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.c35bb2bacadf9b72b82e64110ad5418c.JPG 2067217439_P8160687a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.3ee0746c0d57daa79a156963c58b2629.JPG 1783536444_P1010867a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.921ba29e35402d54310e6227066d2718.JPG

Another pair swapped with Vineta:

1274725703_DSC_4759b_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.2c4d907c0296593284f8aa04ed638454.JPG

Edited by Isolathor
  • Like 1

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

Heelers : You know , No one comes into my bank in high heel boots  like that. I'm the only person who wears high heels there. lsolathor, Would you and Helen consider moving to Ohio ? There is a nice house down the street for sale . Mike DSCF5252.thumb.JPG.495936b4d3748526a4a65cb9fb4bafda.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spikesmike said:

lsolathor, Would you and Helen consider moving to Ohio ? There is a nice house down the street for sale . Mike 

Sorry, but we are firmly grounded here in Germany. 😇

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

Bumble bees and wasp are in different subgroups; their stingers are different.

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

I thought you were already a WASP?

I'm the result of what happens when nobles and royals from around the world meet in a foreign land (continent) in the 16th and 17th century and inter-marry.