New To Heels - Questions.

VirginHeels

BIG Update!!!

After getting my feet measured, and finding out I’m wearing a larger shoe for comfort, I’m a size 10 male US, so a size 12 ladies, I done my homework and found a inexpensive brand Bella Vita and found a size 12 in a wide fitting to give me room. Now to wait the 6-11 days to get them.

I got these boots:

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/bella-vita-bronx-bootie-women/5720235?origin=category-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home%2FWomen%2FShoes%2FBoots&fashionsize=8%3A12~~17&fashionwidth=8%3Ae~~6&color=black suede

Time to get some black jeans and I’ve got the look I want. Can’t wait!!!

• Like 3

I’m gonna enjoy this journey, I can’t stop watching those videos with folk wearing a boot that nice 4-6 inch stiletto. One day I’ll hopefully be in a pair of those, hopefully. Hopefully walking into a gig with them on!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

BIG Update!!!

After getting my feet measured, and finding out I’m wearing a larger shoe for comfort, I’m a size 10 male US, so a size 12 ladies, I done my homework and found a inexpensive brand Bella Vita and found a size 12 in a wide fitting to give me room. Now to wait the 6-11 days to get them.

I got these boots:

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/bella-vita-bronx-bootie-women/5720235?origin=category-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home%2FWomen%2FShoes%2FBoots&fashionsize=8%3A12~~17&fashionwidth=8%3Ae~~6&color=black suede

Time to get some black jeans and I’ve got the look I want. Can’t wait!!!

Great harness boots for sure, perfect for any occasion...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

You appear to be starting out right. Miles put on with the heel height you have chosen will be quite valuable in the future when you go higher.

Thanks.

I am already planning on when/when it’s right to go higher. I’m already planning the next one pair to be a stiletto heel, then a 3.5 inch block or stacked heel, then a 3.5 inch stiletto. Going that way for the next few years until I can get in a 5 or 6 inch heel with a 2 inch platform. I’d love to go out in a pair of those Only Maker “timberland” boots or that pair of red tartan Jessica Simpson platforms I’ve seen. They seem to be quite a narrow fit, I’m gonna have to get ready for narrower widths.

The miles I put on at the moment are going to be restricted as I can’t do much as of this damn lockdown. House when I’m not working and out food shopping may be only times.

Once again, thanks to all who have contributed!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chorlini said:

Anything under 4" heels feels like flats to me. And considering you have quite large feet I still think you could have gone straight to 4".

I have often said it is easier for folks with larger feet to walk in heels, less of an angle from heel to toe....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I have often said it is easier for folks with larger feet to walk in heels, less of an angle from heel to toe....

Yup. 4" probably feels like 3" to us, 5"to 4" etc. 6" seems to be my limit these days.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Chorlini said:

Yup. 4" probably feels like 3" to us, 5"to 4" etc. 6" seems to be my limit these days.

My max is about 4.5" for extended trips, but looking to work up to 5.5"...  So much has to do with heel design and fit though...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chorlini said:

A lot of shoes state their heel height for a specific size, so a 120mm heel in size 41 might be 100 in 35. Don’t get too hung up on height measurements being absolute.

I have one pair of Cole Haan pumps that say they are 100mm, but they feel lower then a pair of Jimmy Choo’s I found online.

Edited by Rockpup
  • Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")

I probably could have gone to 4 inch heels, not gonna lie. I’d rather start with 2.5 then work up, especially as I want to be able to walk in a stiletto heel. I’d rather start small, after 6-12 months go for a 3-4 inch stiletto. I’d rather be comfortable doing so and look effortless in walking.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VirginHeels said:

I probably could have gone to 4 inch heels, not gonna lie. I’d rather start with 2.5 then work up, especially as I want to be able to walk in a stiletto heel. I’d rather start small, after 6-12 months go for a 3-4 inch stiletto. I’d rather be comfortable doing so and look effortless in walking.

I doubt you will need that long. Do not be surprised if you order another pair before March ;)

• Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")

11 minutes ago, Rockpup said:

I doubt you will need that long. Do not be surprised if you order another pair before March ;)

That would only be a good thing. I’m not going to get much time to wear what I’ve ordered as of Lockdown, once or twice a week tops wearing them out. Might be March/April before I get any decent wearing in.

On 1/27/2021 at 7:33 PM, VirginHeels said:

I've been catching-up and only just read your original question, and the replies.   You have been given some good general advice already; perhaps my own experience will help you too.

I am usually a UK11/Eu45, sometimes UK12/Eu46 depending on shoe style and maker.   It is not easy to find stylish and affordable footwear in these larger sizes in the UK, particularly if they are to be worn in public with reasonable discretion.   (Nothing wrong with e.g. Pleaser 5" courts - but they are obviously not for casual male shopping in Tesco's!)

I suggest that you keep an eye on ASOS, which has recently introduced several styles of nominally female boots and shoes in sizes up to UK13, although they tend to run a little small.   These Recite boots, for example:   https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-recite-heeled-ankle-boots-in-black/prd/20831763   I have a pair of these in the largest size (UK13) and they fit me well, are sturdy and comfortable to wear - the heel is 3.9" and easy to walk in.   They are also quite discreet when worn under long bootcut jeans.   Unfortunately, the largest sizes in these boots are now sold out, although they may return.   I would suggest that, if you are usually a true UK10, you go for at least a UK11.

ASOS does currently have some nice looking sandals in sizes to UK13: https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-nala-barely-there-heeled-sandals-in-black/prd/21802863?colourwayid=60300385&SearchQuery=&cid=27869 with a stiletto heel that is about 4.5" in the largest sizes, but possibly running a little narrow.   There are also these boots in sizes to UK13: https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-radley-knitted-heeled-sock-boots-in-black/prd/14846196?colourwayid=16648578&SearchQuery=&cid=27869 with a round heel of about 2.5" - and in the sale now at £14.00!

Good luck with finding something that you like - and which fits well and is wearable.   Do keep us posted.

• Like 1

Not fogetting these chelsea boots from Asos, still in stock in large sizes: https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-heeled-chelsea-boots-with-pointed-toe-in-black-leather-with-black-sole/prd/14179943?ctaref=we+recommend+carousel_0&featureref1=we+recommend+pers

I've boght them in Leopard pattern, but that's sold out in large sizes. Yes, I have worn them at the supermarket. Don't really know if other people noticed them.

I'm UK9 but found the UK9.5 with a good insole more comfortable.

• Like 2

Thanks!!! Hopefully I’ll have a delivery tomorrow.

The ASOS links look okay, I’m not entirely sold on ASOS as a whole. Pleasers would be good for nighttime attire, not so much for daily wear.

Im planning on how and when to move larger in heel height. It’s not a competition as many have noted, I’d like to get to 4 inches quite quickly. In my plan I’m going to go to a 4 inch stiletto heel now, I was going to stay with a stacked heel, I now think my next move will be brave and go stiletto.

I have seen a couple of Only Makers that are nice for something higher than that. I’ve also seen a couple of Jessica Simpson boots I like. I love the look of those Missy Rockz I posted about on another thread! I am mostly interested in the Oxford and Ankle boot style. Maybe a peep toe boot when I can get a get a pedicure.

Im keeping folks updated, as I want this to be something that can help some more lurkers out there start their journey, maybe even share it with us!!!

Examples of what I’m interested in:

OnlyMaker

https://www.onlymaker.com/collections/new-arrival/products/brown-leather-platform-zipper-stiletto-ankle-boots?variant=37646801305753
https://www.onlymaker.com/collections/ankle-boots/products/black-suede-round-toe-rivet-lace-up-ankle-boots?variant=18055965605978

Jessica Simpson

https://jessicasimpson.com/collections/boots-booties/products/irrena-boot-in-red-plaid
https://jessicasimpson.com/collections/boots-booties/products/irella-platform-combat-boot-in-black-floral-croc

Missy Rockz:

https://www.missy-rockz.com (pretty much all of theirs)

Pleaser:

https://pleasershoes.com/collections/pink-label/products/pinup-07sale?variant=22708074938416
https://pleasershoes.com/collections/pink-label/products/chloe-11?variant=64429752325

Nordstrom:

https://www.nordstrom.com/browse/women/shoes/booties?breadcrumb=Home%2FWomen%2FShoes%2FBooties&origin=topnav&sort=PriceLowToHigh&size='8%3A12~~17'&flexi=8000461_8000465|8000461_8000466 (Most things in this search that are not open toe/foot)

Edited by VirginHeels
  • Like 2

Jessica Simpson make some nice stilettoes. I have high arches so some are just too tight and they are a little pointed so I go up a size to a size 11.

I  got these two Rachines in fall 2019

TwoRachiesHH.jpg

And last fall (2020) I got this Rienie in Navy blue...can't have too many blue suede shoes.

JS-RIENE-NAVY-LXKDSU-410-BAC.jpg

JS-RIENE-NAVY-LXKDSU-410-ANG.jpg

But you need to act fast as the larger sizes at Jessica Simpson run out fast.

I got these JS Rollin knee highs and they fitted so well that I wanted a pair in another color, but they sold out before I could.

jessica2.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Cali said:

Jessica Simpson make some nice stilettoes. I have high arches so some are just too tight and they are a little pointed so I go up a size to a size 11.

I  got these two Rachines in fall 2019

TwoRachiesHH.jpg

And last fall (2020) I got this Rienie in Navy blue...can't have too many blue suede shoes.

JS-RIENE-NAVY-LXKDSU-410-BAC.jpg

JS-RIENE-NAVY-LXKDSU-410-ANG.jpg

But you need to act fast as the larger sizes at Jessica Simpson run out fast.

I got these JS Rollin knee highs and they fitted so well that I wanted a pair in another color, but they sold out before I could.

jessica2.jpg

I have read your thread a few times now @Cali, all your ankle boots and booties are just brilliant. As for the over the knee and knee highs, those don’t interest me unless they are cowboy boots.

I found my cowboy boots a few days ago as well. Nice Tony Lamas with a sedate 1 & 5/8 heel. That’s a heel that just ain’t cricket any more. Love the look of them on though!!!

Im probably going to do what you did, wear heels for a year or so under my jeans, then slowly unveil them to the world. Maybe get jeans that are a couple of inches longer in their leg length.

Be similar to the dude in this video:

That look is so hot it’s unbelievable. It would totally confuse so many folk in a crowded place.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, VirginHeels said:

I have read your thread a few times now @Cali, all your ankle boots and booties are just brilliant. As for the over the knee and knee highs, those don’t interest me unless they are cowboy boots.

I found my cowboy boots a few days ago as well. Nice Tony Lamas with a sedate 1 & 5/8 heel. That’s a heel that just ain’t cricket any more. Love the look of them on though!!!

Im probably going to do what you did, wear heels for a year or so under my jeans, then slowly unveil them to the world. Maybe get jeans that are a couple of inches longer in their leg length.

That look is so hot it’s unbelievable. It would totally confuse so many folk in a crowded place.

Great plan buddy, love this look with my 4.5" stiletto boots and levis..

• Like 1

I switched to only wearing women's shoes over a decade ago. It was a matter of fit and supporting my feet better. Men's shoes never fit my feet and lead to many injuries and surgeries.  So I have had sandals (and painted toes - pearl at first) for years. I started with sneakers and booties up to 2.5 inch heels.  My friends noticed right away that I had heels on, I was taller all of a sudden. I said I was told to by my foot surgeon because of the shape of my arch.

In 2015 I had an emergency need to wear 4 inch heels 24/7 for 5 months; couldn't walk without them. That lead to now where I am in heels as much as possible. I even load kayaks in them.

The first summer I wore 4 inch sandals with shorts, so I exposed my heels early in my journey. While I did hide my heels with longer boot cut jeans, even getting some with a 34" inseam I am now comfortable in skinny cut (stretch) jeans with a 30" or even a 28" inch inseam. So my heels are always exposed. 

Remember I'm a professional and a senior....lol.  But I'm not a inside-box-type of guy, specially when you have been involved with non-terra projects or work at the edge of what is known and expanding from there. I'm known to be very unique and smart as well as having guts to challenge the "usual", so I think/hope that I can get away with more.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

Thanks!!! Hopefully I’ll have a delivery tomorrow.

The ASOS links look okay, I’m not entirely sold on ASOS as a whole. Pleasers would be good for nighttime attire, not so much for daily wear.

Im planning on how and when to move larger in heel height. It’s not a competition as many have noted, I’d like to get to 4 inches quite quickly. In my plan I’m going to go to a 4 inch stiletto heel now, I was going to stay with a stacked heel, I now think my next move will be brave and go stiletto.

We have differing likes!   I would wear the Nordstrom Lex booties (if they were in my size: USW14) but none of the others appeal.

I'm not sure what you have against ASOS, which seem to offer good quality for the price.   One other item now on sale (£22.95!) that might appeal to you is this Kendra thigh boot - the UK11 should be a good fit fit you and the stiletto heel is 4.75": https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-kendra-stiletto-thigh-high-boots-in-black/prd/12577026?colourwayid=16519460&SearchQuery=&cid=1931

image.png.78ddd70e0839b3762d5cbfbfba9ce8b5.png

I suppose we have different likes. I like booties, Oxfords and some pumps (even if I’d never wear a pump) as I like my feet to be enclosed but with a shaft of less than calf height. As for ASOS, I’m just not sure.

As long as we get what we want out of our heeling?

Got them. Lovely shoes. Only problem is they just don’t fit. My ankle is just way too wide. Gonna look at sending them back. New note, shop in person. I think the search will go on in person now and not online.

18 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

Fortunately, 1 5/8" heels and higher in cowboy boots are are still pretty ubiquitous around here.  Which is why I go way higher, 3.5" for daily wear.  

I've walked around in heels in a lot of crowded places and have yet to raise enough confusion to be noticeable, which is the way it should be:  

EB0A9D2E-59C9-4E2A-B98D-D07BDE88CFFE.thumb.jpeg.983ecf437d3211c852d201c195c4226d.jpeg72877272-8E87-439C-9C19-4A74092772FF.thumb.jpeg.6c1314f5ff4f30e190e104db410589db.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

Got them. Lovely shoes. Only problem is they just don’t fit. My ankle is just way too wide. Gonna look at sending them back. New note, shop in person. I think the search will go on in person now and not online.

Yeah, shoes not fitting properly, or not at all will happen a lot when ordering online. Sadly right now buying shoes online is the only way to buy shoes, thanks to the lockdowns.

I do almost all of my shoe shopping online, and I've actually had pretty good luck over the years. I would say my success rate exceeds 80%, but that's just a feeling, I have no statistical evidence to back that up. It's not that I can't shop in person, I just don't want to. Most of the shoes that I want to buy are simply not available in stores, especially in modern times. I tend to buy styles that were popular 8-10 years ago. However, I completely understand the disappointment of receiving something that just doesn't fit, and will never fit.

• Like 1