What Draws You To Heels

hhlvr72

17 hours ago, tallguyinheels said:

Back to the topic.  For me it is the proportions. I’m tall @6’5” (195cm). With 33-34 inseam “short” legs with a long torso. Heels put me back into proportion.  I have tall arches and heels (mid 1970’s platforms in high school) 

Stilettos started as as an experiment.  I love the looks of a woman in heels, but complain about the pain they are.  I thought I’d give it a shot.  And it was easy. 4” then 5”  piece of cake.  Big trouble is finding size 15.  And summer when shorts are worn and shoes are exposed. 

I have that experience too. 4" to 5.5" is no big thing to me. If anything 4" is too low for me. Far too comfy. I'm a size US 12 to 13 so I reckon its easier for bigger feet to take higher heel heights. Which gives me renewed respect for small women in very high single soled heels.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chorlini said:

I have that experience too. 4" to 5.5" is no big thing to me. If anything 4" is too low for me. Far too comfy. I'm a size US 12 to 13 so I reckon its easier for bigger feet to take higher heel heights. Which gives me renewed respect for small women in very high single soled heels.

No "S--t" higher heels are easier with larger feet. I'm a woman's 10 and 5 inch is my norm. For you that works out to about 5.5 inch. It's not a linear relationship. A woman with size 8.5 ( about average) a 4.5 inch heel is like a 5 inch for me at size 10 women's. 

13 hours ago, Chorlini said:

Back when Jeff B was around, I used to give him a little bit of a hard time about his 4 inch heels, because in his size, they appeared to be almost kitten heels in pictures. My shoe buddy, by comparison, wears a size 36, and for her a 4 inch heel is substantial. The side by side comparison is almost comical in its difference. For me, being right about in the middle of these two ranges, 4 inch heels are high enough that I definitely know I'm wearing heels, but low enough to wear all day in the real world without any ill effects.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Isolathor said:

This is size38 compared to size 41:

790394825_P1040131b_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.257729cd913eda16d90b6f5f86dc252f.JPG

886877868_P1040135abjpg_Bildgrendern.thumb.jpg.92cc9d8263e7076f093e2c9e893e0e34.jpg

1849905599_P1040126a_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.1427895dc0f0c63e2b2ce29e25a33fae.JPG

You know, other then some bigger calves I can hardly notice the difference between the two. Of course EU41 is still fairly within the normal range for most women. 42 is where it starts going into rarer territory.

On 8/28/2021 at 9:54 AM, Chorlini said:

790394825_P1040131b_Bildgrendern.thumb.JPG.257729cd913eda16d90b6f5f86dc252f.JPG

On 8/28/2021 at 9:54 AM, Chorlini said:

You know, other then some bigger calves I can hardly notice the difference between the two. Of course EU41 is still fairly within the normal range for most women. 42 is where it starts going into rarer territory.

Viewing this photo the different heel heights are quite evident to me.

Edited by Histiletto
  • Like 2

The better shoe/boot makers scale up (or down) their heel heights with the size of the shoe or boot to keep the proportions the same throughout the range. While the shoe or boot might be marketed as having a four inch heel, that four-inch heel would be for the “standard” size, say, size 38. Someone wearing a larger size of that model would therefore have a proportionately higher heel. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, CAT said:

Who is in the picture ???

On the right side is my wife, the left is a friend, we (her husband and i) have done lots of shootings with these 2 girls together. This lady has many, many more pairs of heels than my wife.

• Like 1

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

8 hours ago, Shyheels said:

The better shoe/boot makers scale up (or down) their heel heights with the size of the shoe or boot to keep the proportions the same throughout the range. While the shoe or boot might be marketed as having a four inch heel, that four-inch heel would be for the “standard” size, say, size 38. Someone wearing a larger size of that model would therefore have a proportionately higher heel. 

I can remember when high heeled footwear was sold only by the heel height and not by the proportional shaping for the whole brand line. Then this brand would advertise or display the line of footwear using the smaller sizes, which appealed to potential buyers. However, when the product in the larger size was presented, the footwear looked completely different as the slope of the insole was more horizontal loosing the proportional attraction that essentially sold the heels. For sure I wasn't the only customer to voice and write my disappointed opinion about the difference looks in sizing, because in a couple of years, most heels were sold by the proportionally sized appearance rather than heel heights. In fact high heels should probably be sold by the sloping angle of the insole, instead of heel heights that proportionately vary with each size. This way the wearer would be more informed as to the angle in high heels their feet are able to comfortably wear. The same information in lower heels would be nice to know and for comparing, but not as critical. 

Edited by Histiletto
  • Like 2

Y’all are right. Though some shoes heel height grows as size increases. 
i am comfortable in 5”heels or less. I did recently purchase the Domina 6 inch leather Oxford. In my size the back of the heel is 6.5”. Because there is no platform my foot is very vertical and I have to shorten my stride to walk in these. It will take a little more work to walk.  Note that I’m only about 4”taller in these because of trigonometry. As your foot rotates upward it also rotates forward and more so, as the heel height increases. 
I’ll keep you all apprised of my progress. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, SF said:

What draws me to heels??  I like high heels, they look nice, much nicer than boring guys shoes....  

Isn't that the truth!!!, I would have used that line on my last flight if anyone would have asked!!!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...