What Draws You To Heels

hhlvr72

What draws me to like high heels?  Honestly I do not know, it is simply the way I am "wired."  What make a person like a certain things?  I like certain colors, foods and sights.  I think a particular way.  I like gals shoes, sandals and high heels.  Why?  Dunno, but have alway been that way since I can remember.  It's me, and I like it.  Will my fondness for the things I like, such as heels and sandals ever go away? Probably not, and that's fine with me.  Have fun and enjoy your heels, I do.  

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Yes, it's a bit like asking why soeone likes the colour blue, or prefers Coke to Pepsi, or likes to wear hats, or enjoys a particular TV show, or style of music, or any of the hundreds of other choices and predilections that make each of us unique.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Shyheels , you are spot on . Kinda like asking a skunk why its a skunk . For me I think it all started with my sisters heels back in the 70's and being able to walk in them ...... after some of her fine coaching . It may have been because it was taboo or the risk of being caught or the fun of it . Then maybe I just never lost interest in them . To this day heels have been a path I have always traveled and adored . The new styles , anything relating to heels even Christmas tree ornaments of heels . I just love them all . 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 2:16 PM, pebblesf said:

Wish I had nicer legs, would love to wear great leggings, athletic compression gear, etc.

If you can, work out and do lots of squats and lunges. Hipthrusts do wonders too.

On 7/5/2021 at 5:01 PM, maninpumps said:

Shyheels , you are spot on . Kinda like asking a skunk why its a skunk . For me I think it all started with my sisters heels back in the 70's and being able to walk in them ...... after some of her fine coaching . It may have been because it was taboo or the risk of being caught or the fun of it . Then maybe I just never lost interest in them . To this day heels have been a path I have always traveled and adored . The new styles , anything relating to heels even Christmas tree ornaments of heels . I just love them all . 

But we're not skunks. Skunks have no agency or self awareness. We do. Which is why it is fun to self examine one's behavior and read about others.

On 7/25/2021 at 12:39 PM, Chorlini said:

But we're not skunks. Skunks have no agency or self awareness. We do. Which is why it is fun to self examine one's behavior and read about others.

The first part may be true, but it doesn't really get you any closer to answering the question of "why." The second part is definitely true, which is "why" I continue to check in on this thread from time to time.

On 7/31/2021 at 11:54 AM, mlroseplant said:

The first part may be true, but it doesn't really get you any closer to answering the question of "why." The second part is definitely true, which is "why" I continue to check in on this thread from time to time.

Maybe I should have phrased it differently. Skunks are skunks and behave like that because they are skunks. They have no self awareness, no agency, only instinctual behavior. Humans are not born wearing high heels. It's learned behavior. It's humans not being humans. Which then makes it more interesting why we do what we do.

On 8/2/2021 at 7:13 AM, Chorlini said:

It's learned behavior. It's humans not being humans. Which then makes it more interesting why we do what we do.

Yes, wearing high heels and the other items of apparel we prefer are the very essence of being human in presenting the person we each are, while contradicting the dictations society promotes to treat us like robots by its stereotyped classifications, rules, standards, and preferences.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 8:13 AM, Chorlini said:

Humans are not born wearing high heels. It's learned behavior. It's humans not being humans. Which then makes it more interesting why we do what we do.

8 hours ago, Histiletto said:

Yes, wearing high heels and the other items of apparel we prefer are the very essence of being human in presenting the person we each are,

Hmmmm. We seem to have a contradiction. How to resolve it? On the one hand, we are doing something which is unnatural, so therefore against our human nature. On the other hand, the fact that we wear shoes at all is probably unnatural. Therefore, is it human to do unnatural things, some of them practical, some of them not?

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Hmmmm. We seem to have a contradiction. How to resolve it? On the one hand, we are doing something which is unnatural, so therefore against our human nature. On the other hand, the fact that we wear shoes at all is probably unnatural. Therefore, is it human to do unnatural things, some of them practical, some of them not?

And that makes it so interesting why we do it. It is not our human nature. But we are unique in nature to have this large brain and some self awareness that allows us make decisions that go against our nature. And we have this thing where we imprint on things or people that create these fetishes. When we take all of that into account we are infinitely more interesting then just our human nature.

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

This explains all those videos of people launching Bottle Rockets from their behinds.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cali said:

This explains all those videos of people launching Bottle Rockets from their behinds.

There’s more than one? The only reason I know about the one is because I have a fairly humorous continuing education instructor (you get to know these people after 25 years in the trade) who has presented said video as an example of risk assessment, or lack thereof. As an industrial electrician, I take risk assessment very seriously. 

6 hours ago, Cali said:

Or putting flares in there at a Euro 2020 final when their Country reaches said final.

Humans do some weird stuff, from inserting things into places they shouldn’t go (Jackass Toy Car stunt) to wearing things on our feet. Running towards danger. Running away at times when we are needed.

I suppose that’s why some of us go to the gym or go for a run/walk/swim to punish ourselves, other than fitness, others go to a head doctor, some sleep with others for payment or some folk want humiliation in a dungeon or have a mummy need. Some need plastic surgery or some need to be instantly gratification watching hollow reality TV.

We all have something wrong with us, none of us are perfect. This is something that should be celebrated and not put in a bottle in the back of your head, locked away.

We are all individuals. Some of us need to wear heels, some just want to and have fun doing so. I suppose that’s my reason, because I can. And it helps with back pain is a bonus.

• Like 1

There's another recent thread about Ridiculousness , a show that has created a franchise out of these videos

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

There’s more than one? The only reason I know about the one is because I have a fairly humorous continuing education instructor (you get to know these people after 25 years in the trade) who has presented said video as an example of risk assessment, or lack thereof. As an industrial electrician, I take risk assessment very seriously. 

• Like 1

There is nothing unnatural about humans wearing things on their feet. It’s been going on a long time and is the natural result of our species populating the entire globe, from the tropics to the arctic. Ötzi, the frozen Neolithic man discovered in the Austrian/Italian alps was wearing leather shoes/boots. That’s over 5000 years ago.

Heels were originally functional - used by Persian cavalrymen to fix their feet in the stirrups so they could shoot with more accuracy and stability while riding. Later they became ornamental, part of a cool macho look for men in the 17th century. And then women adopted the look and men scurried away lest they appear feminine. It’s all a study of human nature and adaptability.

Nothing odd about it at all, nothing at all like the idiocy you are describing in these moronic videos.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

This entire mater of humans wearing shoes will require the intense study by sociology and philosophy professors, take decades to work out,   and produce results that are unintelligible to ordinary mortals.  

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

It’s not rocket science - humans wear coverings for their feet for protection and warmth, and have done for millennia.

Missing the point Melrose was making. Only man has adopted its non natural attire. We have brains, but evolution has us roaming northern Africa and the middle east. Brains brought us to everywhere else, why, footware first.

It does seem strange that no other animal except for us has developed footwear anywhere in the world from the poles to the equator, but upon further thought, I guess you don't see all that many polar bears or penguins in Zimbabwe.

19 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

It does seem strange that no other animal except for us has developed footwear anywhere in the world from the poles to the equator, but upon further thought, I guess you don't see all that many polar bears or penguins in Zimbabwe.

You notice that when the shoes fall off zombies, they don't seem to care?

Brains, they are for more than food.

58 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

Most species just adapt thicker soles, or furrier feet. We on the other hand go 'Too long, I'll invent some shoes instead.' And then we go all fetishy over it.

Which makes me wonder though, what kind of fetishes have disappeared because the items being fetishized no longer exist? Roman toga fetish? Germanic barbarian cod piece fetish? People in the past were just as weird and pervy as we are. I know that Roman women had a thing for the oil that gladiators used to clean themselves.

On 8/11/2021 at 2:45 PM, Shyheels said:

As far as I know, rats and humans are the only mammals to colonise virtually every place on earth. We’re not as tough as rats and we have a hensile thumbs and so we made shoes and boots to cover our feet

Aren't we usually the stupid ones who brought those rats along?

WOW! These last several comments strayed into oblivion, loosing the focus of what draws us to heels.

I have to say the classic pointed toe patent leather stiletto pumps fulfils and satisfies my taste to accent my appearance with a few simple lines of stylized beauty and mobilized pedestals that completely verify my confidence and adds to the graceful movements of my high heel profile!

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 1:05 AM, Histiletto said:

WOW! These last several comments strayed into oblivion, losing the focus of what draws us to heels.

Eh, that's all right. Sometimes the best route to an endpoint is a circuitous one. Especially since it's doubtful we will ever reach an endpoint with this particular subject.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the topic.  For me it is the proportions. I’m tall @6’5” (195cm). With 33-34 inseam “short” legs with a long torso. Heels put me back into proportion.  I have tall arches and heels (mid 1970’s platforms in high school) 

Stilettos started as as an experiment.  I love the looks of a woman in heels, but complain about the pain they are.  I thought I’d give it a shot.  And it was easy. 4” then 5”  piece of cake.  Big trouble is finding size 15.  And summer when shorts are worn and shoes are exposed. 

• Like 1

Tall guy, I am “tall” as well, 6-3 with a 35 in inseam (long legs).  Been wearing heels since 1996, I keep the heel height to 3 in max, I just enjoy wearing heels (size 11 or 12) and don’t want to look to gigantic.  

I am in Vegas right now with the wife, been in heels the entire trip.  Fun...

Take care....   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

SF : I love Las Vegas . I will be attending the Diva Las Vegas Vacation  October 26 ( This Year ) 2021 . Have you ever attended this event ? Would like to see HHPlace members there . If any of you plan on attending this vacation fun time, Please give me some noticepost-26480-133522951848_thumb.jpg . Mike

• Like 1