Onlymaker heels

hhlvr72

Hello,

I would think the answer to this question is on this board but I have not found a direct answer so far.  I have never ordered from Onlymaker before and want to see if I should order a 14 or a 15.  I wear a mens US12 and can wear most Torrid brands sandals that are 12W  I normally get Pleaser sandals in 14 and closed toe in 15.  Thanks in advance for any tips

I wear a man's EU41/UK8 which I think is a US10. I can easily fit into a size US12 from Onlymaker. They seem to run very true to size.

Their basic models of pumps are fairly cheap, buy one to find out. Also in general I've found that sandals you can usually wear up to 2 sizes smaller at times then pumps or boots for some strange reason.

19 hours ago, Chorlini said:

I wear a man's EU41/UK8 which I think is a US10. I can easily fit into a size US12 from Onlymaker. They seem to run very true to size.

Their basic models of pumps are fairly cheap, buy one to find out. Also in general I've found that sandals you can usually wear up to 2 sizes smaller at times then pumps or boots for some strange reason.

Yes, that is my experience as well. Not necessarily two sizes smaller, but certainly 1/2 size to a full size smaller for sandals, or even closed toed but backless shoes (mostly clogs in my case). Which I suppose is not a huge surprise, since I like my sandals to fit rather exactly. I don't like a lot of real estate in front of my toes, or behind my heels. With a closed toed, closed back shoe, this fit would simply be way too tight. Typically, I wear a U.S. Women's size 9 (or UK size 7) in closed shoes, but 8 1/2 in sandals, possibly even 8, depending. Whenever I have gotten size 9 in sandals in the past, the result has been invariably unsatisfactory. Perhaps for larger sized feet, one must give a little bit more of a "discount" for sandals.

36 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

Yes, that is my experience as well. Not necessarily two sizes smaller, but certainly 1/2 size to a full size smaller for sandals, or even closed toed but backless shoes (mostly clogs in my case). Which I suppose is not a huge surprise, since I like my sandals to fit rather exactly. I don't like a lot of real estate in front of my toes, or behind my heels. With a closed toed, closed back shoe, this fit would simply be way too tight. Typically, I wear a U.S. Women's size 9 (or UK size 7) in closed shoes, but 8 1/2 in sandals, possibly even 8, depending. Whenever I have gotten size 9 in sandals in the past, the result has been invariably unsatisfactory. Perhaps for larger sized feet, one must give a little bit more of a "discount" for sandals.

Like you I got sandals in the same size as my pumps, only to have way too much real estate in front or at the back. So I tried something smaller and gosh darned, it fitted. I could never hope to fit into size EU41 or EU42 pumps, but I can fit into some EU41 sandals. Even one EU40 that has laces going down all the way to the toes. A discovery that vastly increased my range of available footwear. 😃

I love wearing my wedge sandals in season.  While I usually wear a women’s size 10.5. In pumps and boots, I find that I can getaway with wearing a size 9 sandals, especially if they have adjustable heel straps.  

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.