Nostalgia from 1960

Puffer

16 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

As of this date, I have not heard of victims of this type of “discrimination” shouting loudly for reparations, so perhaps your analysis is just in time for victims to stir the pot and surface the problem in time to reap millions in payback payments?  You should definitely demand at least 10%  for bringing such an outrageous type of discrimination to the public’s attention? ;-)

Heh, heh, heh. You are quite predictable, my friend. As am I, as am I.

Unless one is attending an arts or fashion college, I think the sorts of academic departments where one might do a PhD on a subject such as wearing stilettos are going to have a certain inbuilt political narrative that would have to be adhered to.

8 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Unless one is attending an arts or fashion college, I think the sorts of academic departments where one might do a PhD on a subject such as wearing stilettos are going to have a certain inbuilt political narrative that would have to be adhered to.

That certainly is popular perception. Reality is perhaps a little bit different. Certainly, the current trend of universities eliminating so many tenured positions has not helped. I do not believe this trend is necessarily politically motivated, I believe it's cost motivated, but it has had an unintended political effect. My comments cannot really apply to higher education outside the U.S., as my experience is limited in that respect.

I can't speak directly to the American university situation, but from what I have read of it, and what I have observed  over here, I cannot imagine a sociology/women's studies/gender studies etc department that would not be strongly influenced by the prevailing feminist political climate especially as regards a loaded topic such as the wearing of stiletto heels. Cancel culture and Twitter "outrage" would put an end to things pretty quickly if they did not.

Edited by Shyheels

23 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I can't speak directly to the American university situation, but from what I have read of it, and what I have observed  over here, I cannot imagine a sociology/women's studies/gender studies etc department that would not be strongly influenced by the prevailing feminist political climate especially as regards a loaded topic such as the wearing of stiletto heels. Cancel culture and Twitter "outrage" would put an end to things pretty quickly if they did not.

I was really thinking more of general studies when I made that comment. In my experience, both ends of the political spectrum are generally well represented at American colleges and universities, even so-called "liberal" ones.

On 1/6/2021 at 6:45 AM, mlroseplant said:

I was really thinking more of general studies when I made that comment. In my experience, both ends of the political spectrum are generally well represented at American colleges and universities, even so-called "liberal" ones.

While I think in the middle of our country that might be true, I believe the institutions on the coasts have leaned considerably farther to the left these days.  

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Certain stiletto pumps of the 50's and 60's are the classic styles that I have in a sense fallen in love with. The stilettos of the 80's and 90's encouraged the possibility the fashion cycle would help bring back my favorite heels at the higher heights, but alas that didn't happen. I even tried to have some custom-made, but it seemed the artistry and craftmanship had been lost. So I have settled for the heels that came closest to the styling I really wanted. Fashion cycles do happen. They just don't usual bring back the styles that were the reasons the previous cycles got to be so popular, at least for the combination of the high spike/stiletto heels like these: stiletto_heel_pointed_toe_black_patent_leather_pumps.thumb.jpg.168aed07a8fe69c6e46eed3d68d41aaa.jpg272366726_042921fa737d07773f9d638a9520fa3db(6).thumb.jpg.a38e93c55b77239f50ef1ebc8f70c0ab.jpg 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Histiletto :  You just mentioned that have tried getting custom made heels. Who and where have you contacted ? We may know different sources . Mike

Most of the custom heel craftsmen that I have dealt with, are no longer available - mostly because they now apply their craft within Heaven's domain. Peter Chu of 6 Inch High Heels Forever out of China,(orientvisual.com), has been a source. When Gina (Queen Of Heels) was an active HHP member, she partnered with Elite-Heels (Gerhard Luther) and I purchased a few of their high heels. There have been others, but I have forgotten their identity and contact info. Furthermore, I don't even know if their businesses exist any more. 

Pierre 1961, Is Ernest Chausseur still active in France?

Edited by Histiletto

Histiletto : I was in Spain a few years ago and had these boots custom made . Estresmodes - Extreme High Heels . It is a small shop owned and managed by Pablo & Esther . There prices are reasonable and quality is second to none . These are the boots they made for me .

Just now, spikesmike said:

Histiletto : I was in Spain a few years ago and had these boots custom made . Estresmodes - Extreme High Heels . It is a small shop owned and managed by Pablo & Esther . There prices are reasonable and quality is second to none . These are the boots they made for me .

DSCF5178.thumb.JPG.9923d00eaeb1c3a2c34a92eb117bc34e.JPG

• Like 1