Are round glasses coming back into style?

mlroseplant

I wore round glasses frames for years, and years after they were out of style. I finally switched to rectangular shaped glasses about 10 years ago, and I'm still wearing a rimless rectangular frame to this day. Several years ago, the huge plastic "Buddy Holly" type glasses came into style, and although they look good on many people, my small face and fairer color seemed overwhelmed by this style, so I never made the switch, and this was at the suggestion of young, fashionable gals, that I stay with my rimless, nearly invisible frames.

It is long past time for me to visit the optometrist. Should I go back to round, gold frames, like I used to wear? I only wish I could go back to glass lenses. Plastic sucks!

• Like 1

A lot of the classic styles have come back in the last 10 years, so I would say go for it!  Like you mentioned plastics came back, browlines are back, tortoise is back, and even cat eyes and aviator styles are back.

All that said, I must admit that for most of this year my more interesting glasses, much like my heels, have sat unworn as I went back to wearing my rectangular semi rimless frames... mostly because they work best under my helmet...

Edited by p1ng74

Funny, only yesterday I was in town and noticed several people wearing round glasses. Perhaps they’re coming back. So go for it.

If you’re willing to break from the herd by wearing heels, round glasses should be a doddle!

• Like 1

I just got a pair of blue light glasses last week. They are antiques. Rimless, gold wire, mother of pearl nose guards.  They were returned so I got them for a really good price., < 50%.

But they work, and that's what's important.

• 1 year later...

I finally did make it to the optometrist last week, for the first time in 4 years. Surprisingly, my prescription changed only slightly during that time. Therefore, I will soldier on with my current specs. It IS time to get new safety glasses, though. Those things are holding together with a little spit and bailing wire.