Your Favorite Brands

Breeheels

On 12/21/2020 at 5:13 PM, mlroseplant said:

But yeah, I get it. Some of these Chinese no-name shoes are not only wildly inaccurate in sizing numbers, they're often shaped and proportioned really strangely. Like, NOBODY has toes that long or that short. I have only had one 100% positive experience with a "no-name" pair of shoes, but I've definitely had some very negative ones.

I have tried to buy a couple pairs of shoes from one of the popular Chines manufacturers. They simply do not fit my feet! Are Chinese women's feet that different from women in he USA? I can but from any of the popular US manufacturers and the fit me just fine so I know it is not me.

23 hours ago, Pumped said:

I have tried to buy a couple pairs of shoes from one of the popular Chines manufacturers. They simply do not fit my feet! Are Chinese women's feet that different from women in he USA? I can but from any of the popular US manufacturers and the fit me just fine so I know it is not me.

They don't fit anybody! I don't really understand how some of these designs came to be. I cannot claim to be an expert on Chinese feet, but I have seen a lot of Southeast Asian feet, as you can imagine,  and they're not significantly different from anyone else's feet. We are the same species, after all.

I pretty much stopped buying Chinese heels from Aliexpress because of this. They also never quite look like the pictures anyway. If only because they have models with tiny tiny feet so the big sizes never look as good in comparison with the tiny tiny small sizes.

1 hour ago, Chorlini said:

I pretty much stopped buying Chinese heels from Aliexpress because of this. They also never quite look like the pictures anyway. If only because they have models with tiny tiny feet so the big sizes never look as good in comparison with the tiny tiny small sizes.

I bought some winter hats from Aliexpress under the same influence. I am not dissatisfied with my purchase(s) and continue wearing the hats regularly, but they don't look like the pictures when I'm wearing them. They were much cuter on the models. 🤣🤣🤣

I agree that most of these chineses brands are to be avoided. Has anyone here ever purchased a Sobern pair of shoes? They are much more expensive than what Aliexpress proposes . Does if means they are different and sizing reliable?

Hey, chill out about Chinese manufactured goods.  The way that things are going, it won’t be long before everything manufactured on the planet will be “ made in China.” ;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

7 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

...Has anyone here ever purchased a Sobern pair of shoes? They are much more expensive than what Aliexpress proposes . Does if means they are different and sizing reliable?

Hello Pierre
how are you?

I just jumped into aliexpress to count my amount of sorbern-Heels I have ever ordered.
I have seventeen (17) heels from Sorbern so far
and all of them are VERY GOOD quality.
Most of the heels of these 17 are over 16cm high and the heel is very stable and the quality is extremely good. None of these 17 pair of heels have ever had any issue till today.
When it comes to the size I ordered some in 43 and some in 44 and my real size is EU43.
When ever I ordered a heel from them they ALLWAYS asked me over the chat-function of the App for my foot length to verify my choosen size.
And if I was unsure we chatted about it and there was allways a solution.
The heels are all made to order so it takes around 5-7 businessdays for them to produce and then some days shipping (depends on corona).
Sometimes I asked for customization eg. color or heel height and they allways fullfilled my wishes.
I am a very satisfied sorbern-customer and I can fully recommend that shop (they didin't pay me anything to write this text).

Here are some pictures of my sorbern heels and yes I can walk in all of them.

Giraffe2_small.thumb.jpg.13b8ed8874cda6fa8e7f48894ebcf674.jpg

graue_SuperHeels_small.thumb.jpg.d15ffdbc70c43ebfb47a66d3e13990e6.jpg

HH-FF-25-CorkSandal_small.thumb.jpg.248886c687636bf2c444edbebb2d984a.jpg

HH-FF-23-Golden_small.thumb.jpg.03d2e0dd6ae6501be5aeb0626b095fd9.jpg

HH-FF-26-redPumps_small.thumb.jpg.5ad0cfe8881b2df397edcdf45e4f6945.jpg

• Like 4

Hello @chrigi-ch

I hope you are doing good 

thank you for you quick and detailed answer. 

Sobern seems serious.I am more reluctant about Aliexpress  

But it I will definitely worth a try .Long time I have been tempted by some sobern shoes. I am not sure I would be able to manage such height as you do. For the same shoe size as you ,15 cm single sole is my maximum. And on good surfaces 16 at home sometimes. 14 is my everyday/ everywhere normal height. Always single sole. 

I may at first start with the Oxford and maybe a pair of a 2 cm platform/ 18 cm heel booties. 

Thanks again 

Pierre 

• 1 month later...

My favourite brand is still Pleaser, especially their Domina range :-) But when it comes to extreme heels I foubd some great ones from Wonderheels, especially padlock ballet boits which I want to try one day :-D

• Like 1

To buy new or on sale in a store, I’ve been really happy with Cole Haan. My most comfortable heels ‘used’ with a 85% markdown has been Jimmy Choo. If you can find a pair for under $100, they are worth it, even though that is still a lot. Their 85-100mm heels have been my go-to for a while, as they don’t seem to come apart like many others I’ve tried. 

• Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 1 year later...

I find over here in UK, 'Office' and 'KG' , for me, offer great comfort and a quality build. Usually priced from about 40£ upwards, ive bagged a number of pairs on sale, or through ebay. I would definitely say better brands do proved better quality and comfort. 

• 2 weeks later...

My favorites come from Italianheels.com. They make the most amazing 15cm single sole pumps. And unlike some other imports, their heels are very well made from real leather. Sadly they are not inexpensive so my collection grows slowly.

9 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Italian heels is a very good brand. One complain : no new models or just one from time to time. And the price isn’t higher than some Chinese crap! 

Considering he is from Canada it probably IS very expensive for him. With shipping and getting robbed by Canadian customs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, vinheel said:

Hey everybody, highheels lovers,

I just want to show you an online shop, prepare your eyes and your heart:

https://www.sharlenecalzature.it/fr/

Unless you have very small feet, EU41 or smaller, nothing of interest there. Another store which has yet to discover that people exist with larger feet then just EU41.

2 hours ago, Chorlini said:

Unless you have very small feet, EU41 or smaller, nothing of interest there. Another store which has yet to discover that people exist with larger feet then just EU41.

Well, I imagine that 95% of shoe sales are size 41'ish and lower. It does suck to be a person with larger flippers. I am a nice size ten, or 40-41 depending on the manufacturer.

21 hours ago, Pumped said:

Well, I imagine that 95% of shoe sales are size 41'ish and lower. It does suck to be a person with larger flippers. I am a nice size ten, or 40-41 depending on the manufacturer.

Rather shortsighted I would say, because women are getting bigger, and so are their feet. It might be 95% today, could by 90% tomorrow. That's 10% of the market you're flipping the finger too. And worse, that's going to be young women. The ones you want to get out of their comfy sneakers into your heels, as whoever gets the youth has the future

13 hours ago, vinheel said:

This is a weird sizing system.

taglieOK1-3.png

Suddenly even Aliexpress's sizing system makes sense. And that's next to impossible to figure out as every seller has its own system.

14 hours ago, Chorlini said:

taglieOK1-3.png

Suddenly even Aliexpress's sizing system makes sense. And that's next to impossible to figure out as every seller has its own system.

I agree, something seems quite off. I'm usually a size 40 in closed shoes, and my foot is <25 cm long.

On 4/27/2022 at 3:56 PM, Chorlini said:

Rather shortsighted I would say, because women are getting bigger, and so are their feet. It might be 95% today, could by 90% tomorrow. That's 10% of the market you're flipping the finger too. And worse, that's going to be young women. The ones you want to get out of their comfy sneakers into your heels, as whoever gets the youth has the future

taglieOK1-3.png

Alliexpress doesn't have a fit all sizing system. They are not a shoe maker but are really a arabian site that sellers, mostly Chinese, manufacturers and resallers use to sell attire including shoes. The size charts I've seen can vary depending on the actual seller. My Hey Si Mey's are 42, fit me like a 10.5 nine west. My wetkiss are 41. Also fit me like 10.5 nine west.

36 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Alliexpress doesn't have a fit all sizing system. They are not a shoe maker but are really a arabian site that sellers, mostly Chinese, manufacturers and resallers use to sell attire including shoes. The size charts I've seen can vary depending on the actual seller. My Hey Si Mey's are 42, fit me like a 10.5 nine west. My wetkiss are 41. Also fit me like 10.5 nine west.

And I am especially fond of your Hey Si Mey pumps. I have not purchased them yet but after seeing the one pic of yours I think I will. I love that slightly elevated heel height.

10 hours ago, StilettoLuv said:

And I am especially fond of your Hey Si Mey pumps. I have not purchased them yet but after seeing the one pic of yours I think I will. I love that slightly elevated heel height.

They are the best fitting, most comfortable 5 inch pumps I've ever owned. Unfortunately they only have limited colors. Red, black and animal print in the classic pumps and their Mary Jane's only red and black.  I'm on the 4th or 5th heel tap on all and have worn the toe tips almost through. So elegent,so I have a 2nd pair in each color ready to go. Wear these multiple times per week and everywhere. Tons of compliments too.

U.S. 10.5, buy 42. Nice thing about euro sizing is each number is a half size, so 44 is 11.5 etc.

As mentioned above Hey Si Mey are my current go to pumps. The white boxes show those I wear most frequently, they alone account for 33% of my total wear. The central box are those I either already have back-up pairs or they are on their way. All of these have had at minimum 3 set of heel taps with the two Mary Jane's and the leopard pair at least 5 replacements. Comfort is the name of the game and except for the high back double strapped pumps and the 6 inch basic pumps all are very comfortable. The extra high pumps are fine, I just don't walk well in them.

a1.JPG

a2.JPG

a3.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1