That time I wore ballets to work

Selina

Many of us read it in the Women's forum, but we have been burned by posting over there. You were brave to go to work that way. A long day in ballets does not sound like fun.  (I noticed you only did it once.)

Is a corset a normal part of your attire or added  only for that day?

For me its like wearing my Victoria's Secret stilettos all day.  They are fine for 3-4 hours, but at hour 10 they aren't so much fun.

Wow, that is quite a story.  Personally, I don't understand why one would put themselves through something like that.  You obviously have a higher tolerance for pain than most!  It was cool to thumb your nose at your boss, however!

19 hours ago, Cali said:

Many of us read it in the Women's forum, but we have been burned by posting over there. You were brave to go to work that way. A long day in ballets does not sound like fun.  (I noticed you only did it once.)

Is a corset a normal part of your attire or added  only for that day?

For me its like wearing my Victoria's Secret stilettos all day.  They are fine for 3-4 hours, but at hour 10 they aren't so much fun.

Yes, I have worn corsets for the last 10 years (since I was 17).

Selina : Thank you for letting us live vicariously through your adventure in ballet high heels. I have two (2) pair of ballets. I can stand in them but I can not walk in them . As for no one commenting in the women's section, Cali nailed it. Also, Fewer women ( of late ) since Panteras death we hear very little to nothing from the farer sex. Thank you for your story. Please send more.   spikesmikeDSCF5265.thumb.JPG.c581ec865903f01cfe6bfc5341389c57.JPG

• Like 2

I don't want to be the party pooper, so sorry Selina, no offense intended, but her story does kinda feel like something that gets posted at BDSM fanfic sites. I've read that kind of story so often it makes me go is this for real?

• Like 3

On 12/4/2020 at 5:53 PM, Chorlini said:

I don't want to be the party pooper, so sorry Selina, no offense intended, but her story does kinda feel like something that gets posted at BDSM fanfic sites. I've read that kind of story so often it makes me go is this for real?

Well, you are the one reading those :)

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

I am locked in ballet and corset most days for work by my husband.  If you do it enough you will get used to it.  I spend a lot of time over a drafting table and my computer is drafting table height.  So a lot of time I stand.  I normally wear a long skirt or long jeans so the ballet boot and the locks are not noticeable.

• Like 5

On 3/27/2021 at 9:04 AM, Shyheels said:

You can actually spend a day working in ballet boots?

Well I don’t have much of a choice since my husband locked them on my feet, but yes.  You get used to it after a while and if you get a high quality pair that are not as bad as you would think when you get used to them.  As I said, I normally wear long jeans or a long skirt so they are not as noticeable 

43 minutes ago, KatieS said:

Well I don’t have much of a choice since my husband locked them on my feet, but yes.  You get used to it after a while and if you get a high quality pair that are not as bad as you would think when you get used to them.  As I said, I normally wear long jeans or a long skirt so they are not as noticeable 

I’m impressed! I cycle a lot and have fit legs but find that wearing five inch stiletto knee boots for an hour to be just about the best calf muscle workout I’ve ever had!

1 minute ago, Shyheels said:

I’m impressed! I cycle a lot and have fit legs but find that wearing five inch stiletto knee boots for an hour to be just about the best calf muscle workout I’ve ever had!

For me the toes are the worst part.  Caves are very firm 

37 minutes ago, KatieS said:

For me the toes are the worst part.  Caves are very firm 

I could feel it in my calves all the next day. And I cycle thousands of miles a year. I’m going to start incorporating heels into my workout - best hill training I’ve come across! You must have calves like a Sherpa. How long did it take to be able to spend a day in such steep heels?

Edited by Shyheels

9 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I could feel it in my calves all the next day. And I cycle thousands of miles a year. I’m going to start incorporating heels into my workout - best hill training I’ve come across! You must have calves like a Sherpa. 

More like dancer calves

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Pre-pandemic I would wear my Jessica Simpson knee high stilettos for 14 hours straight.  It's a function of how many thousand of miles you have logged in high heels.

32 minutes ago, Cali said:

Pre-pandemic I would wear my Jessica Simpson knee high stilettos for 14 hours straight.  It's a function of how many thousand of miles you have logged in high heels.

You reckon you’ve logged thousands of miles in heels? :shocked:

Even so, 14 hours is impressive. I seriously would have thought all my cycling would have made calves not an issue. My feet and ankles are strong and flexible enough, but the calf muscles really felt it.

Edited by Shyheels

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I don't wear lockable heels, but when you put your heels on at 7 am, leave for work, and don't get back until 9 or 10 pm, it's about the same as lockable.

Easily.  I wear heels almost all the time, even around the house. I change into my wedges after taking off my ski boots.

Well over 2000 days with at least 1 mile per day (on my feet for 6 + hours walking back and forth).  Some days Its 4-5 miles, so I'm confident its in the 1000's.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I have actually logged about 1,500 miles in heels. As in, purposefully walked and recorded the distance. I don't wear heels to work like Cali, but pretty much everywhere else. I have no idea of the "incidental" distance I may have traveled over the years, but it has to be substantial. I find that the incidental walking largely does not help the endurance much, such as the problems with your calves. I encourage you to actually walk in your 5 inch heels regularly. I just about guarantee your calves will straighten up and fly right pretty quickly, specially with an athletic fellow like you.

12 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I have actually logged about 1,500 miles in heels. As in, purposefully walked and recorded the distance. I don't wear heels to work like Cali, but pretty much everywhere else. I have no idea of the "incidental" distance I may have traveled over the years, but it has to be substantial. I find that the incidental walking largely does not help the endurance much, such as the problems with your calves. I encourage you to actually walk in your 5 inch heels regularly. I just about guarantee your calves will straighten up and fly right pretty quickly, specially with an athletic fellow like you.

I seriously think it would be a good training aid for cycling - like doing hill workouts at home...  Who'd have thunk?