Girls in stillettos

killer heels

On 11/25/2020 at 5:44 AM, Jkrenzer said:

No mules or sandals for you either?

On that particular evening, no. It just so happens that I had just gotten off work, so I was wearing my construction garb, including hi-viz. However, on the subsequent evening (last evening, to be specific), I did in fact visit the grocery store in high sandals, and the weather had not improved. No one bothered to ask if my feet were cold on this particular visit, even though there were no flip flops to be seen anywhere. Perhaps I need to take a photo to see how strange it looks to wear a trench coat with high heeled sandals, or for that matter, any sandals at all. Then we can all assess!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 6:12 AM, mlroseplant said:

I had to take my mom to the grocery store yesterday. There were a surprising number of cowboy boots at the store, and no flip flops! Of course, the weather was so terrible that someone would have to be pretty die hard to wear sandals yesterday.

But most of the cowboy styles are pretty much slightly more than flat.

20 hours ago, Heelster said:

But most of the cowboy styles are pretty much slightly more than flat.

Yup, you are absolutely right. Not too many boots out there like @p1ng74's. However, it is preferable to ratty looking flip flops. Speaking of which, I made an emergency run to the grocery store yesterday (in heels, of course) to pick up some forgotten items for Thanksgiving, which we didn't celebrate normally, for obvious, and also some non-obvious, reasons. At any rate, given the weather, which has improved in mood but not in temperature, I saw two other people besides me wearing sandals, both female, both young, and both wearing those awful rubber sport slides. One of them was wearing them with heavy socks, and the other was wearing them barefoot. Is that an oxymoron? Why do we say that you're wearing shoes "barefoot"?

• Like 2

On 11/21/2020 at 12:10 PM, mlroseplant said:

We'll see what happens, post-pandemic. I do see quite a few block heeled boots around my area in the 2-3" range, and occasionally a bit higher. Since I don't go anywhere as of late, my observations are limited to the grocery store once or twice a week, which was never really a hotbed of heels in the first place, but if I come at the right time of day, it wouldn't be out of the question to see a woman smartly dressed wearing some sort of heel, and every once in a while even stilettos. However, I doubt I'll see much for the rest of the year. I'm wondering if the office type jobs have gone back to "work from home" status. When I drove to work yesterday morning, the roads were eerily empty compared to normal.

Here's what my observation in regards to heels are.

Chunky heels 2" doable for most women.

3", chunky or stiletto's, high heel territory for most women these days.

4" and platforms with stiletto heels, wow, you slut! We're now entering fetish territory here for most women. Bedroom stuff.

5" and up? Unthinkable territory for the vast majority of women.

On 11/21/2020 at 6:25 PM, MackyHeels said:

Anytime female needs to dress up be it a prom dress, wedding, funeral or just date night out, heels will be certainly worn. Since the pandemic all those i stated don't exist or limited to some extent so the heels are left in the closet. While workplace heels are used in office place many are working from home with no need to wear or buy outfits for work. Fashion industry must be taking big hit nobody buying high fashion clothes or heels.

If any clothing or shoes being bought are useful and practical keep warm or stay dry. Sooner or later the floodgates will burst and many will start buying in a frenzy new heels and clothing complimenting the style. Christmas being season many might want to dress up for special occasion in the home.

Only seen one sighting with four five inch stiletto heels at Costco store inside. She immediately was feeling discomfort adjusting her heel while leaning on her man for support. Lot of eyes were looking at her fashion statement. Her man knew they were being watched commenting to her why she decided to wear heels shopping. She responded because i miss wearing them, makes me look better. His reply doesn't look as your feeling comfortable wearing them.  Her response,  i just got to get use to them not wearing them for months.

Goes to show you many woman itching for an excuse to wear heels in public. Many normally wouldn't dare wear it shopping when pushing a shopping cart or struggling picking up 36 bootle case of Kirkland water placing under the cart.  Unless other options are not available taking any opportunity as they can get to wear heels. 

Observing other woman looking at the heel woman they understood missing to get dressed up to go out is weighing on people in the pandemic. 

Sorry, not buying it. That's like saying my granddad smoked 2 packs a day and lived to be a 100. Exceptions to the rules do not make the rule. When I see young women dressed out for a night out in their miniskirts and tights I still see them wearing combat boots, uggs, sneakers and flipflops. Hell, even ballerina's are becoming endangered shoe wear as far as young women are concerned.

On 11/21/2020 at 8:02 PM, MackyHeels said:

Woman love to show off there legs and shape. Outfitting themselves in the beast way they can heels are mandatory.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHs_Mr3A_wa/

Stockings and heels always go together.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH2tXpxL80i/

Designer heels are always going to be in vogue. Maybe there is no place you can wear them out but certainly it is nice look.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH0EN1qpW_Z/

A: Exceptions to the rule do not make a rule. There are still some women who like corsets. And yet tight lacing has been dead and buried since WW1.

B: Instagram is basically full of Insta-thots who are looking for male attention to milk the simps for money. Not saying these ladies are that, but it is happening and sadly because of insta-thots its the first thing that comes to my mind.

On 11/21/2020 at 10:41 PM, RonC said:

This is no longer true.  While not saying none will wear heels, many are opting for flats and crap like jeweled or sequined athletic/casual type styles or similar flat sandals.

I agree. They'll be far more likely to wear flat ankle boots with some bling on them then heels. It's over. High heels are going the way that corsets have gone, the fetish niche.

On 11/23/2020 at 12:41 AM, Bubba136 said:

Some females wear heels because it makes them  look more feminine and m.ore attractive to men.  

Ladies who do that tend to stop doing that once they get what they want. Unless its for male attention and money online. And besides, I do not get the impression that the flat heeled ladies out there are starved for male attention. There are a LOT of men out there that are desperate for a girl friend and most women don't seem to think its necessary to wear them to attract men. In fact, ALL dates I have been on for the past decade saw the ladies wear zero heels. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chorlini said:

4" and platforms with stiletto heels, wow, you slut! We're now entering fetish territory here for most women. Bedroom stuff.

A: Exceptions to the rule do not make a rule. There are still some women who like corsets. And yet tight lacing has been dead and buried since WW1.

B: Instagram is basically full of Insta-thots who are looking for male attention to milk the simps for money. Not saying these ladies are that, but it is happening and sadly because of insta-thots its the first thing that comes to my mind.

It's funny you should mention Instagram, because I was just thinking of that minutes before I read your post. I realize I'm not saying anything new here, but Instagram is just not really representative of the real world. If you were to glance through my Instagram feed, and keeping in mind that I don't really "Follow" much of anybody, it would look like many women wear 4 and 5" heels all the time in their everyday life, out and about. We know empirically that this is far from the case. Instagram is essentially a fantasy land. Sometimes quite entertaining, though!

An aside: I had to look up the word "Insta-thot." Had a good laugh about that one.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

It's funny you should mention Instagram, because I was just thinking of that minutes before I read your post. I realize I'm not saying anything new here, but Instagram is just not really representative of the real world. If you were to glance through my Instagram feed, and keeping in mind that I don't really "Follow" much of anybody, it would look like many women wear 4 and 5" heels all the time in their everyday life, out and about. We know empirically that this is far from the case. Instagram is essentially a fantasy land. Sometimes quite entertaining, though!

An aside: I had to look up the word "Insta-thot." Had a good laugh about that one.

That's partially because Instagram, like all social media platforms, curates the content for the user. It soon picks up on the fact that a lot of images are for "models" or heels, and thus starts to present that to you. Then the sample on Instagram vs the real world starts to be different.

In the real world, I also barely see heels (say, 3" or higher) outside. In the office, once in a while. In the malls, rarely. Of my many visits to the mall recently, I've only seen a woman be dressed up "nice" once, and I had higher heels on than her at that time.

It's Black Friday here, so lots of online sales. I've looked at a few, just in case there's something really good. Stores still in business carry tons of flats. Stores going out of business carry lots and lots of heels for sale.

Sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see Princess Kate hasn't given up her stilettos.  Geeze I love that woman.  She is so beautiful and classy!  I could get lost in her hair!

See the source image

Edited by RonC
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Come to Europe if You want to see ladies wearing high heels (that means 4" or higher). In some countries they are still worn by many women. I like that!

• Like 1

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

On 11/28/2020 at 9:33 AM, Chorlini said:

Sorry, not buying it. That's like saying my granddad smoked 2 packs a day and lived to be a 100. Exceptions to the rules do not make the rule. When I see young women dressed out for a night out in their miniskirts and tights I still see them wearing combat boots, uggs, sneakers and flipflops. Hell, even ballerina's are becoming endangered shoe wear as far as young women are concerned.

I agree. They'll be far more likely to wear flat ankle boots with some bling on them then heels. It's over. High heels are going the way that corsets have gone, the fetish niche.

Ladies who do that tend to stop doing that once they get what they want. Unless its for male attention and money online. And besides, I do not get the impression that the flat heeled ladies out there are starved for male attention. There are a LOT of men out there that are desperate for a girl friend and most women don't seem to think its necessary to wear them to attract men. In fact, ALL dates I have been on for the past decade saw the ladies wear zero heels. 

I agree with your sentiments 100% Chorlini. It is rare to see stilettos out and about these days, especially for daily wear. I am the odd ball out in that I wear 5 inch stilettos daily and have since I was 13! I have been detailing my heel wearing in the stories I'm posting under Stories with a High Heel Theme. I have to get back to writing! 

Yes, 4 inch heels get up in the slutty, bedroom territory these days. It wasn't always so back in the 1980's when I came of age to wear heels. I still love the look and feel of my stilettos and yes, I do get stares, double-takes, and even comments about my shoes. I am used to it. Most of them are complimentary comments but occasionally I'll get some rude comments. I wear them for me (and my husband too as he loves them) and have no intention on giving them up no matter the consequences. They are my signature with my style. Maybe someday stilettos will come back into fashion, perhaps not for everyday wear like myself, but at least on occasion even if it means carrying a pair of emergency flats for most women! 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Isolathor said:

Come to Europe if You want to see ladies wearing high heels (that means 4" or higher). In some countries they are still worn by many women. I like that!

Have to agree on that point. I see many come into my work with heels in the 2-3 inch mark, mostly boot variety at the moment. We have regulars that often wear 105mm+ heels as a normal, most are in the 75mm to 95mm range.

Heels are on their way back at the moment, folk are “dressing up” to go food shopping as it’s the only thing we can do right now. Once we start to emerge, once all the shops open and most importantly restaurants I’ve had regular customers and say they are already buying nice things to go and meet family/friends and for the office. I am confident in my prediction that women will want to get those heels out. When live entertainment and nightlife industry comes back, the party heels are coming out. I’ll also add, women may not be the only ones enjoying heels coming out of this pandemic, that isn’t a prediction though as I like some other men might have to decided to join women and the fun in heels.

Ive seen YouTube videos, and heard it from colleagues and customers say that on a Friday or Saturday they and their family are now dressing up as if they are going out, getting a Just Eat or Deliveroo with some nice food and drink followed up with them having a movie night. Folk are tired of joggers/leggings and comfortable clothes now. Folk are seeing the enjoyment of looking fancy and feeling fancy. On such nights, the girls are going full hog with hair, makeup and heels.

Europe may be a little more insular, as we have the style capitals of London, Paris, Rome and Berlin in a tight area, and influence thereof will trickle down.

People are tired of being locked down, stay at home and shelter in place. Folk will want to look great as much as they can. It starts in the office, this is where you make your money, so they will just have to get those heels on for work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Isolathor said:

Tell those places, because I live in Europe and I am like a man in a desert dying of thirst in the heels department. It's only only ONLY flats as far as I can see.

4 hours ago, HeelsWearer said:

I agree with your sentiments 100% Chorlini. It is rare to see stilettos out and about these days, especially for daily wear. I am the odd ball out in that I wear 5 inch stilettos daily and have since I was 13! I have been detailing my heel wearing in the stories I'm posting under Stories with a High Heel Theme. I have to get back to writing! 

Yes, 4 inch heels get up in the slutty, bedroom territory these days. It wasn't always so back in the 1980's when I came of age to wear heels. I still love the look and feel of my stilettos and yes, I do get stares, double-takes, and even comments about my shoes. I am used to it. Most of them are complimentary comments but occasionally I'll get some rude comments. I wear them for me (and my husband too as he loves them) and have no intention on giving them up no matter the consequences. They are my signature with my style. Maybe someday stilettos will come back into fashion, perhaps not for everyday wear like myself, but at least on occasion even if it means carrying a pair of emergency flats for most women! 

You are a national treasure, HeelsWearer, no, an international treasure! 

54 minutes ago, VirginHeels said:

Have to agree on that point. I see many come into my work with heels in the 2-3 inch mark, mostly boot variety at the moment. We have regulars that often wear 105mm+ heels as a normal, most are in the 75mm to 95mm range.

Heels are on their way back at the moment, folk are “dressing up” to go food shopping as it’s the only thing we can do right now. Once we start to emerge, once all the shops open and most importantly restaurants I’ve had regular customers and say they are already buying nice things to go and meet family/friends and for the office. I am confident in my prediction that women will want to get those heels out. When live entertainment and nightlife industry comes back, the party heels are coming out. I’ll also add, women may not be the only ones enjoying heels coming out of this pandemic, that isn’t a prediction though as I like some other men might have to decided to join women and the fun in heels.

Ive seen YouTube videos, and heard it from colleagues and customers say that on a Friday or Saturday they and their family are now dressing up as if they are going out, getting a Just Eat or Deliveroo with some nice food and drink followed up with them having a movie night. Folk are tired of joggers/leggings and comfortable clothes now. Folk are seeing the enjoyment of looking fancy and feeling fancy. On such nights, the girls are going full hog with hair, makeup and heels.

Europe may be a little more insular, as we have the style capitals of London, Paris, Rome and Berlin in a tight area, and influence thereof will trickle down.

People are tired of being locked down, stay at home and shelter in place. Folk will want to look great as much as they can. It starts in the office, this is where you make your money, so they will just have to get those heels on for work.

Again, where do you live? Cause its zero heels where I live.

6 minutes ago, Chorlini said:

Again, where do you live? Cause its zero heels where I live.

Scottish Lowlands. A bizarre place I know for lots of heel wearing. Lots of block heels and stiletto boots/ankle boots at the moment, some pumps as well.

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2021 at 7:11 PM, VirginHeels said:

Scottish Lowlands. A bizarre place I know for lots of heel wearing. Lots of block heels and stiletto boots/ankle boots at the moment, some pumps as well.

Why 'bizarre'?   A survey some years ago highlighted that Scottish women were more likely to wear high heels than in almost any other area of the UK, with north east England a close second.   One reason is that many Scottish women are on the shorter side.   My own observations in Glasgow (although, alas, not in recent years) bore both facts out. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 9:55 AM, Puffer said:

Why 'bizarre'?   A survey some years ago highlighted that Scottish women were more likely to wear high heels than in almost any other area of the UK, with north east England a close second.   One reason is that many Scottish women are on the shorter side.   My own observations in Glasgow (although, alas, not in recent years) bore both facts out. 

That’s a stat and fact I’ll take with me. Just like our addiction to energy drinks, where we consume twice the amount of them as any other location in the UK.