Nice youtube heel channel

Actually, I do not like tea at all...lol

My avatar shoes the type of heels I prefer.  Grew up in the 60's when stilettos basically came to be.  Also liked the 80's heels.  Not a fan of extreme heights.  

Edited by RonC
Added comment
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 8:30 AM, spikesmike said:

What kind of tea do you like ?

"Earl Grey, hot." 🤣

Not usually my cup of tea, either, though I do check out the channel from time to time, just to see what is going on. Some of the shoes are ok, most are far too platform-y and/or fetish-y for me. But more importantly from my point of view, I have never--no, let me take that back--rarely, seen any of the models who can actually walk in the shoes. Just looking at the thumbnails of all the vidoes they have produced over the years, it's plain to see, they can't walk in them. At least not by my standards, which are admittedly pretty high. It's why I don't wear anything as of yet that is more than 4 1/2", and on some days, even that's pretty iffy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

It's why I don't wear anything as of yet that is more than 4 1/2", and on some days, even that's pretty iffy.

Just curious as to why you'd like to be able to wear higher heels.  Do you find the look of the higher heel more attractive, or is it more so the physical challenge of being able to walk gracefully in a heel that height?  

• Like 1

I also had from time to time taken  a look  to that channel. Not my cup of tea neither. By the way earl grey is also my preference. 

Back to high heels: the higher is with no doubt the better,as long as we are able to walk gracefully. Depending on the surface and other factors 4” to 5.5” seems to be the best  

And about platforms :it’s just cheating. 1/2 “ can be acceptable if it improves the look. 

Just my opinion 

Pierre 

• Like 3

I rather have platforms than super thin soles.  Call me tenderfoot.  I only consider the net difference, so I'm fine with a 1.5 inch platform with a 6 inch heel.  I like the net difference between 3.75 and 4.5 inches but have a few 3.5 inch difference as well as some 5+ inch difference. But walking with platforms is slightly different, specially stairs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RonC said:

Just curious as to why you'd like to be able to wear higher heels.  Do you find the look of the higher heel more attractive, or is it more so the physical challenge of being able to walk gracefully in a heel that height?  

Both. For sure, I would like to be able to wear incrementally higher (steeper) heels than what I can wear now, just for the challenge of it. It's not really a high priority in my life, I won't spend a hell of a lot of time pursuing it, but it's a vague goal.

As to the aesthetics of it, to my eye, which perhaps might be a little off, stilettos look about right between approximately 4 3/4" (120 mm) and 5 1/2" (140mm). 6 inch (150 mm) heels can look great also, but at that point, it depends so much on the exact design. It's very tricky to design a 6" heel that looks "right" to me, but it is possible. Also, there are few, few people who could actually walk in them that it really isn't worth thinking about anyway, certainly not for myself. I would actually like to see Alexandra Potter (mentioned recently in another thread) walk in regular 6" heels (rather than ballet boots), just to see what that would look like. I wonder if it might actually be harder for her? It's an idle thought, meaning very little.

To reiterate, you know how you think 3-4" pumps sort of "look right?" Well, I think the same thing, only a bit higher. This is on a U.S. Women's size 9 or so. Think 95% of the shoes that @Jkrenzer wears. To me, that's about right.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in my teenage years and twenty’s, the higher the heels the better I liked them. 5” heels were my normal hight with 6” heels a close second.  I even tried 7” heels but found them to be very difficult and tiring.  Back in my teenage years, I had a couple of pair of platform sandals with 6” heels and 2” platforms.  I wore them out one evening and badly sprained my ankle when my foot rolled over when I stepped on a rock. It was hard to walk in normal boys shoes, not to mention high heels, for several weeks.  I swore off of platform shoes and haven’t owned a pair since.   Anyone that wears tall stilettos will tell you that you develop a sense of what on the ground, underneath your foot and where to place your foot when walking, which is not the case when wearing platform shoes.  The platform is too thick for you to feel uneven or bad footing through the sole.

• Like 6

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 weeks later...