Age first started wearing heels and your thoughts on wearing them.

heellover00

I am 33 years old and about 5 years ago I started wearing heels. Ever since then I love wearing women heels. If you wear the right type of heel it is very easy to walk in. Some heels that I thought might not be comfortable to wear / walk in like pumps are actually not hard to walk in. I would like for you to share your experience the first time you wore heels. 

• Like 6

I must have been 22 - 24 years old.  My girlfriend (first wife later) had a pair of leather shoeties with a 3 inch heel. One day I tried them on and they fit. They went better with an outfit I was wearing to a wedding, so I wore them.  from that day on they were mine. They lasted me 20+ years but I wore them out. About 15 years later (and many ankle reconstructions) I found that my feet fit better in women's shoes. Then 5 years ago I found that 4 inch heels helps my hips.  Been in heels ever since. 

• Like 1

That depends upon your definition of "wear." I have always had a thing for heels from an early age, and I did have a pair of heels in high school, but did I actually wear them? No, not really. For one thing, at the time, I didn't feel free to wear them, even around the house. I didn't actually start wearing them until I was 44. Today, more than 8 years later, you will rarely find me in flats of any sort, outside of work, where I simply can't wear heels, even were I a woman. And that's a lot of wasted time!

My first experience was trying on my Mom's but was already too large to get into her size 6B's.  My guess is that I was around 12 or 13 as my female peers were getting their first pair for dress-up occasions at church and school.  I was fully intrigued by how their walk change and how the looked so different.  I did find my Grandmother was a size 8 and had a wooden block heel of probably 2 1/2 inch height.  They were a peep-toe quarter-strap sandal and they fit.  Oh the feeling which sent chills through my whole body screamed that these shoes were so special to be able to wear.  I had fun balancing only on the heels while walking; something I had witnessed the girls doing and it was a fun challenge and I was hooked.  My first purchase had to wait 5 years at the age of 18 while I was now away from home in college.  That was 50 years ago --- where has time and all my shoes gone?

• Like 3

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Like everyone says, question needs a little more definition...

So, will say that I discovered my sister's red go go boots when I was about 8-10yrs old, I wore them when alone at home every chance I got.  The first pair of boots that I bought/owned was in my teens, campus boots from JC Penney.  I moved on to cowboy boots from there, some were cowgirl boots with 2-3" heels.   Moved on to cowboy boots with 4-5" heels.  Finally, graduated to stiletto boots about 15 years ago.  But, it has only been in the last five years that I have developed the courage, skill, confidence to wear them publicly....

• Like 5

I started at about 27. Like most, it was in private. I went to 5 inch heels immediately. Seems my feet were designed for 5 inch heels. I've been open publicly for about 18 yrs. Wished I hadn't waited so long. 

• Like 2

At about age 6 I found my mother's brown leather knee high boots.  A high block heel, probably 3-4 inches. I think she hardly wore them, so am surprised that I even knew about it.

I doubt I was very good at placing things back exactly where they were back then... So wonder what she thought, and if she even noticed. 

I enjoyed those boots for many years to come... Probably wore them more than she did, but of course at home only, till my late teens. 

About 30 years on from that original find, I bought my own high heels- and what a surprise, they were high heels boots! 

• Like 2

I must have been 13 or 14 when I experimented with my mother's shoes. But her feet were smaller then mine, so that quickly ended that experiment. I managed to buy some heels in stores, but it was next to impossible to find anything over size EU41 at the time. And pumps never fitted. Although in hindsight sandals would have probably fitted. It wasn't until after I went to university that I went to Amsterdam to a Black Sabbath concert (it was awesome!). Before the show I hit the city center for a meal and discovered that the sex shops there sold high heeled footwear up to size EU46. It was suddenly finding the promised land! 

• Like 3

I was in seventh grade in 1970, a time of colourful fashions, and quite fancied a pair of go-go boots like the ones this pretty red-haired girl named Lori used to wear to school almodts every day. I don't recall if they had heels or not - which tells me it wasn't the heels that appealed to me but the overall look of the boots themselves. I felt it was rather unfair that I couldn't have a pair. I continued to think that it was unfair for many years - that men were proscribed from wearing tall boots, with or without heels. It was not an obsession by any means, but when autumn rolled around and new lines of boots appeared in the shops I would think rather wistfully it was a shame I couldn't have a pair too. I accepted this as a fundamental truth, and never questioned it until I was in my fifties.  And when I did question it, I realised it had no basis in fact; that I could buy and wear whatever boots I liked. And so I did - and now have half a dozen pair of knee and otk boots, both with and without heels, and wear them throughout the winter.  

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I was in seventh grade in 1970, a time of colourful fashions, and quite fancied a pair of go-go boots like the ones this pretty red-haired girl named Lori used to wear to school almodts every day. I don't recall if they had heels or not - which tells me it wasn't the heels that appealed to me but the overall look of the boots themselves. I felt it was rather unfair that I couldn't have a pair. I continued to think that it was unfair for many years - that men were proscribed from wearing tall boots, with or without heels. It was not an obsession by any means, but when autumn rolled around and new lines of boots appeared in the shops I would think rather wistfully it was a shame I couldn't have a pair too. I accepted this as a fundamental truth, and never questioned it until I was in my fifties.  And when I did question it, I realised it had no basis in fact; that I could buy and wear whatever boots I liked. And so I did - abd now have hsalf a dozen pair of knee and otk boots, both with and without heels, and wear them throughout the winter.  

It was around that time when I was in fourth grade....I remember having a crush on "Pia", a classmate who had beautiful tall black boots with heels...Our teacher, Mrs. Levy had a pair also....I was mesmorized for sure...Don't know how I ever got through that year with those immense distractions....But now I have 5 pairs of similar boots, wish I hadn't waited so long....

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 6:27 PM, 5150PLB1 said:

1970? That's the middle of the dark ages for heeling.  

Yeah, that was a bleak period for heels.  Low blocky stuff was about it.  And the hippie girls were all about moccasins and flat sandals.  Fortunately, that didn't last too long.  I have a feeling, however, that the current trend away from heels is not going to turn around any time soon.

I used to wear My mom's heels when I was like 3-4 years until I stopped because my dad hit me and told me I would end up being a travestite and bring shame to the family (there aren't many Open minded people here in México), so I just dreamed of having My own place to wear them secretly. Only 3  gfs knew my secret and supported me. I bought My first pair of heels when I was 18 (12 years ago), now I dunno how many I own (maybe a 100 pairs haha). At first I only liked High heels, then women's jeans and trousers and now I wear entirely women's clothes (indoor, of course. As I fear of being spotted).

• Like 4

On 11/1/2020 at 11:52 PM, Shyheels said:

I was in seventh grade in 1970, a time of colourful fashions, and quite fancied a pair of go-go boots like the ones this pretty red-haired girl named Lori used to wear to school almodts every day. I don't recall if they had heels or not - which tells me it wasn't the heels that appealed to me but the overall look of the boots themselves. I felt it was rather unfair that I couldn't have a pair. I continued to think that it was unfair for many years....

I thin it was probably the same grade or maybe sixth when the Coreges (sp) white mid calf boots with the back zipper and poimted toes on a small plastic heel became the rage.  I was sooooo hooked on watching the girls stride in those beautiful boots all the time wishing I could have a pair of my own.  I couldn't make that happen and by the time I could, they were long out of style. 

• Like 2

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

7 hours ago, jetheelsfan said:

I thin it was probably the same grade or maybe sixth when the Coreges (sp) white mid calf boots with the back zipper and poimted toes on a small plastic heel became the rage.  I was sooooo hooked on watching the girls stride in those beautiful boots all the time wishing I could have a pair of my own.  I couldn't make that happen and by the time I could, they were long out of style. 

I know the feeling - I very much wanted a pair of those knee-high white go-go boots but they were well out of bounds. And of course they are very dated now - by decades. A part of me would still like to get a pair, just to have done so - a kind of victory - but I doubt I will...

• Like 3

Yes I'm aware that one can buy them - the ones I've seen (I nostalgically looked) all seemed like cheap costume party stuff rather than the glorious sleek white go-go boots of memory. Sometimes its best not to tinker with memories..

• Like 2

My first time trying on a pair of heels was when I was 12.  It was during summer vacation.  I had become more and more curious about high heels.  Teachers at school wore them and the girls were starting out in their low heel pumps about that time.  My mom was cleaning the living room so I was watching TV in her bedroom.  I was sitting on the floor next to the open closet and her shoes were sitting there in my peripheral vision.  Gilligan's Island was on the TV and Gilligan was dressed up like a woman and couldn't walk in the heels.  I thought that it couldn't be that hard so I grabbed my mom's 3-inch wooden Candies mules and gave it a try.  I was shocked by how challenging they were to stand or walk in but I was also electrified by the experience.  That was right before sixth grade and I bought my first pair during the summer before 8th grade.

• Like 4

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

My mom had small feet but I was still determined to wear her heels.  She had one pair that I could get my much larger feet in, but I tore the vamp in both shoes when I tried to walk in them.  She never figured out it was me, as she thought they just got old and dried out and split.  There was another pair that were the closest to a fit for me, and I wore them more than a few times so I stretched them out to the point where they were now too big for her.  I am surprised that she never figured out that it was me.

3 hours ago, AZShoeNut said:

I thought that it couldn't be that hard so I grabbed my mom's 3-inch wooden Candies mules and gave it a try.  I was shocked by how challenging they were to stand or walk in but I was also electrified by the experience.

I never went through the experience of feeling like the heels were challenging.  Never had a problem with balance or walking in them.  Somewhat surprising considering how excited I was every time I got to wear them.

• Like 2

Exactly the same for me,but with my former wife shoes. She had never understood how her thin feet could stretch her shoes that much. So we went  on buying more expensive shoes hoping they won’t stretch! Nowadays I am feeling ashamed when I remember that. 

I was also adding fold socks at the back of the shoes,in order not to destroy them. It was working well and probably put me in the love of very high heels because of the increased height. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ide say age 5. My mum had too many pairs of heels to fit in her closet so she kept some in my room. I would stand in them and walk around my room, till she caught me and I was punished with a spanking. I made sure i was never caught again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Breeheels said:

Ide say age 5. My mum had too many pairs of heels to fit in her closet so she kept some in my room. I would stand in them and walk around my room, till she caught me and I was punished with a spanking. I made sure i was never caught again.

Was she upset that you were wearing heels or annoyed that you might damage her shoes?

• Like 1

My mother was just the opposite.  She encouraged me to wear her heels when I was a little boy.  And, when I outgrew her size when I was about 10, she bought me 2 pair of my own.

• Like 5

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.