Autogynephilia in Women

kneehighs

In 1989 a scientist by the name of Ray Blanchard popularized the idea of autogynephilia in men.  Autogynephilia is defined as "erotic interest in the thought or image of oneself as a woman...".  According to Wikipedia, Blanchard identified four types of autogynephilic sexual fantasy, two of which could (but not necessarily) apply to members of this forum.  One is Transvestic autogynephilia: arousal to the act or fantasy of wearing typically feminine clothing. Two is Behavioral autogynephilia: arousal to the act or fantasy of doing something regarded as feminine

In 2009, another researcher Charles Moser researched the idea of autogynephilia in women.  His study was published in the Journal of Homosexuality in 2009.  It's titled "Autogynephilia in Women".   Some of the responses from female subjects in the attached image upload are interesting. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mCc_H2swn93YYrtCvl9LFpT7rMTb76h6/view

Anyone here have any thoughts on either of the above?

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 8.17.21 PM.png

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Sounds kind of interesting, but unfortunately I don't have time to read the whole thing at the moment. Maybe I'll give her a go this weekend. You do always come up with topics which are out of the ordinary. Which is good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Sounds kind of interesting, but unfortunately I don't have time to read the whole thing at the moment. Maybe I'll give her a go this weekend. You do always come up with topics which are out of the ordinary. Which is good.

Thanks.

To be honest, I didn't read the whole study either 🙈.   What I found most interesting was the female responses to the questions testing for a female version of autogynephilia.   

I have now read the article. I hope there's not an exam, because I didn't read it like I was studying for one. It's interesting, but I'm not sure how useful the information is in the real world. Plus, the sample was very small. As far as male autogynephilia (I of course have zero experience with the female version), I can tell you that it a whole lot more complicated than simply fantasizing about "possessing breasts and a vulva."

Yes, I have wondered from time to time what it would be like if God had made me a woman, but being a woman just for the sake of being a woman wouldn't cut it all by itself. What if I were a woman with ugly feet? What if, for some physical reason, I couldn't wear high heels? What if I had unattractive facial features? What if I had stringy hair (the hair thing hits home, as a balding male)? In this hypothetical situation, those would be dealbreakers for me, in order to even consider for one second trading the life and attributes I have now, as a man. Naturally, this is all silly and fun discussion, because it has no basis in reality. I am who I am, and that's just fine.

Thank you for sharing this article, and thank goodness it wasn't very long! I did have to look up some scientific terms in order to understand fully.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

The other day my girlfriend and I had a few drinks at home.  She had cat eye make up on and heels. She started looking at herself in the mirror. I could swear it was a version of autogynephilic arousal.  The way she admired herself, posed sexy and moved her body.  So I put my black pumps on as well and we did a few photos together.   It was amazing.

• Like 2