Police in Milan

at9

Saw this in The Guardian today. The female police officers are very smartly dressed and one is wearing high heels.  I suppose that because Milan is the fashion capital of Italy so their police need to be well turned out too.

Their helmets are rather like a traditional British men's police helmet.

milan_cops (Small).jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HeeledSlides said:

How nice 😀!

I’m wondering how fast she could run in heels in case she has to chase a pickpocket. Or a mafia boss...... But I would not underestimate her. Some women have incredible high heels skills.

Funny you should mention that, reminds me of this commercial from the the early 90's:

Easy Spirit

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 4

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

26 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Funny you should mention that, reminds me of this commercial from the the early 90's:

Easy Spirit

Oh yes, I remember that commercial and thinking as a young man how impressive that was. Now, I look back and think, nah, not all that impressive. Low heels with an ugly cone shape, no thanks. On the other hand, the Solid Gold Dancers, of roughly the same era, now they were impressive.

• Like 1

Jeff that Easy Spirit commercial made me want to run out buy a pair of pumps  ........ naa wait, it happened long before then ! However , that is still a good commercial . I could see a basket ball pump getting whole new meaning and in a good way .

• Like 1

I remember those commercials well.  Easy Spirit did make a pump with a higher heel, but they didn't use those in the commercial.  Not a 5 incher by any means, they were probably in the 3.5-4 inch range.  Those in the commercials are likely 2-2.5 inches.  But a nice classic shape though.  Would still be a challenge to play basketball with a heel that narrow, even if not high.  The first time I dressed as a female for Halloween, I had a pair of kitten heels.  I found them somehow more challenging than a higher heel.  I think the lack of height left me feeling that I didn't need to be as cognizant of the heels narrowness, and my ankles tended to wobble more.  

The commercials on YouTube that followed the one Jeff posted had a couple for runless pantyhose that had some lovely ladies in nice heels.  Boy, I miss those days - late 80's/early 90's.  I guess it was the big hair era, but it was more the clothing and footwear of the era that I found attractive.  Women looked like women, very feminine, dresses skirts and heels were everyday wear.  Most even wore heels with their jeans.  Won't see those days again in my lifetime, darn it!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, RonC said:

I remember those commercials well.  Easy Spirit did make a pump with a higher heel, but they didn't use those in the commercial.  Not a 5 incher by any means, they were probably in the 3.5-4 inch range.  Those in the commercials are likely 2-2.5 inches.  But a nice classic shape though.  Would still be a challenge to play basketball with a heel that narrow, even if not high.  The first time I dressed as a female for Halloween, I had a pair of kitten heels.  I found them somehow more challenging than a higher heel.  I think the lack of height left me feeling that I didn't need to be as cognizant of the heels narrowness, and my ankles tended to wobble more.  

The commercials on YouTube that followed the one Jeff posted had a couple for runless pantyhose that had some lovely ladies in nice heels.  Boy, I miss those days - late 80's/early 90's.  I guess it was the big hair era, but it was more the clothing and footwear of the era that I found attractive.  Women looked like women, very feminine, dresses skirts and heels were everyday wear.  Most even wore heels with their jeans.  Won't see those days again in my lifetime, darn it!

Well, you could, you'd just have to go to Asia to see it. Tying it back in to the original post, you might even see some policewomen in high heels there! In Vietnam, they made have made some prohibition about it in the past few years, because I haven't seen it recently, but swear to God, I have actually seen, in person, a policewoman directing traffic in high heels.

Edited by mlroseplant

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Well, you could, you'd just have to go to Asia to see it. Tying it back in to the original post, you might even see some policewomen in high heels there! In Vietnam, they made have made some prohibition about it in the past few years, because I haven't seen it recently, but swear to God, I have actually seen, in person, a policewoman directing traffic in high heels.

I would love to see that!  However, age, health and pandemic likely preclude me from making that trip, darn it!

10 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

North Korea:

nintchdbpict0002891695691.jpg?w=960

nintchdbpict0002891695811.jpg?w=960

• Confused 1

You guys definition of high heels are different then mine, that's for sure. To me those are moderately low heels, and  just low heels in the case of the Asian police officers. I wouldn't even given them the time of day if anyone passed me in the street wearing those. Maybe if they were police women, because I'm used to see them wearing the same army type boots that male officers wear.

As for the dancers in heels in the video that mlroseplant posted, that reminded me of all the strippers in the, um, 'male entertainment magazines' I used to read back then. Those ladies would dance all night in 4 to 5" heels all evening. And then, like it happened overnight, those were all replaced by the standard 6" Pleaser stripper heels with the 2" platform. Like there was a stripper conclave and they decided those only from now on. Which made sense, as those shoes are only 4" without the platform, so far more comfortable to wear all night then 5" and looking a lot sexier then regular 4".

And after this bizarre trip down memory lane, back to cops in low to moderately low heels.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 7:14 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Ha, agree with 1st paragraph. Disagree with second. 4 to 5 inch single soles are way sexier than the platformed crap strippers wear now.

I second that emotion!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 10/25/2020 at 11:34 AM, Chorlini said:

You guys definition of high heels are different then mine, that's for sure. To me those are moderately low heels, and  just low heels in the case of the Asian police officers. I wouldn't even given them the time of day if anyone passed me in the street wearing those. Maybe if they were police women, because I'm used to see them wearing the same army type boots that male officers wear.

As for the dancers in heels in the video that mlroseplant posted, that reminded me of all the strippers in the, um, 'male entertainment magazines' I used to read back then. Those ladies would dance all night in 4 to 5" heels all evening. And then, like it happened overnight, those were all replaced by the standard 6" Pleaser stripper heels with the 2" platform. Like there was a stripper conclave and they decided those only from now on. Which made sense, as those shoes are only 4" without the platform, so far more comfortable to wear all night then 5" and looking a lot sexier then regular 4".

And after this bizarre trip down memory lane, back to cops in low to moderately low heels.

The lady cops I saw in Vietnam were generally wearing about 3" stilettos. There appears to be no official uniform shoe for these gals, or at least there wasn't back then. Like I said, I haven't seen it for several years, so it may be that the Powers That Be have changed the rules. I certainly agree with you that the North Korean policewomen do not have on "high" heeled oxfords, but rather basically the same height as men's shoes, but with a somewhat narrower heel. And I gotta tell you, the socks don't do anything for me, they look dumber 'n hell.

I have not stepped foot in one of those gentlemen's clubs since 1991, but if memory serves, all of the dancers were wearing "normal" high heels--either the Super Platforms hadn't been invented yet, or they hadn't caught on in our area. It's hard to remember that long ago, but I don't think anybody wore much over 4".  As far as pole dancers go, I have zero experience with them back in the day, but as you know, pole dancing has caught on as an art form, an athletic competition, and a method of physical fitness. Often pole dancers wear no shoes at all these days, but when they do, it's nearly always 8" Pleasers with a 4" platform. And, like with the strippers,  it seems like there was a convention, and everybody decided that this is what we're going to wear from now on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, my last visit was when a friend duped me into going to one back in about 1999 or so.  Seems in parts of Texas, the strip clubs actually had very nice, quality restaurants as part of the venue.  He said we had dinner reservations, which we did, and had a very nice meal.  But after dinner we moved to another area which was the strip club part.  He was nice enough to pay for dinner and also bought a lap dance for me which I was unaware of until the lovely young lady parked herself on my lap...lol.  Not something I would have ever done myself but I did rather enjoy it.  But back on subject, at that time, everything was typical stripper platforms, so I have to say her shoes did nothing for me!  

• Like 2

On 10/27/2020 at 5:03 PM, RonC said:

Yeah, my last visit was when a friend duped me into going to one back in about 1999 or so.  Seems in parts of Texas, the strip clubs actually had very nice, quality restaurants as part of the venue.  He said we had dinner reservations, which we did, and had a very nice meal.  But after dinner we moved to another area which was the strip club part.  He was nice enough to pay for dinner and also bought a lap dance for me which I was unaware of until the lovely young lady parked herself on my lap...lol.  Not something I would have ever done myself but I did rather enjoy it.  But back on subject, at that time, everything was typical stripper platforms, so I have to say her shoes did nothing for me!  

So we can say for certain that sometime between 1991 and 1999, "it" happened. Platforms, that is.