Serious crimes against footwear

at9

First there was the Ugg, and the Croc. None were lovely but all could claim a certain utility. For your own safety please put down your coffee and stop eating your lunch before you look at this abomination:

https://www.net-a-porter.com/en-gb/shop/product/balenciaga/crocs-embellished-rubber-platform-sandals/1053900

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/balenciaga-platform-crocs-release-date-price/

They aren't even new. I just had the misfortune to see them for the first time today.

Edited by at9
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

All I need to see is Balenciaga in the subject line and I know I need look no further; whatever the product is, it will be hideous, something a zebra wouldn't wear on a bet. And it'll cost the earth. 

Edited by Shyheels

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

......something a zebra wouldn't wear on a bet.

Shyheels, I know you're very well travelled but I didn't realise that you'd observed gambling amongst zebras 🙂

Glad to say that I've never seen these horrors (the platform Crocs, not the zebras) in real life. But then I don't often go to the exotic parts where they might be worn. Peopled by semi-sentient beings with far more money than sense.

Edited by at9
Typo
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, at9 said:

Shyheels, I know you're very well travelled but I didn't realise that you'd observed gambling amonst zebras 🙂

Glad to say that I've never seen these horrors (the platform Crocs, not the zebras) in real life. But then I don't often go to the exotic parts where they might be worn. Peopled by semi-sentient beings with far more money than sense.

‘‘Twas this one time back in the Masai Mara.....

Do you remember this gal that I introduced you to back in January? I know you won't believe me, but she would totally wear those, and probably enthusiastically. America has completely ruined her.

I have no clue as to why the picture keeps uploading sideways, but you get the idea.

HangBoots.JPG

21 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Cute girl and boots!

21 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

The highlight of this thread, that's for sure!

Yes, she IS cute, in both appearance and personality. However, the boots modeled in the sideways picture are my boots, not hers, and I'm telling you, she would be all over those flatform Crocs. And I would be telling her, "You're not showing up to my house in those shoes."

About sideways photos: https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why-your-photos-dont-always-appear-correctly-rotated/

I do basic photo editing with Irfanview, an excellent free viewer/editor for Windows. I set it to display pictures in their actual orientation, rather than using the EXIF data to correct the orientation for display. Then I can correct them in a couple of keystrokes and save them the right way up.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:17 PM, mlroseplant said:

Do you remember this gal that I introduced you to back in January? I know you won't believe me, but she would totally wear those, and probably enthusiastically. America has completely ruined her.

I have no clue as to why the picture keeps uploading sideways, but you get the idea.

America ruins all women. Hell, the entire West ruins all women.

As for the OP, all platforms are a crime against footwear, but yes, these are particularly hideous.

On 10/17/2020 at 6:45 AM, at9 said:

About sideways photos: https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why-your-photos-dont-always-appear-correctly-rotated/

I do basic photo editing with Irfanview, an excellent free viewer/editor for Windows. I set it to display pictures in their actual orientation, rather than using the EXIF data to correct the orientation for display. Then I can correct them in a couple of keystrokes and save them the right way up.

I don't really get it, because the picture is not sideways on my computer, and when I uploaded the picture on my thread last January, it was just fine. It just went all sideways on my last Friday.

4 hours ago, Chorlini said:

America ruins all women. Hell, the entire West ruins all women.

As for the OP, all platforms are a crime against footwear, but yes, these are particularly hideous.

Oh, come on now, cháu Hằng is not ruined at all! With the one exception of her usual taste in casual footwear. She usually wears plain black 3" stiletto pumps to work, by the way.

On 10/18/2020 at 3:35 PM, mlroseplant said:

I don't really get it, because the picture is not sideways on my computer, and when I uploaded the picture on my thread last January, it was just fine. It just went all sideways on my last Friday.

Oh, come on now, cháu Hằng is not ruined at all! With the one exception of her usual taste in casual footwear. She usually wears plain black 3" stiletto pumps to work, by the way.

You give it time, buddy, you give it time. I am missing some information here though, like who she is?

17 hours ago, Chorlini said:

You give it time, buddy, you give it time. I am missing some information here though, like who she is?

I'm not 100% sure what you're getting at, but I have a pretty good guess. And nah, I'm thinking of at least a dozen Vietnamese women I know who have immigrated to the U.S. via one method or the other, and I can't think of a one of them that's been "ruined." I can think of a Vietnamese gal who lives in Hanoi who's way too much of a princess, and already has the divorce at age 32 to prove it.

I see where you're coming from, there are many seemingly spoiled women in the West, but it's very difficult to make blankets statements about anything in life. Hey, look at the blanket statements people usually make about us on this site. "He wears heels? Gives a damn about his appearance? He must be gay." Well, some of us are, in fact, gay. But it ain't necessarily so.