Zara boots

pebblesf

I just won this auction on ebay.  I recently discovered Zara boots, and can't wait to get these....Classic styling, but with a rugged and powerful heel that will stand up a little better than my stiletto boots.   I usually wear 11s, these are 10s, but 10s are often OK with thin socks.  Can't wait until next week!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383307093383

• Like 5

Thanks for the encouragement guys....  Admittedly, I have not yet figured out how to shrink pictures enough so they will post here.  I did my best to follow the tutorial given, promise to try again.  Hopefully someone can repost instructions....

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Thanks for the encouragement guys....  Admittedly, I have not yet figured out how to shrink pictures enough so they will post here.  I did my best to follow the tutorial given, promise to try again.  Hopefully someone can repost instructions....

I email them to myself which allows reducing size. Then download the e-mail images and post those. My phone allows both 30% and 10% resize and i fine 30% works pretty good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LthrRam said:

They look great! Congratulations.

thanks buddy   means alot coming from you

24 minutes ago, Chorlini said:

Keep in mind that Zara always tends to run smaller, always go for one size above your normal size.

uh oh, now i'm worried

6 hours ago, pebblesf said:

lunapic.com is also a pretty good tool for image editing

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I used to do the email myself thing to reduce the size, but then I got a new phone, which of course increased the original file sizes of my pictures, and that just wasn't cutting it anymore. I had tried resizing the photo on my computer, but that often resulted in an image that was ridiculously small, but still had a large file size. I accidentally hit "export" one day, and discovered that if I exported the photo as a .jpeg image, I could change the settings enough to get the file size down considerably without losing much quality for say, a laptop screen. Maybe people have noticed that my pictures have gotten a lot better lately. That's why. That and the fact that I have quit trying to take pictures in the mirror in a poorly lit room.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

OK, posted some pictures to imgur, so can put links here....  Chlorini was right, Zara boots either run a bit small, or exactly to size.  These are pull ons, one fits, the other is a struggle, so I guess my feet are different sizes...

I didn't look at the auction very closely, and was disappointed to find these are rounded toe boots, and I prefer pointed toes, only because rounded toes tend to make my feet look too small.  Perhaps they will grow on me with time, I really liked the more sturdy heel design though.  The heel is sturdy, but made of cheesy plastic so it makes a loud clicking, not what I was going for.  The quality of leather seems very good, and I like the thin soles, they seem easy to walk in so far...  The boots weren't inexpensive, paid $100 for them, the seller accepted my lower offer provided I could not return them...Oh well.  I guess I should wear lighter colored jeans for pictures, did my best to lighten the photos a bit.  

Will probably "rehome" the Zaras, let me know if anyone is interested, not looking to recoup my investment though.  Perhaps I should give them some time, maybe they will grow on me, they look pretty good under the levis, just wish the heels were not made of cheesy plastic.....

https://imgur.com/gallery/jQxZVW7

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pebblesf said:

OK, posted some pictures to imgur, so can put links here....  Chlorini was right, Zara boots either run a bit small, or exactly to size.  These are pull ons, one fits, the other is a struggle, so I guess my feet are different sizes...

I didn't look at the auction very closely, and was disappointed to find these are rounded toe boots, and I prefer pointed toes, only because rounded toes tend to make my feet look too small.  Perhaps they will grow on me with time, I really liked the more sturdy heel design though.  The heel is sturdy, but made of cheesy plastic so it makes a loud clicking, not what I was going for.  The quality of leather seems very good, and I like the thin soles, they seem easy to walk in so far...  The boots weren't inexpensive, paid $100 for them, the seller accepted my lower offer provided I could not return them...Oh well.  I guess I should wear lighter colored jeans for pictures, did my best to lighten the photos a bit.  

Will probably "rehome" the Zaras, let me know if anyone is interested, not looking to recoup my investment though.  Perhaps I should give them some time, maybe they will grow on me, they look pretty good under the levis, just wish the heels were not made of cheesy plastic.....

They look cute, esp under the jeans. but it really sounds like you are disappointed ... as you say, maybe they will grow on you ... 

But for the heels, which sound like they're made out of bare plastic (which does have its advantages, by the way), I think the boots look great! You can always have them reheeled so they aren't so noisy. You might be surprised what you find underneath the "leather" heel coverings of some pretty expensive boots and shoes.

You are also the first person I've ever met who is worried about his feet looking too small. I'd be pretty slow to get rid of these. Your words tell me that they very may grow on you, and come to fit better gradually the more you wear them.

• Like 2

Good looking boots there, Don! These look very similar to a pair of nine west pull on boots that I have that are tall enough to touch my knee cap. The heel looks sturdy and they should be easy to walk in. As for the tightness of your boots,put them on with the thin socks and spray them with shoe stretch(or brake cleaner in the spray can,both smell the same and I have used both with outstanding results) and wear them until they are dry,repeat if necessary for the desired results. You may have to go over them with black shoe polish to get the shine back. Wear them and enjoy them!

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 2:36 PM, RonC said:

in the photos the heel looks fine.  But for expensive boots, one might think leather wrapped would have been appropriate, no?

Well, the leather seems like good quality anyway.  I didn't pay that much for them, $125.  Wore them quite a bit the other day in Ft. Myers, I think they are stretching out, will find out tonight when I attempt to put them on again!

On 11/3/2020 at 6:09 AM, mlroseplant said:

But for the heels, which sound like they're made out of bare plastic (which does have its advantages, by the way), I think the boots look great! You can always have them reheeled so they aren't so noisy. You might be surprised what you find underneath the "leather" heel coverings of some pretty expensive boots and shoes.

You are also the first person I've ever met who is worried about his feet looking too small. I'd be pretty slow to get rid of these. Your words tell me that they very may grow on you, and come to fit better gradually the more you wear them.

Probably won't rehome them, they are growing on me....  Yeah, I have some peculiar worries indeed...  Like Mom always said:  "you are your own worst enemy"....

On 10/1/2020 at 11:52 AM, Chorlini said:

Keep in mind that Zara always tends to run smaller, always go for one size above your normal size.

Your advice is spot on buddy....Oh well...

On 11/3/2020 at 7:55 AM, crotchhiguy said:

Good looking boots there, Don! These look very similar to a pair of nine west pull on boots that I have that are tall enough to touch my knee cap. The heel looks sturdy and they should be easy to walk in. As for the tightness of your boots,put them on with the thin socks and spray them with shoe stretch(or brake cleaner in the spray can,both smell the same and I have used both with outstanding results) and wear them until they are dry,repeat if necessary for the desired results. You may have to go over them with black shoe polish to get the shine back. Wear them and enjoy them!

I bought some very thin Nike no show gym socks to wear with the Zaras.  Will try them out again tonight....Thanks for your encouragment...D

10 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Well, the leather seems like good quality anyway.  I didn't pay that much for them, $125.  Wore them quite a bit the other day in Ft. Myers, I think they are stretching out, will find out tonight when I attempt to put them on again!

Probably won't rehome them, they are growing on me....  Yeah, I have some peculiar worries indeed...  Like Mom always said:  "you are your own worst enemy"....

Your advice is spot on buddy....Oh well...

I bought some very thin Nike no show gym socks to wear with the Zaras.  Will try them out again tonight....Thanks for your encouragment...D

I learned that the hard way. Unless they are strappy sandals I don't bother anymore with Zara heels, boots or flats. I'm normally a size EU41 in my male shoes, yet their size EU42 ballerinas squeeze my feet. EU42 pumps are out of the question other then room decoration. Even their leggings I have to order one size up.

• Like 1

I have a few boots and honestly have almost always found that fitting them was difficult. Boots require fitting the entire foot, ankle, and depending on the style much more. By nature they will be less likely to fit as well as shoes.

• 1 year later...
On 11/2/2020 at 1:18 PM, pebblesf said:

Great looking boots. I'd love some zara boots/heels myself :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NrthEastHeel said:

Great looking boots. I'd love some zara boots/heels myself :)

They seem to be of decent quality, but make sure they are returnable if they don't fit properly.