Public Escapades of Kjones92

Kjones92

Today was my third time out in public in heels and I wore my 3.5 inch "kin John Lewis" mules, skin tight jeans and black jacket. I went shopping at Primark in Oxford street primarily.

Repainted my toes before setting off, and Initially I wore my black ballet flats with a golden bow to a local supermarket, then changed into heels once I got on the bus to central London. 

Within a minute off hitting the streets I could feel the difference of walking outside but my final bus stop was a  few hundred metres from the store, so not a big deal once I was indoors.

The fear and nerves quickly went away once inside the store (which is one of the biggest), but it wasn't busy. I didn't care much about being seen or outed as a guy, I embraced it. I think even with a face mask on people can generally tell if your a guy anyway.

I arrived at the store 30 mins late at least thus did not have enough time to try on some of the items I have planned on purchasing. But I took the initiative to interact with several staff and asked for help when necessary.

I have bought two womens jumpers/tops and some tights/ hose. I can always return them to any store if the size is not a ideal for the tops. But in future the plan is to shop and try clothes on in some from now. It was much easier than I thought and not that big of a deal. Even browsed the handbags and other items, and all the way through my time there there was zero shame and guilt.

All those regular outings in flats are paying off, I had to earn that confidence. Just like with flats I like the heels on full display too. On the buses back home I kept the heels on and took a longer route so I could strut home for a longer distance and get some more mileage on the streets. 

Early on in my outings I've worn ethier a skirt and a handbag a couple of times (with flats) but I wasn't quite ready for that at the time, but I feel that I'm very close to being ready now. 

I will stay in the 3 - 3.5 inch range for block and stiletto heels for a while until I'm ready for the 4 inch heels from the  previous heel outing. I wont be buying many for heels for a long time since I have a lot already nearly all in the 4-6 inch range.

I still fear bumping into someone I know or who can recognise me. But I plan on becoming more daring in the coming  weeks and months in terms of my overall outfits.  Finally I need to develop a structured routine and schedule for outings in general and shopping to make things easier and more normal, as I have a busier schedule these days.

With the threat of another lockdown and of more high street stores going bust there is  a slight sence of urgency and no longer do I have to look through shop windows thinking I wish had the balls to shop in there.

The outing was at least 3.5 hours overall from when I left the house and there was a lot of click clak between geting off the bus intially to the store  and returning home. I like the sound!!! 😂

Lastly I still revist/read the comments after my initial posts from time to time and appreciate the input and feedback.

20200928_203129_compress0.thumb.jpg.228c24b1680fa9b6bd94421ea42043c8.jpg20200928_225356_compress72.thumb.jpg.33816f32617641e3637fecc2b0af6f0c.jpg20200928_234602_compress2.thumb.jpg.eb75e650421d94bc2a8c8c1d90fcd173.jpg20200928_234720_compress74.thumb.jpg.90a01d0f0b8e7feff4047e8130e78fee.jpg

Edited by Kjones92
  • Like 7

Sounds like a great plan! If you are shopping for skirts, I find it's much easier doing so whilst wearing one. Like whilst in heels, the worry of wearing a skirt just goes away, just sit carefully on the train if opposite someone on the Underground.  If you do bump into someone you know, don't worry. So now they know. Most people have got too much going on in their lives to care for other people's clothes :) 

A longer straight skirt like the one pictured is good for cooler days, it's wet and wild the next few days. Denims go unnoticed too. Zara do some nice ones. A decent outfit goes well with heels. 

Lockdown may be back in weeks so get shopping! 😄

F8057802-66CE-4ED2-8E72-BED4B176485E.jpeg.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

Sounds like a great plan! If you are shopping for skirts, I find it's much easier doing so whilst wearing one. Like whilst in heels, the worry of wearing a skirt just goes away, just sit carefully on the train if opposite someone on the Underground.  If you do bump into someone you know, don't worry. So now they know. Most people have got too much going on in their lives to care for other people's clothes :)

A longer straight skirt like the one pictured is good for cooler days, it's wet and wild the next few days. Denims go unnoticed too. Zara do some nice ones. A decent outfit goes well with heels. 

Lockdown may be back in weeks so get shopping! 😄

F8057802-66CE-4ED2-8E72-BED4B176485E.jpeg.jpg

Yeah I'm annoyed about the forcasted rain over the next 7 days or so. Im going shopping anyway maybe 2 outings. Flats are not the best in wet weather, temperature wise they are still okay for now. I might wear my trainers instead intially, then change into my heels on my way there.

Yes, Im buying some skirts (my current ones from Ebay are a little too bold or short for my second outing in a skirt), but I'm shopping on a budget so either Primark, thrift shops or  anyplaces currently with big sales or discounts. Looking to buy some leather leggins 1 or two dresses appropriate for autumn/winter, a few pairs of boots at some points this month. 

I also have a lot Credits on JustFab from  ages ago I need to use.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kjones92 said:

Yeah I'm annoyed about the forcasted rain over the next 7 days or so. Im going shopping anyway maybe 2 outings. Flats are not the best in wet weather, temperature wise they are still okay for now. I might wear my trainers instead intially, then change into my heels on my way there.

Yes, Im buying some skirts (my current ones from Ebay are a little too bold or short for my second outing in a skirt), but I'm shopping on a budget so either Primark, thrift shops or  anyplaces currently with big sales or discounts. Looking to buy some leather leggins 1 or two dresses appropriate for autumn/winter, a few pairs of boots at some points this month. 

I also have a lot Credits on JustFab from  ages ago I need to use.

The rain for tomorrow seems to be just showers, there are good thrift shops on local high streets, (some right next to each other!). For designer stuff, Hatfield Galleria has outlet stores and a huge TK Maxx (TJ Maxx to our US friends). Don't watch for mouthy schoolkids, they have seen it all before. It's just clothes... People are more concerned with what mask you have on, rather than what skirt 😏 so even a short royal blue A line wouldn't raise eyebrows. It's easier to browse for skirts whilst in one (It's tights weather now)... Most staff just want a sale. I think the formal office wear is good, knee length, though not all sizes are accurate... most thrift or charity shops have decent boots too. A chunky heel will prevent any slips.

Primark stuff only lasts a short time, you may be better going to charity shops like Traid. This was in H&M for only £17, well worth a look! 

Saturday is now the wash-out day... :)

hmgoepprod.jpeg-1.jpg

Edited by SkirtDude
  • Like 1

Made another outing today this evening, spent 2 hours in Primark and bought more items, Including a black synthetic leather jacket, wet look leggins, dark blue leggins on sale,  1 short / 1 midi denim skirts and the block heel boots shown in the pics.

I will return the leggins and swap for a smaller size or different item since they are not tight enough for my liking.  I wanted to try items on, but due to the pandemic changings room are out of use. 

Initially I wore flats (since it wasn't raining) to match my ladies jumper I bought the other day, skinny Jean's , a black jacket and 40 denier tights under jeans. I changed and wore the heels to match out the store and this was better also due to the rain outside.  Might get the black ones and 3 inch stilettos soon.

Felt comfortable communicating with female staff, but avoided some of the guys. But what's strange is that in my initial outings or  sometimes since I've been going out I have been more nervous of women noticing. These days I dont care as much about strangers (still do a bit), its mainly the fear of people I know or who can recognise me.

I'm going to try others stores in future outings to complete my wardrobe, but buying less items at a time, need to keep an eye on my budget. 

20201003_235513_compress8.thumb.jpg.80c0a1a6ee1b80b5b46651576cc333ac.jpg20201003_235707_compress92.thumb.jpg.0621a9fa53c06c7ce357cf19a26fedad.jpg20201003_235712_compress82.thumb.jpg.01c02a9ae5623d2a0639246ed5d447b1.jpg

On 10/1/2020 at 11:36 PM, SkirtDude said:

The rain for tomorrow seems to be just showers, there are good thrift shops on local high streets, (some right next to each other!). For designer stuff, Hatfield Galleria has outlet stores and a huge TK Maxx (TJ Maxx to our US friends). Don't watch for mouthy schoolkids, they have seen it all before. It's just clothes... People are more concerned with what mask you have on, rather than what skirt 😏 so even a short royal blue A line wouldn't raise eyebrows. It's easier to browse for skirts whilst in one (It's tights weather now)... Most staff just want a sale. I think the formal office wear is good, knee length, though not all sizes are accurate... most thrift or charity shops have decent boots too. A chunky heel will prevent any slips.

Primark stuff only lasts a short time, you may be better going to charity shops like Traid. This was in H&M for only £17, well worth a look! 

Saturday is now the wash-out day... :)

hmgoepprod.jpeg-1.jpg

Yeah the quality and durabilty is not the best, as I've noticed from experience buying guy clothes. But Primark is not my main go to place medium to long term, however the jacket in my pic is from Primark from almost 2 years ago.

It was just an obvious initial choice as I'm still experimenting and learning more about female fashion, did not want to spend too much initially and felt more comfortable going there than other places,but that's not an issue now I've had some experience. 

Top Shop, New Look,Tkmaxx and M & S are my preferred choices. I should have gone as soon as lockdown was lifted in July  since some places had 70% sales, but mentally I wasn't ready then. Well see what black Friday brings.

Edited by Kjones92
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Kjones92 said:

Made another outing today this evening, spent 2 hours in Primark and bought more items, Including a black synthetic leather jacket, wet look leggins, dark blue leggins on sale,  1 short / 1 midi denim skirts and the block heel boots shown in the pics.

I will return the leggins and swap for a smaller size or different item since they are not tight enough for my liking.  I wanted to try items on, but due to the pandemic changings room are out of use. 

Initially I wore flats (since it wasn't raining) to match my ladies jumper I bought the other day, skinny Jean's , a black jacket and 40 denier tights under jeans. I changed and wore the heels to match out the store and this was better also due to the rain outside.  Might get the black ones and 3 inch stilettos soon.

Felt comfortable communicating with female staff, but avoided some of the guys. But what's strange is that in my initial outings or  sometimes since I've been going out I have been more nervous of women noticing. These days I dont care as much about strangers (still do a bit), its mainly the fear of people I know or who can recognise me.

I'm going to try others stores in future outings to complete my wardrobe, but buying less items at a time, need to keep an eye on my budget. 

20201003_235513_compress8.thumb.jpg.80c0a1a6ee1b80b5b46651576cc333ac.jpg20201003_235707_compress92.thumb.jpg.0621a9fa53c06c7ce357cf19a26fedad.jpg20201003_235712_compress82.thumb.jpg.01c02a9ae5623d2a0639246ed5d447b1.jpg

Yeah the quality and durabilty is not the best, as I've noticed from experience buying guy clothes. But Primark is not my main go to place medium to long term, however the jacket in my pic is from Primark from almost 2 years ago.

It was just an obvious initial choice as I'm still experimenting and learning more about female fashion, did not want to spend too much initially and felt more comfortable going there than other places,but that's not an issue now I've had some experience. 

Top Shop, New Look,Tkmaxx and M & S are my preferred choices. I should have gone as soon as lockdown was lifted in July  since some places had 70% sales, but mentally I wasn't ready then. Well see what black Friday brings.

You look great with those leggings and boots on! If you know your skirt size (I'm 10), take a gamble on ebay. Warehouse and Zara are my go-to for smart pencil skirts, I prefer knee-length, but now autumn is here, slightly longer midi's like 27 inch with a decent rear vent for walking. Boots are in plentiful supply on ebay as well. I like your top as well. Try out your midi denim skirt on a shopping trip further afield if you don't want to run into anyone you know. Intu Watford is an hour away by train (10 mins from Euston to Watford Junction) with lots of shops. Plenty of thrift shops as well. Black Friday may be good, but there's also Cyber Monday to follow.  Would like to see what your denims (midi or mini) look like. Be bold and just walk out there as if in jeans or leggings. They would go well with your jacket, too :)

• Like 1