Who else is enjoying the new forum skin?

Count me as unimpressed. No improvement on the the jumping pop ups, no improvement on the notifications. A minor irrelevant change to textures and improvement to a small extent on replies. A better improvement for replies would block image replication all together. I get users are too lazy to only reply texts costing the sight lots of memory, but still showing half images is just stupid.

4 hours ago, Chorlini said:

The one improvement to the forum I would really really REALLY want is that when you click on a thread you immediately go to the place where you've last been. Instead of the beginning of a thread.

Pretty sure i see that functionality now.

47 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Just wish we could have a chat feature/site here.....But, realize this is probably very expensive...

there is the built-in mailer. Not chat per-se. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2020 at 1:17 PM, pebblesf said:

Just wish we could have a chat feature/site here.....But, realize this is probably very expensive...

It is indeed. Its very CPU intensive. Tried it several years ago and it was very problematic.

On 9/25/2020 at 9:08 AM, Chorlini said:

The one improvement to the forum I would really really REALLY want is that when you click on a thread you immediately go to the place where you've last been. Instead of the beginning of a thread.

Already been a facility since Feb. Click on your name in the top right, then "Settings" > Content View Bahaviour.

HHP-Upgrade.PNG

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• 6 months later...

I think it must have been sympathetically done, because I hadn't really realised that it had been, which, for someone like me is a good thing.  I find I know my way round and can find where I want to be easily enough.  As ever, Tech, thank you for a lot of unappreciated work.  As regards what Chorlini says, I thought it took you to the latest post, from which I scroll back.  I'm used to reading British comics like The Beano and The Dandy, which were so laid out that the cover story was front and back, after which you'd read the comic backwards.  I think that was common too with newspapers; read the front page, read the sports results then work backwards.  My real point is that, even if it isn't an entirely cultural thing, it's a personal thing.  You'll never please everyone.

The internet allows us as many ways in as does a paper daily.  If Mum wanted me to do something for her online I always had to log out first and go in my way.  It's knowing that the routes in are pretty much our own.  With the local paper I might chose to do front page, sports, then obits, to see if I know anyone dead.  Or I might go to page two and read of blocked drains.  The thing is, the local paper is relatively simple and you're making this interactive in a way the paper doesn't have to be, whilst keeping it usable in the same way.  I admire you for that.  Award yourself a pat on the back.  You run a site where one doesn't expect to meet, nor ever does, with unpleasantness, which I think is something to be proud of.  Well done.

To stay on topic, yes, I'm perfectly happy with the changes.

• Like 1