An Unexpected Benefit From Wearing Heels in Public

mlroseplant

On 9/10/2021 at 5:03 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Chorlini, Digging up some old posts. Dated responses.

Pebblesf, too bad you didn't actually approach him, sure he'd appreciate it. I know I do and think you do too.

Well, the subject of my boots has surely been discussed, but usually in an argumentative setting.  He does not approve or think I look good, ridicules me for wearing regular cowboy boots....  I think he realizes my boots aren't going away, so the topic just isn't discussed and the boots aren't left out in the open for him to see.  Not great, I know....It is a shame for sure.   

On 9/10/2021 at 11:03 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Chorlini, Digging up some old posts. Dated responses.

Pebblesf, too bad you didn't actually approach him, sure he'd appreciate it. I know I do and think you do too.

That's what you can get when someone else digs up old threads.

• Like 1

This has been hashed over before at this site, but I have been fond of gals shoes for as long as I can remember.  I met my beautiful wife in 1978 and we were married 3 years later.  When we met I was actively wearing gals flat sandals all the time and made no attempt to "hide" that fact from her.  Surprisingly, she never made any comments initially, but after a few dates she did ask why the shoes.  I told her that I liked them, and that some pair have a unisex look as well.  I eventually bought her a few pair of matching or similar style sandals that we wore together, and our fiends thought it was, er "cute."  

It was not until about 12 years into the marriage I caught the high heel bug (after a business trip to Argentina where there were lots of heels and I was traveling with two gals who loved shoes - that did not help), and purchased my first pair of heels when I got back home.  When I showed the wife my heels she was surprised but accepting, as long as I kept the heel height to 3 inches or less, which was fine with me, I don't really like higher heels anyway.  

Take away.  I am very glad that I made my thoughts and feelings about gals shoes early on (before marriage) in the relationship.  Today we joke often about my fondness for gals shoes and sandals and I tell her that she made the wrong decision when she chose me, a guy who wears gals shoes.  She usually smiles and tells me that she loves me the way I am.  Then we put on some nice heels and go out to dinner.  Nice.  Have fun all, enjoy your heels.   sf

And, to the original point of this thread, I have never been stopped by the police because I was wearing heels.  Wearing heels is not a crime, at least not in the United States. Unfortunately it may be in other countries.  

Personally for me, I have to worry about the "fashion police" as I call my wife and two daughters.  Busted......

sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 10/1/2020 at 2:43 PM, p1ng74 said:

Perfect, all the more reason to wear heels.  There is no arguing that wearing heels will make a man taller, and I would argue that they also make a man stronger and progressive looking.  

I agree buddy, but I guess there are two ways of looking at it...I chose to think that a guy that has the confidence to wear heels in public really shows that he is comfortable in his skin, not worried about being judged by the usual social norms.  These qualities spell masculinity to me for sure.  I feel amazing while out and about in my boots...Still plenty of work to do, but have progressed a great deal from not too many years ago....

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 11:41 AM, pebblesf said:

...I chose to think that a guy that has the confidence to wear heels in public really shows that he is comfortable in his skin, not worried about being judged by the usual social norms.  

Pebbles...   My job had me being judged on pretty much everything I did, all the time.  Got used to it, and got me (like you?) very "comfy" in my skin.  At first I stressed out over it, but after a while it became the norm, sort of like wearing heels in public....   Smile....   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"