An Unexpected Benefit From Wearing Heels in Public

mlroseplant

I went on my morning constitutional at about 6:30 a.m., something which I have been trying to do more regularly as of late. I actually had a mission on this particular morning, I went to drop off a check for my utility bill, which is administered by my city. They have a drop box about a mile from my house, so there is no need to put it through the mail, if one chooses.

I was walking to the drop box in the semi-darkness of daybreak. Normally, on a Sunday morning, our town is dead quiet, with hardly anybody about, and practically no traffic. However, this morning, I noticed a number of police cars driving around, and one in particular stopped at a house and the officer got out and was shining a flashlight (torch, for our British brethren) around a few houses. I thought, "Hmmm, that's funny. I wonder what's going on?" The police officer paid me no heed as I walked by. Several minutes later, another police officer drove by me, rolled down his window and asked me if I had seen anybody sneaking around, and gave a description of the fellow that they had evidently gotten a call about. I had not seen anything out of the ordinary, but it occurred to me that, dressed as I was and usually am, the chances of the police mistaking me for somebody else are probably pretty slim. The officer was obviously not hassling me, only wanting to know if I'd seen anything. It had never occurred to me that I might actually be safer walking in my town in high heels!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

..... I went to drop off a check for my utility bill, which is administered by my city. They have a drop box about a mile from my house, so there is no need to put it through the mail, if one chooses.

How quaint. In the UK cheques (as we say over here) are now hardly used. I haven't written one for several years. Utility bills are usually paid by direct debit, or failing that by bank transfer.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, at9 said:

How quaint. In the UK cheques (as we say over here) are now hardly used. I haven't written one for several years. Utility bills are usually paid by direct debit, or failing that by bank transfer.

Cheque. I had forgotten the British spelling for some reason. It's funny you should mention the novelty of writing a cheque, because this particular bill is the only bill I have left that I don't pay online. I could very easily pay it online, as the City has updated its billing system a number of years ago. However, I have forgotten my password, and somehow it just seems easier to write out a check every month and hike down to the drop box. It's not, I know, but the shit gets paid either way. It's just my own peculiar take on a tiny slice of life, I guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluejay said:

Going to the bank or paying a bill in person is another way to get out heeling. I do it all the time and I enjoy my adventures.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Yes, I do take that opportunity also. But my original point was that if somebody robbed the bank, and the police showed up, they would not suspect you or me for even a second. Well, unless somebody called in that "some guy wearing high heels just robbed the bank." In that case, I guess it would work to our disadvantage.

• Like 1

My favorite side benny is tge unsolicited positive comments from strange women and the conversations that sometimes results. I wished I was public in my late teens and twenties. Who knows how much more fun i could've had. ;-)

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

My favorite side benny is tge unsolicited positive comments from strange women and the conversations that sometimes results. I wished I was public in my late teens and twenties. Who knows how much more fun i could've had. ;-)

Yes, I've had that lament as well, but I wonder if it would have been awful more than it would have been wonderful. I think it probably would have been, just because of the time. I know I didn't have the mental fortitude to take the kind of abuse I would have gotten in the 80s.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2020 at 4:44 PM, Jkrenzer said:

On 9/24/2020 at 12:04 PM, mlroseplant said:

Yes, I've had that lament as well, but I wonder if it would have been awful more than it would have been wonderful. I think it probably would have been, just because of the time. I know I didn't have the mental fortitude to take the kind of abuse I would have gotten in the 80s.

I am not convinced that getting positive female comments and conversations regarding your heeling would lead to more romantic interests. Overall I am still firmly convinced that while women say they applaud men getting their heeling on, that does not mean that they want their man to wear heels. Overall women have not changed in what they want in a mate by neither feminism or social justice. They still want the man to be taller, stronger (mentally and physically), have more social status and make more money then they do. It's not for nothing that they complain where all the good men have gone, even though there are plenty of single good men (by our standards) to be had. They just don't meet those criteria. Begrudging acceptance if you meet those criteria first seems to be the best most people here can hope for, judging by what I read.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chorlini said:

I am not convinced that getting positive female comments and conversations regarding your heeling would lead to more romantic interests. Overall I am still firmly convinced that while women say they applaud men getting their heeling on, that does not mean that they want their man to wear heels. Overall women have not changed in what they want in a mate by neither feminism or social justice. They still want the man to be taller, stronger (mentally and physically), have more social status and make more money then they do. It's not for nothing that they complain where all the good men have gone, even though there are plenty of single good men (by our standards) to be had. They just don't meet those criteria. Begrudging acceptance if you meet those criteria first seems to be the best most people here can hope for, judging by what I read.

I fully agree with most of this. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chorlini said:

Oh, I don't doubt that my romantic prospects would have been tougher as a heel wearing young man. But if I had grown up in an environment like today, where kids really do not seem to give a flip about my choice of footwear, I would have had a lot more fun in life in general, though not necessarily with the girls. That's my take on it, anyway.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 5:54 AM, Chorlini said:

They still want the man to be taller, stronger (mentally and physically), have more social status and make more money then they do.

Perfect, all the more reason to wear heels.  There is no arguing that wearing heels will make a man taller, and I would argue that they also make a man stronger and progressive looking.  

• Like 1

So I have a dating profile in which I state that I often wear 4+ inch heels for pain relieve. Better to know up front...why would I waste my time (and money) pursuing a women who couldn't handle it.

Here's an excerpt from last night:  "I’m not sure I’m totally comfortable with that, maybe I’m weird but my mental picture looks like a lady boy like we see in Thailand,...." 

She's too closed minded, too conservative/traditional in her thinking. Better to know now than later.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cali said:

So I have a dating profile in which I state that I often wear 4+ inch heels for pain relieve. Better to know up front...why would I waste my time (and money) pursuing a women who couldn't handle it.

Here's an excerpt from last night:  "I’m not sure I’m totally comfortable with that, maybe I’m weird but my mental picture looks like a lady boy like we see in Thailand,...." 

She's too closed minded, too conservative/traditional in her thinking. Better to know now than later.

Try not to spook a gal with mentioning your heel wearing. Gather information about a female that she isn't about showing you off to the public like some trophy. If you can find that gal who doesn't care about her peers opinions of her man then best bet she learn to tolerate your heel wearing. 

Not saying you should go out find hermit that has no social life or friends and family to think of. Although odds are she take anything that may come her way as positive.  

If you go out saying you belch, fart, chain smoke and like to get drunk every night. Most gals can't be attracted to that scene. It's all about showing your best traits once female learns more about you she can disregard things that upset her because they outweigh the benefits you bring into her life. 

Don't be fooled into thinking a female giving you thumbs up or applause seeing you wear heels can be potential mate. Often females want to be PC and positive no matter the person they observe. What do they care if you like wearing heels in public. These ladies have other relationships and types that are superficial  but use you to prove themselves they are open minded kind people understanding males hardship for lifestyle they find alternative to mainstream only they feel don't come over to her backyard.  

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Thanks 1

Macky, you really hate women or don't trust or whatever.

Cali, is right, be up front. Women are not deeper thinkers than men and just as carnal. My experience in the last 20 yrs has been women are impressed by a guy with the balls to wear heels in non drag just because they want to. My problem, i wasted 20 yrs before i figured that out.

• Like 1

It's also cheaper, why spend money on someone who can't cope with "her man wears heels."  I not into bait and switch. If a woman does that I'm out the door.  You can't start a relationship based on a myth.

mlroseplant,

Good point about law enforcement NOT mistaking you for someone else on their radar that day. This does not mean they do not already know about you. I've been to your town and it's neither large nor complicated so I would bet they know of you but, as you said, they were not giving you a hard time. The vast vast vast majority of law enforcement are trained to be observant and courteous and are not scheming to make everyone's life miserable. Despite some reports cops are out there planning and scheming to keep some people down the fact is when the shit hits the fan it is the professionals of law enforcement who answer the call in the middle of the night to respond to an accident in all types of weather, will dispatch world-class medical equipment and personnel to attend to the wounded, and run into certain danger while others run away. Whilst our system needs some reform and fine-tuning I would point out over my career in immigration and federal law enforcement in general I was always amazed how many countries sent law enforcement personnel to the United States for training in a multitude of disciplines from critical incident response, to hostage negotiation, to advanced firearms training, pursuit driving,etc. A nation doesn't send their citizens to get trained unless  they feel they are getting the very best training available. That was one of those things I remembered throughout my career. I got a lot of patches that way just from meeting others from around the world. Many of them were crazy about Border Patrol stuff!  Just let it be said though I never rode a horse on patrol in heels. Can't maneuvre too well in the sand! HappyinHeels

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, a horse in heels would be very unusual....

Horses, by their very physiological nature, spend their lives in heels. Sort of.

3 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

mlroseplant,

Good point about law enforcement NOT mistaking you for someone else on their radar that day. This does not mean they do not already know about you. I've been to your town and it's neither large nor complicated so I would bet they know of you but, as you said, they were not giving you a hard time.

If they don't know me by sight (I'm not saying necessarily by name), they're not paying attention. I have recent experience that they don't know that much about me, though. In many ways, it's definitely not the same place I grew up in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

mlroseplant,

Good point about law enforcement NOT mistaking you for someone else on their radar that day. This does not mean they do not already know about you. I've been to your town and it's neither large nor complicated so I would bet they know of you but, as you said, they were not giving you a hard time. The vast vast vast majority of law enforcement are trained to be observant and courteous and are not scheming to make everyone's life miserable. Despite some reports cops are out there planning and scheming to keep some people down the fact is when the shit hits the fan it is the professionals of law enforcement who answer the call in the middle of the night to respond to an accident in all types of weather, will dispatch world-class medical equipment and personnel to attend to the wounded, and run into certain danger while others run away. Whilst our system needs some reform and fine-tuning I would point out over my career in immigration and federal law enforcement in general I was always amazed how many countries sent law enforcement personnel to the United States for training in a multitude of disciplines from critical incident response, to hostage negotiation, to advanced firearms training, pursuit driving,etc. A nation doesn't send their citizens to get trained unless  they feel they are getting the very best training available. That was one of those things I remembered throughout my career. I got a lot of patches that way just from meeting others from around the world. Many of them were crazy about Border Patrol stuff!  Just let it be said though I never rode a horse on patrol in heels. Can't maneuvre too well in the sand! HappyinHeels

I feel badly for law enforcement officers.  This country seems to swing from one extreme to the other, the happy medium eludes us.  There will always be a few bad apples, just like in any other profession.  The difficult job ahead is just how to weed out the bad apples.  Unfortunately, there will be many false claims made against good officers, perhaps the bod cams will help out.  I get accused of racial profiling just working on the plane, I just do my best to minimize contact when these situations come up....But, officers do not have this option....  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 8:31 AM, mlroseplant said:

Was just trying to think of more unexpected advantages of wearing heels, and the only thing that comes to mind at the moment is that, even wearing a mask, people recognize you. That may or may not be an advantage.

I have to admit that wearing a mask has given me more freedom to explore places I currently would not consider to go wearing high heels... or even some more feminine attires. 

• Like 3

I had the same feeling. I am afraid it’s just an illusion. Mouth expression is of course as important as eyes . 

But more for ourselves.

Face mask,sunglasses,bonnet,then we could be unrecognizable. But so weird that got immediately noticed.  

• 10 months later...

Spending 12 days in Honolulu on vacation, really missing my boots...

Today, while out and about, I saw a tall young man wearing a real nice pair of black patent leather ankle boots with 4" heels.  I stepped up my pace to catch up with his group.....Passed him by, and complimented his boots while looking back at him.  He didn't notice because of the usual phone distractions....One of his female friends nudged him telling him about my compliment.  He apologized and thanked me.  I told him not to worry, and that I didn't want to seem "creepy" by stopping him and forcing a conversation.   Wish I could have taken a photo, but that would have been creepy....

• Like 3

8 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Spending 12 days in Honolulu on vacation, really missing my boots...

Today, while out and about, I saw a tall young man wearing a real nice pair of black patent leather ankle boots with 4" heels.  I stepped up my pace to catch up with his group.....Passed him by, and complimented his boots while looking back at him.  He didn't notice because of the usual phone distractions....One of his female friends nudged him telling him about my compliment.

Wow a public man in heels sighting. Were they a block heel like Siro or were they thin? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cali said:

What's wrong with you @pebblesf, go on vacation and don't take any heels?  sacrilege!🙃🤣🤣

Guilty as charged......The things we do (or don't bring) to keep the peace....

13 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Wow a public man in heels sighting. Were they a block heel like Siro or were they thin? Inquiring minds want to know.

They were block heel with pointed toes, and looked great, was so envious....

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 11:28 PM, Cali said:

Normal female behavior. Again, they're fine with men wearing heels, because the groupthink tells them they should say that. No way in hell most woman want their man to wear them. This is just the way it is. Trying to shame them by calling them close minded or conservative won't work because women invented shaming others to do their thing. They know that game better then we do.

On the flipside though, putting it in your dating profile could be a good thing as it will weed out the chaff. Then again, unless we're built like Greek Gods most of us are already severely handicapped with online dating. It tends to make people there superficial as f***. It's all about the looks. The 80/20 rule in action.

On 10/1/2020 at 8:43 PM, p1ng74 said:

Perfect, all the more reason to wear heels.  There is no arguing that wearing heels will make a man taller, and I would argue that they also make a man stronger and progressive looking.  

You go think that. I'll go scientist and take notes of your success. Based on what I have read 99% of the men here with a significant other only told them after they were already dating they wear heels. Sometimes early into the relationship, sometimes only after they were married. I can't remember much stories of men who already wore heels upfront getting dates and relationships. Should be interesting to found out though from a scientific POV. And these days with all the weirdos progressive is the LAST thing I would want to look.

• Like 1