Hello from Finland, new to this forum

Selina

On 9/1/2020 at 4:00 AM, Selina said:

I've always wondered why someone (mostly other women) would bother themselves with telling me that being feminine and wearing high heels is wrong etc.

Jealousy,. They can't wear/walk/whatever so nobody else should.

Just keep on be yourself and let the others eat cake.   Welcome. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Welcome, Selina. Interesting you mention being criticized by other women, as I have had the impression women in general are much more tolerant. Could be someone just had a bad day and is feeling jealous as she cannot master such heels.  Speaking of myself, I'm also in southern Finland in a big city, in my 50s now, and have had some sort of shoe fetish all my life. For about 10 years have mostly been wearing shoes or boots with 5-10cm block heel. Can manage with even higher better than my wife or teenage daughters, to their surprise. But anyway, not a single time have I noticed any strange looks or heard criticism. Men perhaps just don't notice and women don't feel jealous to a man wearing modest heels.

1 hour ago, Micce said:

Men perhaps just don't notice and women don't feel jealous to a man wearing modest heels.

Women do feel jealous of a man in high heels.  I have had many women tell me so.

I don’t understand why they would jealous.  Normal reaction to seeing a man wearing stylish high heels would be,  in my opinion, “there is something psychologically amiss with that guy!”

• Haha 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

They are jealous because I can wear heels and walk in them with ease and they "claim" they can't.  When I use to go "in" to work, some women were impressed by the number of different heels I would wear telling me they only have a few pairs themselves.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Cali said:

They are jealous because I can wear heels and walk in them with ease and they "claim" they can't.  When I use to go "in" to work, some women were impressed by the number of different heels I would wear telling me they only have a few pairs themselves.

I have had the same thing happen to me many times--a woman claiming she is jealous of me because of my heeling abilities. You know and I know that they are not actually jealous. Sure, they use the word, but it's not accurate, and it's not happening. Perhaps it is a mild feeling of envy, but it's certainly not jealousy. If it were jealousy, they wouldn't even be talking to you, much less flirting and joking with you.

On 9/1/2020 at 4:00 AM, Selina said:

Hello everyone!

My name is Selina, I'm a 29-year-old woman, and I live in Southern Finland. I work in a software company as a full-time job. I love photographing and making music (although I'm not particularily good at it :D)

In high school I began to discover myself and my fetishes. For some reason, I found that wearing impractical clothes turned (and still turn) me on quite a bit, and since then, the only footwear that I have worn (apart from exercising) has been high heels.

Because I like their impracticality, I always have worn heels as high as possible, and without platforms (a perfect height for me is a one where I can barely walk in them). Initally, I started with about 6 cm in high school, and currently I'm wearing some 16 cm pumps at work (I'm writing this on my lunch hour).

I also practise tightlacing, my waist being around 55 cm. 

I've always wondered why someone (mostly other women) would bother themselves with telling me that being feminine and wearing high heels is wrong etc. For example, once I was riding a subway (before the whole COVID) while wearing a fairly short and demanding skirt, paired with some office pumps. Suddenly a lady sat in right next to me and said how she's disgusted that I reinforce the patriarchate with my appearance and I'm a bad role model to my kids and so on. Guess how nice that was...

I'm so glad to meet with y'all – I really hope that here my tastes won't be judged like in real life.

S

Envy is a hell of a drug, part of the individuation process.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...