Taking The Plunge

JeffB

My personal journey from mere fancier of high heels to full blown fashion freestyler has taken numerous twists and turns over the last several years, some I anticipated and considered part of a natural progression, others took me quite by surprise, leading me to simply roll with the course provided me. If I’ve said this once, I’ve said it a thousand times, these days, I’m all about the COMPLETE outfit, not just the shoes, and I go to great lengths to make sure I look my very best from head to toe, that held especially true when it came to tops.

When I decided to pair the skirts I began wearing regularly with women’s tops, I was careful to opt for demure offerings when it came to necklines for outfits I wore in the spring and summer. Nothing at all racy or exposing, at first, being presentable and blending in with my surroundings was of utmost importance, I was okay at first with simple shirts and polos which, ironically enough, were nearly indistinguishable from the male variety, from there, I moved on to more feminine looking blouses which I liked because they were pretty. Next up were tank tops, and this was where I started becoming a tad bolder, exposing not just my arms but my chest, though not too much, this was a look I quickly came to like, also, taking into account how hot and sticky summers got in my neck of the woods, tanks provided comfort, however, over time, I was starting to think that wasn’t enough, that I needed to take what I felt was the next and most logical step when it came to tops....the camisole.

Seeing girls and women wearing camisoles, I thought to myself, I could make that work and was eager to try one. So, while on a trip in South Jersey, I swung by the Sears in the Moorestown Mall (sadly, it’s now closed), I bought a couple of camis, one in white, another in black and was both intrigued, and a wee bit intimidated by them. The combination of the spaghetti thin straps and deep plunge exposed more of my upper body than I thought, I won’t deny I was particularly leery about the plunge in front and how that might be perceived when wearing it in public, while I like to show off, I didn’t want to be perceived as an exhibitionist, still, I liked what I saw, on top of that, I felt a rush from how daring it was to wear a top that showed so much. Predictably, when I went on a jaunt wearing a cami, no one took notice, and that gave me the courage to undertake more outings in not just them, but in cami strap dresses as well, and a brand new fashion horizon had opened to me.

Today, I’m no longer intimidated by wearing any sort of top or dress with thin straps and a deep plunge, in fact, I love them. Sure, while the overall effect isn’t as pronounced for a flat chested guy as it would for a woman, I still appreciate how bold and daring the look is, and I have zero problem showing it off no matter where I happen to go. Of course, I have to present disclaimers in that wearing low cut tops or dresses isn’t for every guy, especially those who are, shall we say, more hirsute than others, I’m lucky to be hairless, otherwise I wouldn’t dream of wearing such tops. So yeah, as the title of this article says, I’ve taken the plunge with low cut  tops, and it’s a hell of a lot of fun!

Plunge.jpg

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I really don't have the body for low-cut tops, but I've picked up overalls which have a more square style that I feel like I can incorporate into layers. 

IMG_9540x.thumb.jpg.c211a9f49de778da52b7e8230b54f831.jpg

I'll wear this around the house, which is amazingly comfortable in hot weather, but when I have to get on a video call I throw a shirt over it:

• Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 4:00 AM, JeffB said:

Of course, I have to present disclaimers in that wearing low cut tops or dresses isn’t for every guy, especially those who are, shall we say, more hirsute than others, I’m lucky to be hairless, otherwise I wouldn’t dream of wearing such tops. So yeah, as the title of this article says, I’ve taken the plunge with low cut  tops, and it’s a hell of a lot of fun!

Between Esau and Jacob, I'm definitely Esau, so anything I wear is going up to my neck. I can barely keep my legs shaved well enough to wear shorts. And then to compound the problem, I am one of those guys with a permanent farmer's tan because of my job. It is rather limiting. On the other hand, I am sure my wife is very happy that I am thus limited.

On 8/26/2020 at 5:00 AM, JeffB said:

My personal journey from mere fancier of high heels to full blown fashion freestyler has taken numerous twists and turns over the last several years, some I anticipated and considered part of a natural progression, others took me quite by surprise, leading me to simply roll with the course provided me. If I’ve said this once, I’ve said it a thousand times, these days, I’m all about the COMPLETE outfit, not just the shoes, and I go to great lengths to make sure I look my very best from head to toe, that held especially true when it came to tops.

When I decided to pair the skirts I began wearing regularly with women’s tops, I was careful to opt for demure offerings when it came to necklines for outfits I wore in the spring and summer. Nothing at all racy or exposing, at first, being presentable and blending in with my surroundings was of utmost importance, I was okay at first with simple shirts and polos which, ironically enough, were nearly indistinguishable from the male variety, from there, I moved on to more feminine looking blouses which I liked because they were pretty. Next up were tank tops, and this was where I started becoming a tad bolder, exposing not just my arms but my chest, though not too much, this was a look I quickly came to like, also, taking into account how hot and sticky summers got in my neck of the woods, tanks provided comfort, however, over time, I was starting to think that wasn’t enough, that I needed to take what I felt was the next and most logical step when it came to tops....the camisole.

Seeing girls and women wearing camisoles, I thought to myself, I could make that work and was eager to try one. So, while on a trip in South Jersey, I swung by the Sears in the Moorestown Mall (sadly, it’s now closed), I bought a couple of camis, one in white, another in black and was both intrigued, and a wee bit intimidated by them. The combination of the spaghetti thin straps and deep plunge exposed more of my upper body than I thought, I won’t deny I was particularly leery about the plunge in front and how that might be perceived when wearing it in public, while I like to show off, I didn’t want to be perceived as an exhibitionist, still, I liked what I saw, on top of that, I felt a rush from how daring it was to wear a top that showed so much. Predictably, when I went on a jaunt wearing a cami, no one took notice, and that gave me the courage to undertake more outings in not just them, but in cami strap dresses as well, and a brand new fashion horizon had opened to me.

Today, I’m no longer intimidated by wearing any sort of top or dress with thin straps and a deep plunge, in fact, I love them. Sure, while the overall effect isn’t as pronounced for a flat chested guy as it would for a woman, I still appreciate how bold and daring the look is, and I have zero problem showing it off no matter where I happen to go. Of course, I have to present disclaimers in that wearing low cut tops or dresses isn’t for every guy, especially those who are, shall we say, more hirsute than others, I’m lucky to be hairless, otherwise I wouldn’t dream of wearing such tops. So yeah, as the title of this article says, I’ve taken the plunge with low cut  tops, and it’s a hell of a lot of fun!

Plunge.jpg

@JeffB the cami looks great on you! Have you tried a bra or bralette? I feel it adds a nice layer of cleavage as well as additional frill! 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 3:27 AM, mlroseplant said:

Between Esau and Jacob, I'm definitely Esau, so anything I wear is going up to my neck. I can barely keep my legs shaved well enough to wear shorts. And then to compound the problem, I am one of those guys with a permanent farmer's tan because of my job. It is rather limiting. On the other hand, I am sure my wife is very happy that I am thus limited.

I don’t want to completely derail JeffB’s post, but I have to comment - that there’s FUNNY!

Logjam

On 8/27/2020 at 6:27 AM, mlroseplant said:

I hear ya - - I'm like a multi shaded person with racing stripes.