Have high heels been in your dreams (literally)?

jeremy1986

Thought of a cute topic - have high heels featured in a dream you have had?

i'll start off. 

When I was younger (mid/late teens probably)  - I had a recurring dream of getting locked in a department store that was just down the road from me. The styles at the time were classic stiletto pumps, boots etc - the style I still like today. In my dreams, I would be locked there over night, and have nothing to do, but to go up to the 2nd floor the shoe department, and start trying them on - all night long!

• Like 4

There's three specific dreams I can remember over the years. 

The first one I believe I was in high school when it had happened. I dreamed I was wearing a pair of black high heels with white frilly socks, and I was walking around my old school. 

The second one, I dreamed that I was at a university down town wearing a very high pair of stiletos. What I remember about this dream is I was having a very difficult time walking in the heels. They either kept slipping off the backs of my feet, or the heel was wobbling. I was having to take very short steps. I walked through the library and to.the bus stop. All while hobbling around. 

The last one, i dreamed i was at a very mysterious party/thrift/antique store. There was a strange lady running the store and in the back corner were a whole bunch of high heels to try which is a rarity for me since I have pretty big feet. 

I have had dreams about wearing heels as well as the next person in here . Mine were mostly about just walking thru a normal day in them . To be honest I have more dreams about being chased by a velociraptor  , not in heels .

• Haha 1

Several have mentioned recurring dreams, apparently with at least a heel wearing general theme. I’m no psychiatrist,but isn’t there some significance to recurring dreams?

Logjam

• Like 1

Can't say that I recall any dreams centered around me in high heels.  Wish I did, as the dreams I've been having are not enjoyable.  Forgetting where I parked the car, getting separated from my wife in a crowd and can't find her, stuff like that, and I wake up agitated.  Not fun.  Heel dreams would likely be fun!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 1:44 PM, dww said:

Yes I have had a few dreams about wearing high heels, and I do dream a lot loads of different subjects.

Do share then 🙂

On 8/18/2020 at 10:48 PM, Logjam said:

Several have mentioned recurring dreams, apparently with at least a heel wearing general theme. I’m no psychiatrist,but isn’t there some significance to recurring dreams?

Logjam

Yup... For sure. We're on the high heel forum, right? ;-)

20 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I can honestly say that I've never had a dream about wearing high heels, which is very weird, since I spend a lot of time and energy on them. I've had a lot of daydreams about heels, does that count?

Mmmm kinda. My thinking was more about the subconscious

8 hours ago, RonC said:

Can't say that I recall any dreams centered around me in high heels.  Wish I did, as the dreams I've been having are not enjoyable.  Forgetting where I parked the car, getting separated from my wife in a crowd and can't find her, stuff like that, and I wake up agitated.  Not fun.  

Oh no! Hopefully you were wearing heels and able to see over the crowd!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jetheelsfan said:

Not long ago, I had a disturbing dream where I had left a pair of heels lying around and was trying to explain their presence.

Hah, sounds like a subconscious desire to come out about heeling. Maybe someday?

Just arrived. New to me preowned Steve Madden leather strappy pumps. Fit is amazing. About 1/2 inch well disguised platform and 5.5 inch heels. 

20200824_171635.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I've had only occasional dreams about wearing heels but I was always around people either at restaurants, an outdoor party or wedding, or just out shopping. Sometimes I was dressed completely en femme but mostly just jeans, a polo shirt, and heels. A fair reflection on reality really. I suppose the goal is really think of heels as a normal part of one's identity and background. HinH

• Like 2

I had a dream just the other night. I was going to a garage sale and decided to wear a black leather pencil skirt and a pair of very tall black wedges. When I got to the garage sale there were a whole bunch of people that I knew at the sale and it was kind of awkward and embarrassing. 

7 hours ago, kevloveheel said:

I had a dream just the other night. I was going to a garage sale and decided to wear a black leather pencil skirt and a pair of very tall black wedges. When I got to the garage sale there were a whole bunch of people that I knew at the sale and it was kind of awkward and embarrassing. 

I've had that happen to me in real life! Well, substitute denim shorts for the skirt.

It's liberating when you let go of this concern. Yes you will run into someone you know at some point, but that's just part of being public with your heeling. Forget-about-it!

You will be stared at, pointed at, but if you fold then it's like you are conceding you are doing something wrong. You're not.  So walk with your head high but watch where you put your heel down.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 6:20 AM, kevloveheel said:

I hear ya, A nice dream still... sounds like its something you would like to do ... 

On 9/11/2020 at 1:28 PM, mlroseplant said:

I've had that happen to me in real life! Well, substitute denim shorts for the skirt.

ooh - do tell! 

10 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

I hear ya, A nice dream still... sounds like its something you would like to do ... 

ooh - do tell! 

Not much to tell, really. This sort of thing happens to us all eventually. I was out running some errands, and I didn't realize that it was Bike Night, which is a small motorcycle rally that happens in our town once a month. It's actually a pretty big deal, drawing thousands of people for a few hours each month. At any rate, a lot of the guys from the electrical union like to go to this thing, and it just so happened that I ran into a bunch of them when they came to my town for Bike Night. I was wearing my usual shorts and heels. If memory serves, they were wedges, so the impact may have been a little less than stilettos would be. Nobody said anything, everybody acted perfectly normal. Like I said, that will happen to every one of us eventually.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

Not much to tell, really. This sort of thing happens to us all eventually. I was out running some errands, and I didn't realize that it was Bike Night, which is a small motorcycle rally that happens in our town once a month. It's actually a pretty big deal, drawing thousands of people for a few hours each month. At any rate, a lot of the guys from the electrical union like to go to this thing, and it just so happened that I ran into a bunch of them when they came to my town for Bike Night. I was wearing my usual shorts and heels. If memory serves, they were wedges, so the impact may have been a little less than stilettos would be. Nobody said anything, everybody acted perfectly normal. Like I said, that will happen to every one of us eventually.

Yeah, seems like it was a non issue, no doubt due to your attitude

• Like 1