Jump to content

Most Embarrassing High Heel Moment?


Recommended Posts

Hi everybody. I was wondering if anyone had any embarrassing moments in high heels. 

For me , I haven't had anything crazy, but once I went to payless to try on some heels. I usually try to go at a time when it wouldn't be crowded. I always was carefull to never be wearing the heels when anyone was around. Anyway when I thought the coast was clear I was strutting around in the last aisle when the lady working walked over to check on me. It wasn't that big of a.deal, but she really didn't know what to say. she just smiled, blushed and gave me the thumbs up. Actually a really great reaction, but she just caught me off guard, and I was totally exposed. :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a heel, 5.25", break off in the middle of  restaurant as i was walking out. It completely separated from the shoe. It was a hard uncovered stiletto and actually made a ringing noise as it bounced on the tile floor. I turned around, bent over and picked it up. Then walked out with one stiletto and with the other shoe still on walking on my toes.

Before covid been to that restaurant many times, mostly in heels. Staff fully aware but embarrassing never the less.

That restaurant has permanently closed, building is for sale. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was walking outside in Denver when the back of sole and heel "delaminated" from one of my boots.  The heel kept flopping underneath the boot, making it impossible to walk.  I made it back to the hotel by purposely dragging keeping that heel on the ground and dragging that boot along on the ground.   Tried to keep my head up, but knew I attracted plenty of attention, not in a good way...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My most embarrassing moment, not counting getting heckled on the street, was when I was walking into a Walmart just after a snowstorm. I am not a person to be deterred by inclement weather to determine whether I wear heels, and I was confident walking in these boots I had on at the time.  I had no problem walking in the snow at all. The problem happened when I walked into the store, and got past the long mats they always put down at that time of year to get rid of most of the snow/ice/mud that people get on their shoes. I did wipe and stomp my feet, same as everybody else from around here does, but evidently there was a thin layer of ice on the bottom of my boots, because when I stepped off the mat and onto the hard tile floor, my foot scooted right out from under me, and down I went! Right in front of an old lady, who said, "Oh, you'll want to be careful in those shoes." I guarantee you, was back on my feet in half a second less than no time, and acted as if it were no big deal. In truth, I was mortified.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine had special tickets for a group of folks to go see a production of Rocky Horror - - Well of course we were to meet for dinner before hand in costume. Well I did my part !!

A corset wasn't a viable option, but a short skirt, fishnets and a pair of Ellie 652 Lucia's were in order. I'd worn this a few hours before with no issues. As myself and another party guest were walking on a downhill slope toward the eatery, the whole upper vamp split out, and I went down on some nasty rough sidewalk, Skinned my knee up pretty bad. Needles to say, the locals outside this small streetcorner market made the most of this. I'm surprised my mug shots weren't all over the internet ten minutes later. I went back to the car, dug through my bag and brought out some black skinny jeans, and a different pair of heels. After of course trying to stop the bleeding, and did some makeshift bandage work of my knee. I have yet to replace these heels as I really liked the style and shape of these.

 

image.jpeg.a8fa086af6c3dbb879c57c9e2497d872.jpeg

 

Edited by Heelster
Spelling
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good topic for discussion and explanation of the unexpected. 

For me, I have to say it was at a Payless location I had visited maybe a year before.  At that time, I explained to the sales associate I needed a pair of heels for a charity walking event.  I know she helped me but I did not remember who she was.  That was my bad for not appreciating her help she was offering.  When I went back at the later time, I was trying some on and the same sales associate came around the corner and stated something to the effect of "I thought you were doing a one time event with heels."  She knew and I quickly and quietly left the store and never returned.  I felt embarrassed for some stupid reason at the time.  I was not able to think quickly and later realized I should have thanked her for introducing me to the joys of wearing high heels even when there was no event to attend.  I probably did the worse thing possible with the reaction I did.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Year's ago my wife and I went to a drag show in Louisville , KY . I had a few drinks . I was wearing these faux sued peep toe pumps with about a 1/2" platform . My wife asked me to get her a drink so being a noble husband , I felt it my duty . We were sitting close to the stage on the lower row . Given the fact I had her drink and mine there was no way to hold onto the handrail . So .I proceeded down to my smiling wife and on the next to last step ........ my heel got caught in the carpet and I did a face plant right in the middle of the show . Yes , I did spill both drinks ! What was worse was the Drag Queen on stage stopped and said " QUEEN DOWN , CAN WE GET SOME MORE DRINK'S and Honey , you better check those heels " . I did check my heels and sure enough the faux sued had torn around the heel on one and the platform on the other . What was bad , these were one of the only pair I ever owned with a small platform and stiletto .

 After the show , my wife and I were able to meet the Queen that was performing during my comedy act . She was really nice . Some of the other people who had seen the whole incident ordered us some drinks . Looking back , it was more funny than anything .

Edited by maninpumps
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 9:12 AM, mlroseplant said:

My most embarrassing moment, not counting getting heckled on the street, was when I was walking into a Walmart just after a snowstorm. I am not a person to be deterred by inclement weather to determine whether I wear heels, and I was confident walking in these boots I had on at the time.  I had no problem walking in the snow at all. The problem happened when I walked into the store, and got past the long mats they always put down at that time of year to get rid of most of the snow/ice/mud that people get on their shoes. I did wipe and stomp my feet, same as everybody else from around here does, but evidently there was a thin layer of ice on the bottom of my boots, because when I stepped off the mat and onto the hard tile floor, my foot scooted right out from under me, and down I went! Right in front of an old lady, who said, "Oh, you'll want to be careful in those shoes." I guarantee you, was back on my feet in half a second less than no time, and acted as if it were no big deal. In truth, I was mortified.

I hear ya for sure...I have slipped this way a few times, but have never gone all the way down, yet....  My turn will come I'm sure

19 hours ago, Heelster said:

A friend of mine had special tickets for a group of folks to go see a production of Rocky Horror - - Well of course we were to meet for dinner before hand in costume. Well I did my part !!

A corset wasn't a viable option, but a short skirt, fishnets and a pair of Ellie 652 Lucia's were in order. I'd worn this a few hours before with no issues. As myself and another party guest were walking on a downhill slope toward the eatery, the whole upper vamp split out, and I went down on some nasty rough sidewalk, Skinned my knee up pretty bad. Needles to say, the locals outside this small streetcorner market made the most of this. I'm surprised my mug shots weren't all over the internet ten minutes later. I went back to the car, dug through my bag and brought out some black skinny jeans, and a different pair of heels. After of course trying to stop the bleeding, and did some makeshift bandage work of my knee. I have yet to replace these heels as I really liked the style and shape of these.

 

image.jpeg.a8fa086af6c3dbb879c57c9e2497d872.jpeg

 

Hats off to you brother...  Not just for continuing on, but for having the extra gear along with you...

14 hours ago, jetheelsfan said:

Good topic for discussion and explanation of the unexpected. 

For me, I have to say it was at a Payless location I had visited maybe a year before.  At that time, I explained to the sales associate I needed a pair of heels for a charity walking event.  I know she helped me but I did not remember who she was.  That was my bad for not appreciating her help she was offering.  When I went back at the later time, I was trying some on and the same sales associate came around the corner and stated something to the effect of "I thought you were doing a one time event with heels."  She knew and I quickly and quietly left the store and never returned.  I felt embarrassed for some stupid reason at the time.  I was not able to think quickly and later realized I should have thanked her for introducing me to the joys of wearing high heels even when there was no event to attend.  I probably did the worse thing possible with the reaction I did.

Don't be so hard on yourself buddy.  I'm sure the associate meant no harm with the comment, but I surely understand how it would have "spooked you".  I probably would have reacted the same way, but am hoping that now I have developed enough confidence to respond with a snappy come back and continue shopping...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It happens several times to me. 

Trying to  get to the immigration counter before the herd wearing heels much too high.Result : heel break. Twice. 

For sure I wasn’t able to master such heels I now have improved my walk and also wear the proper shoes 

I also fell in the stairs,getting out from an hotel in Toronto. Some people could see me. I got back on my legs immediately as Nothing happened. And realized I had a strained ankle. Not that bad. Just enough to worry me during some weeks .Same thing: feeling to confident. I now have leaned how to go downstairs and how important a hand rail is 

i think that as for many sports with which you have to experience a lot of falls ,wearing heels brings some bad moments that force us to improve 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Pierre1961 said:

It happens several times to me. 

Trying to  get to the immigration counter before the herd wearing heels much too high.Result : heel break. Twice. 

For sure I wasn’t able to master such heels I now have improved my walk and also wear the proper shoes 

I also fell in the stairs,getting out from an hotel in Toronto. Some people could see me. I got back on my legs immediately as Nothing happened. And realized I had a strained ankle. Not that bad. Just enough to worry me during some weeks .Same thing: feeling to confident. I now have leaned how to go downstairs and how important a hand rail is 

i think that as for many sports with which you have to experience a lot of falls ,wearing heels brings some bad moments that force us to improve 

I don't like going down stairs at all.  I am very careful, and hold the rail, but I'm sure my slow/cautious descent attracts attention...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it does attract attention! And feeling people behind me,having to be slow because of me is something I don’t like. 

But to be honest I wouldn’t care being slow going downstairs behind a woman in heels. So? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though I am very careful on stairs I have caught my tip of my stilettos several times. I not use to my heel being 6 + inches above the step. But lucky for me I was holding the railing and didn't fall. However, I got my heel (block heel) caught on un-even faux cobblestones and took a tumble forward. Yes very embarrassing, but amazingly the world didn't stop spinning.   But one fall in 5 years is not bad.

ALWAYS HOLD ON TO THE RAILING.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few booties without platforms that I can negotiate stairs (down) easy, but stilettos with  high platforms are what night mares are made from.  

Edited by Cali
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I walk up or down stairs when wearing heels I will always take extra care to note where and how I place my feet and always hold on to the hand rail.  I have learned over many years how treacherous stars can be.  And, as difficult as they can be, walking down a steep sidewalk incline can be even more challenging especially if there isn’t anything to hold onto.

 
I remember one night several years ago walking from the parking lot to a restaurant wearing a pair of pumps with 6” heels.  We had to walk down a really steep incline without anything to hold onto.  My wife instinctively grabbed my arm for support.  I, on the other hand, could not find anything to hold onto.   My only option was to take off my shoes and walk down the incline in my stockings.  While the walk wasn’t more than 30 yards to the front door, which we safely managed , my feet never recovered or did they ever feel comfortable after I put my heels back on.  Plus I had to hear from “she that must be obeyed,” why she told me before we left home, that I shouldn’t wear that particular pair of pumps because she knew I was going to have trouble of some sort wearing heels that tall. Walking up hill back to the car, was a little easier because we had each other to hold onto.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a pair of Pleaser 8" heels with about a 4" platform and I manage our stairway here at home without issue. I even go up and down with my hands full. Our family room is in the lower level and we often cook our food and head down to eat. My wife just shakes her head because I handle stairs better than her and she has worn heels all her life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 4:25 AM, maninpumps said:

Year's ago my wife and I went to a drag show in Louisville , KY . I had a few drinks . I was wearing these faux sued peep toe pumps with about a 1/2" platform . My wife asked me to get her a drink so being a noble husband , I felt it my duty . We were sitting close to the stage on the lower row . Given the fact I had her drink and mine there was no way to hold onto the handrail . So .I proceeded down to my smiling wife and on the next to last step ........ my heel got caught in the carpet and I did a face plant right in the middle of the show . Yes , I did spill both drinks ! What was worse was the Drag Queen on stage stopped and said " QUEEN DOWN , CAN WE GET SOME MORE DRINK'S and Honey , you better check those heels " . I did check my heels and sure enough the faux sued had torn around the heel on one and the platform on the other . What was bad , these were one of the only pair I ever owned with a small platform and stiletto .

 After the show , my wife and I were able to meet the Queen that was performing during my comedy act . She was really nice . Some of the other people who had seen the whole incident ordered us some drinks . Looking back , it was more funny than anything .

You must have gone to Connection! That was the place for drag shows in Louisville! When I lived there, I used to frequent that place often!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You must have gone to Connection! That was the place for drag shows in Louisville! When I lived there, I used to frequent that place often!

KneeBooted , that would be correct . Unfortunately they have closed due to hospital expansions on South Floyd Street . The good news , there is another place with drag shows called Play , I have yet to check them out . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, maninpumps said:

You must have gone to Connection! That was the place for drag shows in Louisville! When I lived there, I used to frequent that place often!

KneeBooted , that would be correct . Unfortunately they have closed due to hospital expansions on South Floyd Street . The good news , there is another place with drag shows called Play , I have yet to check them out . 

Yeah I was still living there when they closed. I have not been to Play yet. There used to be another place called Starbase Q that was fun to go to as well back in the day.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I never been to Starbase Q . You can bet after Covid is done , I will try to find it ........ if it's still open . I always liked going to Connection , it was a very laid back atmosphere . It seemed as if I never met a stranger when visiting . Outdide of the drinks being kind of costly ( like most other clubs ) you almost sure to have a great time . The police never bothered anyone leaving . 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, maninpumps said:

I never been to Starbase Q . You can bet after Covid is done , I will try to find it ........ if it's still open . I always liked going to Connection , it was a very laid back atmosphere . It seemed as if I never met a stranger when visiting . Outdide of the drinks being kind of costly ( like most other clubs ) you almost sure to have a great time . The police never bothered anyone leaving . 

 

Starbase Q has since closed iirc. It wasn’t as popular as Connection.

I now live out in Newark, CA which is considered the Bay Area, and there are some other clubs in the city that once COVID subsides, I sure hope to visit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

KneeBooted, were you otherwise in male clothing that night?  Often wondered if a drag show would be a good place for wearing heels but in male mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RonC said:

KneeBooted, were you otherwise in male clothing that night?  Often wondered if a drag show would be a good place for wearing heels but in male mode.

Best I can tell it is a mixed bag. Some cross dressers have commented about being harassed for not being a full on drag queen, & most patrons will assume you are gay, so there is that aspect as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like many of us here, my worst moment was a fall when I wearing ankle boots, block heels not very high 3inch,  But in one particular place, on the Champs Elysée in Paris, while walking up a sidewalk, I didn't lift my foot enough and the heel caught on the edge of the sidewalk, and I fell forward.

Otherwise on slippery supermarket floors you have to be careful on rainy days.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2020 at 6:19 PM, RonC said:

KneeBooted, were you otherwise in male clothing that night?  Often wondered if a drag show would be a good place for wearing heels but in male mode.

Yep. I’ve only ever dressed in drag, but not trying to pass, on maybe 2 occasions in my life. No one seemed to be bothered by a guy in heels

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2020 at 7:14 PM, Bubba136 said:

Plus I had to hear from “she that must be obeyed,” why she told me before we left home, that I shouldn’t wear that particular pair of pumps because she knew I was going to have trouble of some sort wearing heels that tall.

Rumpole of the Bailey?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.