Most Embarrassing High Heel Moment?

kevloveheel

I remember firstly hearing that saying by  Rumpole in one of his episodes .  Can’t remember the decade, however.  One of my wife’s favorites, repeating it to me and our three children whenever she decided that her “will” be done.  And, she really had a strong “will.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 month later...

On 8/18/2020 at 5:03 PM, Cali said:

I have a few booties without platforms that I can negotiate stairs (down) easy, but stilettos with  high platforms are what night mares are made from.  

I find that with platforms it's crucial that they fit tight on your foot.  A loose platform shoe is a fall waiting to happen as many of those high heel fail videos on YouTube prove!

On 8/16/2020 at 9:12 AM, mlroseplant said:

My most embarrassing moment, not counting getting heckled on the street, was when I was walking into a Walmart just after a snowstorm. I am not a person to be deterred by inclement weather to determine whether I wear heels, and I was confident walking in these boots I had on at the time.  I had no problem walking in the snow at all. The problem happened when I walked into the store, and got past the long mats they always put down at that time of year to get rid of most of the snow/ice/mud that people get on their shoes. I did wipe and stomp my feet, same as everybody else from around here does, but evidently there was a thin layer of ice on the bottom of my boots, because when I stepped off the mat and onto the hard tile floor, my foot scooted right out from under me, and down I went! Right in front of an old lady, who said, "Oh, you'll want to be careful in those shoes." I guarantee you, was back on my feet in half a second less than no time, and acted as if it were no big deal. In truth, I was mortified.

It's amazing how quickly we jump back up on our feet when these things happen.....Wish I had that kind of energy normally, must be heel induced energy...

First time wearing cheap  heel booties made a lot of noise walking. I arrived at the mall started to walk into a Holt renfrew very upscale retailer. This particular store had only womenswear. It was early evening i made my way inside on mid-week not many shoppers around. Soon as my booties hitting the tile floor the click clacking was awful loud. I started to weave my way on the plush carpet deaden the sound in the store, not using the aisle walkway on hard tile marble floor.

While passing through some parts were not entirely carpeted in certain sections so i stepped carefully on some tile not wanting to slip  making that plastic heel under sole clatter yet even more. Woman shopping standing at a clothing rack  alone looked up as i came walking towards her. While i was trying to stay on the carpeting not the aisle looked as i was indeed approaching her weaving my way through the racks of clothing setup.  Soon the carpeting was coming to the end only tile floor throughout the store and exit doors to the mall was within my sight. The woman stared upon me curiously of the noise i made approaching her thinking maybe a SA wanting to help her. Often on non busy time SA are short staffed  or find for some customers wanting help. She gave me that shocked deer in the headlights stare i never forgot. Shock of man making that sound as if woman was wearing heels. Then looking upon me as i passed indeed i had heel booties on shocked  with her mouth ajar. Unusual for woman shopping at very high end store to witness any male, nonetheless one wearing cheap heel booties, in skin tight jeans is novelty. Do believe there is certain snob appeal with shoppers and SA at higher end department stores. Insulated to the regular public  or alternative  styled people let alone guy like me. Thought it was probably the first time this mid aged posh looking rich female seen a man in heel booties.  

I was less confident then today but was so embarrassed at my heel booties clatter and what that woman thought of me in them cheap heels. I walked quickly making it sound worse but soon slowed down as i approached two woman slowly walking in front  unable to pass carrying bags in each arm. Knew the woman would observe even judge me as soon i passed. They looked unaffected to some degree involved in conversation together unable to point or comment what i was wearing or hearing with the clatter of the heels behind them. The worst part i had to walk along long tunnel hallway tiled entirely from ceiling, walls, floor making it true echo chamber over 100 feet long.  I finally relaxed thinking this is to funny  why fight it my heels made noise big deal. Made a promise to myself never wear them ever again if i get through my business at the mall. 

Ever since whenever i hear or observe a young gal wearing similar heel booties or shoes i know exactly how she must feel. Soon i got some proper designer heel booties replacement with soft leather sole and wooden heel the sound was plush quite.

Remember walking in the mall hearing the clatter of this young asian cutie bootie heels. She and me were walking on opposite sides of the mall aisle but i could see her observing my booties clearly. I strolled with such confidence and grace styled so well in my skin tight AG designer distressed sexy dark black jeans, along with leather black Rag & Bone Bootie heels. Looking at her reaction upon me was fun, while i compared myself to her. She appeared to envy appreciate my style and taste yet felt she felt so uncomfortable with her loud sounding heels  ashamed of herself compared to me.  Only gave her gentle smile almost wanted to comment she to pretty wearing heels that are uncomfortable and cheaply loud yet honestly not looking sexy as she liked. 

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

I have a pair of chunky, high heel boots that are loud. I wear them every where, even work. The are very loud walking on the concrete warehouse floors. I has one vguy look around the corner and said he was surprised to see me, he thought it was the secretary.

• Like 3

For me, the most embarrassing moment in heels is actually the only embarrassing one, and I hope it keeps its record for sometime. 

Last year, when leaving a night club with my girlfriend, we had the same 6.3” onlymaker platform sandals. When crossing the street in front of the club, the sandal strap broke and I went down... Fortunately other than the shoe and my ego, I was fine. She helped me to stand again and get to the car. 
We got the shoe fixed in the weeks ahead but since this is my second pair of onlymakers that have straps getting lose when wearing them I’m reluctant to wear outside again. 
Have any of yours onlymaker shoes break apart?

A1A74331-8B7C-41B3-975C-1E1C6D1BDEA6.jpeg

88350E03-74FC-40D8-8106-944E622B6E6B.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I had another embarrassing moment just a couple of nights ago. It was only in front of my wife, but that's bad enough. I was about ready to go to bed when my wife asked me to carry her enormous commercial fryer (empty of oil) from the kitchen to the garage. Stupid me, I just complied without thinking, picked up the fryer, walked through the very narrow doorway that leads to four steps down to the garage. I was wearing some high heeled mules like I usually do around the first floor of the house. I guess after living here for fully 12 years, I still haven't figured out how many steps there are down to the garage, because I missed one, my vision being blocked by the bulky, awkward load I was carrying. Down I went. I was so mad that I forcefully kicked off both my shoes, got up, and finished carrying the fryer out to the garage barefoot, which is what I should have done in the first place. I was basically uninjured except for a couple of minor scrapes, and the fryer was undamaged. However, the same cannot be said for my mules. I broke the shank, or what passes for a shank, on one of them. Dammit! Another one bites the dust. The wife has not said one word about the incident.

• Sad 2

When professional removal people carry awkward loads down stairs I've seen them kick a heel against the riser of each step as they go. Then they know when they have reached the bottom, even if they can't see it. It also means  they plant their feet securely on each step.

You can't really do this in any open backed shoe unless it has an ankle strap.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I was basically uninjured except for a couple of minor scrapes, and the fryer was undamaged.

Glad you were not injured.  That could have been nasty.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RonC said:

Glad you were not injured.  That could have been nasty.

Yes, it could have been. I have GOT to quit doing stupid shit like that. I'm not 25 anymore. One of these days, I'm not going to get up by myself.

• Like 1