My New Imgur Page

P08C

Since these forums only allow so much space for uploading photos I decided to start a page on imgur. I've made two posts so far, but lots of pictures to look at if you're interested. It's really interesting to me how much disapproval I am getting from the imgur community, at least in the like/dislike category. I uploaded my second post just 20 or so minutes ago and I already have 8 down votes. I'm not really upset by it, but it's just something I noticed. Anyway, if you're interested here's the link. You'll see a lot of old stuff that I've posted as well as some new stuff too. I hope you enjoy.

Rather than continuing to upload photos in the posts here. I'll just revive this post when I upload new stuff to imgur. Enjoy and thank you for your support! 

It's a mean, mean world out there in Internetland. Heck, I even got a "dislike" on my new organ video I posted on Youtube. I mean, it's not the greatest, but a dislike? Just ignore it.

I might suggest, however, that posting that many pictures at once of basically the same thing is perhaps a bit much. On top of that, you're not showing your face, and you're obviously within your home, and not out and about doing stuff. If there's one thing I've learned as a man wearing high heels, is that most of it is presentation. If you look like you know what you're doing, if you look like you are comfortable, then people won't bother you.

I'm not saying any of this to be a jackwagon, I'm just sharing with you my perception of what's going on here. My intention is to encourage you, because I think your look is great. If you hadn't said anything about the downvotes or the mean comments, I probably wouldn't have even replied. I bet if you posted pictures of yourself shopping at Walmart, or wherever, you wouldn't get any mean comments. Or at least they'd be few and far between.

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

I bet if you posted pictures of yourself shopping at Walmart, or wherever, you wouldn't get any mean comments. Or at least they'd be few and far between.

There will always be mean comments, but you are right, they will be better mean comments.  At least we move past the “playing in your mom’s closet” reactions.  

19 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

It's a mean, mean world out there in Internetland. Heck, I even got a "dislike" on my new organ video I posted on Youtube. I mean, it's not the greatest, but a dislike? Just ignore it.

I might suggest, however, that posting that many pictures at once of basically the same thing is perhaps a bit much. On top of that, you're not showing your face, and you're obviously within your home, and not out and about doing stuff. If there's one thing I've learned as a man wearing high heels, is that most of it is presentation. If you look like you know what you're doing, if you look like you are comfortable, then people won't bother you.

I'm not saying any of this to be a jackwagon, I'm just sharing with you my perception of what's going on here. My intention is to encourage you, because I think your look is great. If you hadn't said anything about the downvotes or the mean comments, I probably wouldn't have even replied. I bet if you posted pictures of yourself shopping at Walmart, or wherever, you wouldn't get any mean comments. Or at least they'd be few and far between.

I honestly didn't expect any less when I made the posts. I've been a part of the "internet community" since the late 90s and it really hasn't changed much since then. I also agree that most of the pictures are the same thing over and over again in a very boring environment. Take that coupled with all the headless shots and it just makes things look very awkward, even kind of cringey (if that's a word). The thing is the pictures are just as much a depository for me as they are me trying to express myself. Since I'm too scared to go back out in public for the time being it's nice for me to still have this outlet to do what I like. I've lost a lot of pictures in the past from just running out of space on my phone and such. It's kind of nice to have a near limitless place to upload them so I can immediately delete it off my phone to save up space for all my games. 

I'm sure as I rebuild my confidence I'll head back out. I've run into this problem of creating an image for myself at my current residence that I don't want to break out of that and have to go through the process of explaining myself to the people I know when I eventually run into them in public (town of about 30,000). I'm in the military and I'll be moving across the country in the next several months so I'll have the opportunity to reinvent who people know me as. The biggest hurdle will be going through with it versus staying stagnant in my current state of my mind...if that makes sense.

As always, thanks for your input. As a long time member of this community and a fellow Iowan I have tremendous respect for you. 

...now onto a new post..

New pictures uploaded to imgur. Here's the link! Hope you like.

Why the green screen you may ask? Well it's quite simple. It's really the only good place I have in my house to shoot photos. I use the webcam on my computer and take a 3-5 minute video. Then I pull stills from the video that I think look okay. Someday I hope to get a dslr and want to get out in the wild for some nicer pictures, but for now I'll continue with the "playing in my mom's closet" look. I'm having fun with it. Thanks for all your support!

Edited by P08C

@P08C, fair enough. Thinking on it, I don't have any problem wearing the shoes in public, I just don't like to ask anybody to take pictures of me, which is why my pictures are always so crappy. Thank you for taking my comments in they way they were intended.

@mlroseplant I had no idea you had a youtube channel. I checked out a few of your videos and realized you're a very talented musician! Many years ago I competed in the Fort Dodge Symphony concerto competition. I played Prokofiev's 3rd piano concerto. Ended up losing to a 11 year old playing Saint-Saens Piano Concerto No. 2. Who can compete with a 11 year old playing at that level?!?! Good experience though.

8 minutes ago, P08C said:

@mlroseplant I had no idea you had a youtube channel. I checked out a few of your videos and realized you're a very talented musician! Many years ago I competed in the Fort Dodge Symphony concerto competition. I played Prokofiev's 3rd piano concerto. Ended up losing to a 11 year old playing Saint-Saens Piano Concerto No. 2. Who can compete with a 11 year old playing at that level?!?! Good experience though.

Jeez, you were playing Prokofiev in high school? Once again, I am outclassed. After 40 years, I have finally realized that I'm never going to be any kind of performance genius.  Rather, my value as a musician lies not in my length, but rather my breadth. I can play about a dozen instruments barely good enough that I can sight read to fill in at the last minute if someone gets sick or something. I do seem to have the super power of being able to transpose brass instruments on the fly when you just have the concert pitch version. It's not a horrible place to be.

• 2 months later...

In the last few months I've taken up a keen interest in photography, landscapes, astro, portraiture, street, etc. It's all fun to me. It also gives me the opportunity to have a nice fun creative outlet with the clothes I like wearing. The pictures also end up looking a hell of a lot better than my cell phone pics look. Still have a lot to learn on the photography side, but I'm pretty happy with how these pictures turned out. 

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well and staying healthy.

Look good in these photos.  Nice outfits and heels.  Love the red classic pumps.  I tried the link in your original post and only see two images of stars.  Did you delete the other heel photos?

@RonCThanks! The link must've went bad when I made those albums hidden on imgur. All the down votes I got made my account look bad. So I decided to make the albums hidden so only the people I share the link with can see them. I'll have to update link. Thanks for he heads up.

The red pumps are definitely nice, but I really liked the look of he outfit with the boots. 

9 hours ago, P08C said:

@Jkrenzer Unfortunately I don't. Too much of a scaredy cat. I have a few times, and nothing bad happened. Just nerves and stuff. 

I only have one pair of red shoes, and I've worn them out a few times, but I don't really, really like them, so they mostly sit on the shelf. I have been remembering some discussions we have had about heeling publicly. I do believe that my peculiar circumstances have allowed me to do my thing more easily than many. Not that it is easy, but I do think that if I lived someplace else, was married to someone else, that things would have gone rather differently.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 1:22 PM, P08C said:

In the last few months I've taken up a keen interest in photography, landscapes, astro, portraiture, street, etc. It's all fun to me. It also gives me the opportunity to have a nice fun creative outlet with the clothes I like wearing. The pictures also end up looking a hell of a lot better than my cell phone pics look. Still have a lot to learn on the photography side, but I'm pretty happy with how these pictures turned out. 

You look great, just the look I wish I could achieve....

On 10/5/2020 at 1:22 PM, P08C said:

I know it is hard, but you must try to believe that most negative comments come from jealousy and insecurity.  Idiotic societal norms and profiling prevail.  Just know that the loudest criticisms about your latest pictures are coming from guys who are so frustated by a secret desire to wear heels, or women that are made to feel insecure in the femininity because you look much better than they do....

I don't mind admitting I am extremely envious though, but that is OK....

On 10/5/2020 at 8:35 PM, P08C said:

@Jkrenzer Unfortunately I don't. Too much of a scaredy cat. I have a few times, and nothing bad happened. Just nerves and stuff. 

I usually prefer the boots also....But, I have got to admit that those red pumps look amazing with your long legs and that outfit....The combination of traditionally masculine and feminine is very powerful...  I hear ya about going out in public, it has taken me many years to develop enough courage and confidence to wear my boots under levis...  Heeling is always much easier when with a buddy, much more fun also....

On 10/5/2020 at 11:22 AM, P08C said:

The photos are nicely done (and the shoes nice as well). I'd enjoy seeing more. 

I don't see any pictures except galaxies. Did I miss something or is my Noscript plugin interfering in some way?

On 7/12/2020 at 3:30 PM, mlroseplant said:

In my experience any video on youtube will get a 1 to 3% dislike vote regardless of content. You could have Eddie van Halen play Eruption while surrounded by cute kittens it will still get that amount of dislikes.

Once you put something out there there will always be haters. You can't please everyone, you might as well learn to accept this. Now it the amount of dislikes goes up dramatically, then you will know something's up.

• Like 2

there's one thing I've learned as a man wearing high heels, is that most of it is presentation. If you look like you know what you're doing, if you look like you are comfortable, then people won't bother you.

So so true!!

• Like 3

On 10/5/2020 at 6:22 PM, P08C said:

You did a nice job with those pics

On 10/5/2020 at 3:05 PM, P08C said:

Thanks! The link must've went bad when I made those albums hidden on imgur.

I tried the link again and got the same two photos.  You indicated that you would update.  Still plan to do that?  Would like to see your other photos.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, P08C said:

My first time playing with skirts. I was always averse to them because I hate shaving my legs. Then I realized you don't need to shave your legs to look good in a skirt. Embrace the hair! Here's the link

I wasn't going to click on the link after hearing your description....But I was wrong, you look great buddy...Sure wish I had nice legs like yours....Would love to take you boot shopping....D