Pierre’s business trips

Pierre1961

In many countries you are always being observed.  And almost everybody has a phone to take videos, too.  "Smile It's Candid Camera" meets George Orwell's "1984."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cali said:

In many countries you are always being observed.  And almost everybody has a phone to take videos, too.  "Smile It's Candid Camera" meets George Orwell's "1984."

When I visit Vietnam, my mother-in-law dutifully reports my presence to the authorities. We always arrive late at night, and the next morning, a dashing young man in a crisp uniform shows up at our house to take down my information. This is strictly for my safety during my visit, of course.

Those boots are amazing, are they Omano boots?  Such a powerful heel.  How are they to walk in, must be fairly comfortable or you would not be wearing them through airports.  What size do you wear?

• Like 1

Right  @pebblesf ! They are very confortable. I put them on at 9 this morning and am  still wearing them now at 7 pm. No need to take them off. 

They come from Extreme HH in Spain. Quite expensive but worthies the expense. Perfect balance. No feet,knee or back pain ! 

• Like 4

Great looking boots that fit properly and easy to walk in are worth every dollar you spend for sure...  Wondering if "Extreme HH" is formerly "Omano"...  I have always loved Omano boots, fairly certain they were produced in Spain

Not sure it was formerly Omano. But sure they are on the same line. You can ask for anything,but you don’t have to be in a hurry and ready to spend some money. I met both Pablo and Esther who run the company. They are very nice people and passionate .

• Like 1

Combat boots for the flight back. Not as confortable as the Oxford I was wearing 2 days ago.  

It was a little bit difficult at the end. Ok,I had to walk quite long from the car return to the terminal. 

But nevertheless a good feeling 

Pierre

7AC3B86C-0ABE-4BBA-8D39-EFC166E42B18.jpeg

• Like 8

On 7/29/2020 at 3:31 PM, Pierre1961 said:

Combat boots for the flight back. Not as confortable as the Oxford I was wearing 2 days ago.  

It was a little bit difficult at the end. Ok,I had to walk quite long from the car return to the terminal. 

But nevertheless a good feeling 

Pierre

7AC3B86C-0ABE-4BBA-8D39-EFC166E42B18.jpeg

Omg!!!! I love the style of those boots, can you please tell me where you purchased them from.

• Like 1

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

On 7/8/2020 at 12:44 PM, Pierre1961 said:

hope it would be ok,sometimes the shoes I received are totally wrong .  75% happy,25% unhappy 

@Pierre1961  curious about the shoes that are wrong, what do you in those cases ?

I take the heels apart. I like to modifying some shoes with a difference heel. 

And the trash for the shoe itself. A shoe that does fit will never fit.

The fitting of a shoe depends on several factors that the Chinese factories don’t master.And unfortunately not only Chinese.  So chance takes  an important part.  

I like heels that are rather high. And I want to be confortable. So no compromise. 

• 5 weeks later...

Here are 2 pictures I took at the beginning of my last trip. 

These are both Chelsea  boots. One is 14 cm and suitable for  all sorts of activities .The  other one is 15 which I keep for even surfaces as hotels  

Both are very similar so the height difference isn’t obvious 

2B1A1427-DDDF-40CC-92EE-CA0824657055.jpeg

ECEE0FE8-6D90-4BE8-A571-728F96E54E9D.jpeg

• Like 8

Thank you @bionicbabe. I don’t have more pictures  at present. And I wasn’t proud of the quality. 

I would need someone else could do that for me. Not easy or more exactly I m not bold enough for asking. What could be fun fotrvel, with heeler buddy and bring a lot of pictures from different places And situations. 

Better wait covid 19 is over.  No real fun at present.Only the heels keep me motived.

i Lomé the square boots you have in your album.  

As asked some pictures I took myself as strolling through the city 

no bad comment,no one had stared at me.But for sure noticed. 

C446219D-47B6-4B59-928E-4AE209A84625.jpeg

94810A2F-8D60-4DBA-97FF-953940981A15.jpeg

• Like 4

On 7/28/2020 at 2:19 PM, pebblesf said:

Great looking boots that fit properly and easy to walk in are worth every dollar you spend for sure...  Wondering if "Extreme HH" is formerly "Omano"...  I have always loved Omano boots, fairly certain they were produced in Spain

On 7/28/2020 at 7:52 PM, Pierre1961 said:

Not sure it was formerly Omano. But sure they are on the same line. You can ask for anything,but you don’t have to be in a hurry and ready to spend some money. I met both Pablo and Esther who run the company. They are very nice people and passionate .

I am pretty sure that Omano became Extreme HH, otherwise known as Estres Modes: https://extremehighheels.net/es/15-zapatos-de-tacon   The product range does not currently seem to consist of much other than stilettos; the Omano-style boots worn by Pierre (which have a very acceptable male look) don't appear.   For my money (and less of it is needed), Miguel Jones (Cowboy Boots USA) would be a good source of bespoke boots like Pierre's.

You are right. The Cuban heel style doesn’t appear anymore in the new extreme HH. But for sure you can ask for such shoes. 

I got one pair from Miguel Jones a few year ago. It was quite difficult to get the right size. I don’t think you can have really high heels there ( I am wrong?) The pair I got is ok for garden work, very strong , heavy and even if these have a real male( more rustic cow boy) look they not suitable for matching a city outfit. Nevertheless I like them. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pierre1961 said:

You are right. The Cuban heel style doesn’t appear anymore in the new extreme HH. But for sure you can ask for such shoes. 

I got one pair from Miguel Jones a few year ago. It was quite difficult to get the right size. I don’t think you can have really high heels there ( I am wrong?) The pair I got is ok for garden work, very strong , heavy and even if these have a real male( more rustic cow boy) look they not suitable for matching a city outfit. Nevertheless I like them. 

I have a few pairs of MJ boots as well, Pierre's comments are what I have found also.  The sizing was off by a size or two, but the last pair I bought was a few years back...So, you definitely want to be sure they are returnable/refundable.  The heels and soles are very sturdy indeed, but I don't think they are very well "engineered" for extensive walking.  I have a few pairs with 5" heels...My stiletto boots are much easier to walk in...

I am so upset that I didn't buy a pair of Western Ranch boots several years ago, always wanted a pair of the Omano boots also..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pierre1961 said:

I have one pair from MJ - 5" heel and a perfect fit for me.   As you say, rather heavy but well made.   These are my boots - similar to the Omanos but more pointed:

Jones3.thumb.jpg.17b9fc707b7bce482cefc199f60d30f7.jpg

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

Long time I haven’t travelled !

Cologne ,Marburg,Liege,Eindhoven,Mons. 1400 Kms 

i have been able to find some free time and twice have a walk in the city. 

An clear need of training. One year ago,2 hours walk in heels was a normal activity. Now only one and calves are on fire. Thank you Coronavirus. 

Here are the shoes. Nothing exceptional : 16 cm block heels minus 2 cm sole combat boots. 

476DEE2C-8778-4E44-B301-57DA1960A746.jpeg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

An clear need of training. One year ago,2 hours walk in heels was a normal activity. Now only one and calves are on fire. Thank you Coronavirus. 

Here are the shoes. Nothing exceptional : 16 cm block heels minus 2 cm sole combat boots. 

Well done, but CV19 is not to blame. Just go out and walk about. Masks were all you needed.

Like the boots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loving the look of the boots and Oxfords in this thread. I’d like to see more tan or brown ones in there.

Is it warm wearing boots in the summer? I’m taking a look at 3.5 inch heel lug sole boots right now.

thanks from Scotland!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Great outfit indeed, powerful and masculine.....Calves will calm down after a few outings, have fun buddy....

• Like 1