I'm Back! Sorta...

bambam

Hey, I've been away a while, from this site, and from LA. My mom was diagnosed with cancer in early March, so I came to St. Louis to care for her. Unfortunately, she passed away May 5th, and I am still in StL managing her estate and selling off her property. I miss my shoes, I miss my friends, and I miss normalcy. It seems, especially after last week in Minneapolis, that 2020 is truly a cursed year, and as things fell apart here at home, they fell apart out there with commensurate rapidity. Currently taking care of business, and I have family to help me through this, but just thought I'd say that I miss you all, and I can't wait for peace.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

So sorry to hear about your Mom, she was lucky to have you....Sad times indeed, please take care of yourself while tending to the sad job of dealing with your Mom's estate.  Perhaps you can treat yourself to a pair of heels to enjoy while dealing with everything.  Seems like the stores are reopening, perhaps there is a good deal waiting for you....

Please take good care of yourself, your Mom is looking down wanting you to be OK....

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 3:56 PM, bambam said:

Hey, I've been away a while, from this site, and from LA. My mom was diagnosed with cancer in early March, so I came to St. Louis to care for her. Unfortunately, she passed away May 5th, and I am still in StL managing her estate and selling off her property. I miss my shoes, I miss my friends, and I miss normalcy. It seems, especially after last week in Minneapolis, that 2020 is truly a cursed year, and as things fell apart here at home, they fell apart out there with commensurate rapidity. Currently taking care of business, and I have family to help me through this, but just thought I'd say that I miss you all, and I can't wait for peace.

Unfortunately, I know exactly what your going through. It hasn't been 6 months since I lost my mother. I'm still recovering from the emotional & physical toll of it all. It still isn't over as her will was deemed invalid, probate has been postponed, hidden taxes she owed came out of nowhere, and we are still fighting to keep her house from being  confiscated for back taxes. It has been a slow, stressful process, but hopefully it will be resolved soon. I want to get away from all this stress and get back to the fond memories I have of her...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1