Nobody's shipping shoes???

blueparrot

I have had three bad experiences with buying boots online.  The first time was ebay, I won an auction for Zara OTK boots, the seller never contacted me nor did I get any notification of shipping.  I paid within five minutes of auction close.  Then I got a message from her five days later saying she was out of town with a sick relative.  I replied OK, I could wait until she got back.  Then in a few days she wrote and said she was cancelling the auction because she didn't know when she would get home.  Again I replied that I could wait a while more, not a problem.  She then cancels with ebay sending me a notice that the "buyer asked to cancel".  She then re-lists the boots for $30 more than I bought them for.  That pair has been on ebay for a year, with her dropping the price every few months.  I was very nice and understanding with this seller but in the end she wasn't happy with the sale price so re-lists them for a higher starting bid.  There were no other bids.

The second incident took place over on Poshmark.  I did a paypal purchase for the asking price on some very nice Aldo boots.  Again I heard nothing for a time, then the seller came back and sent a message that she was cancelling the sale because she was out of town.  She then said she would be back in a few days and would sell me the boots for a discount.  That was over a week ago and nothing.  The boots are still showing up as "SOLD" on poshmark's site.  I'm expecting them to be re-listed for $30 more like the other ones.  

Third incident was a pair of beautiful Marc Fisher OTK boots from 6PM.com.  They were bought over a week ago and still show as "processing".  Their site says they are slow due to the coronavirus but over a week and still not shipped?  I am beginning to think they will never get shipped, or maybe they don't even have them but are keeping my money.  

This seems to be confined with footwear so far, I've bought several electronic items and got them right away, even one company in New York sent me my item economy free shipping and I got them in three days from placing the order.  

You can report the 1st one to ebay. She's not allowed to cancel a sale if it's to relist at a higher price. That violates ebays contract rules. Sales can be canceled but reasons like damaged, or incorrectly described etc are needed. If she only changed the price and nothing else you can bring a case against her. You won't get the boots but she might get a suspension for a while.

On 5/24/2020 at 10:00 PM, blueparrot said:

I have had three bad experiences with buying boots online.  The first time was ebay, I won an auction for Zara OTK boots, the seller never contacted me nor did I get any notification of shipping.  I paid within five minutes of auction close.  Then I got a message from her five days later saying she was out of town with a sick relative.  I replied OK, I could wait until she got back.  Then in a few days she wrote and said she was cancelling the auction because she didn't know when she would get home.  Again I replied that I could wait a while more, not a problem.  She then cancels with ebay sending me a notice that the "buyer asked to cancel".  She then re-lists the boots for $30 more than I bought them for.  That pair has been on ebay for a year, with her dropping the price every few months.  I was very nice and understanding with this seller but in the end she wasn't happy with the sale price so re-lists them for a higher starting bid.  There were no other bids.

The second incident took place over on Poshmark.  I did a paypal purchase for the asking price on some very nice Aldo boots.  Again I heard nothing for a time, then the seller came back and sent a message that she was cancelling the sale because she was out of town.  She then said she would be back in a few days and would sell me the boots for a discount.  That was over a week ago and nothing.  The boots are still showing up as "SOLD" on poshmark's site.  I'm expecting them to be re-listed for $30 more like the other ones.  

Third incident was a pair of beautiful Marc Fisher OTK boots from 6PM.com.  They were bought over a week ago and still show as "processing".  Their site says they are slow due to the coronavirus but over a week and still not shipped?  I am beginning to think they will never get shipped, or maybe they don't even have them but are keeping my money.  

This seems to be confined with footwear so far, I've bought several electronic items and got them right away, even one company in New York sent me my item economy free shipping and I got them in three days from placing the order.  

I've recently bought shoes from Aerosoles  and Shoes.com. I had no issues with either company. I had my new shoes in less than a week. I don't buy on ebay or Poshmark. I only buy from known shoe sellers of women's brand shoes. Good luck. I hope your  get your purchases.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I agree with others who say it's probably just bad luck. I have bought literally hundreds of pairs of shoes (and other things) on ebay, and dozens on Poshmark, and I've rarely had a problem with a seller. Even when I have had, it's been resolved quickly.

I bought from Ebay a pair of white platform heels with the Britsh flag all over them. The seller sent two right hand shoes. Neither of them fit my foot. Luckily the seller took them back, including shipping.

I was rather disappointed as I really liked them!

I never had any trouble either, until now.  6pm still shows my order as "processing" and blames the coronavirus .  I just got a computer from Ohio, another item I ordered yesterday shipped from Ohio and is scheduled to arrive Friday.  6pm is part of Zappos and both have always been extremely fast before, often overnight even when getting economy/free shipping.  

I ordered a pair of shoes from Torrid when the Covid-19 first started . Torrid's shipping dept was running on a minimal staff . My shoes arrived about 3 week's longer than what it usually takes for their deliveries . I called once just to check on the order because according to the bank my payment hadn't been processed at that time . But eventually they did show up . When the shoes shipped they drafted my payment . 

Flea Bay , Try to avoid them if you can . They are like gambling only spend what you can afford to loose .  One other thing , always check the seller's reputation . Most likely if they took you to the cleaner they have done it to other's . Good Luck and Be Safe .

Have only used eBay sparingly and not the other two. The eBay reputation score is a rather big deal. A legitimate seller will garner many positive points whilst those that are "not exactly" legitimate will have dings on their reputation score. Whenever you buy there ALWAYS give feedback positive or negative. I know people have been drawn to online sales as malls and individual stores have been closed but that has been changing. I was in Arizona from 9 April to 23 May and saw the state open nearly all sectors on 15th of May. There still were many restaurants doing takeout only but others with larger capacity were open for inside dining. My wife and I went to the Kohls store in Yuma on the 18th of May one day after it opened for the first time since 25th of March. Strange times we're in for sure. HinH

• 1 month later...

Happend to me on ebay as well. 
I won an auction of Giuseppe Zanotti Fringe suede high heels for a nice price of €76,-

Then Corona came a she told me that she can not send them  to Switzerland because the border is closed.
Then she cancelled the auction.

some weeks later and they are still Online in ebay she put them in for only $415,-

I am quite pissed

shit happens

chrigu