Shoe Expanders

stevieuk7610

Hi everyone.. Thought I'd share with you all my recent and first experience with shoe stretchers.. After taking a gamble on yet another pair of boots off Ebay, I unfortunately found myself in possession of a gorgeous pair of boots ( photos included) which although were a perfect fit around the calfs and a perfect height were tragically, painfully too tight... I half expected this as the particular brand are infuriatingly inconsistent fron one year to the next.. However, although when this has happened before I usually just relist them, this time I thought I'd try a cheap set of expanders ( photo also included).. I got some for about £15 or so.. To be honest I really wasn't expecting much but after a week of using them, gradually increasing the stretch on a daily basis, I was overjoyed at how much of a difference they made... The boot material is a faux leather so it will be interesting to see if they work as well on real leather, but for the moment I am more than happy at how things have turned out..

Anyway, just thought I'd share with you all in case anyone has ever thought of giving them a go... Oh, and I promise you all, I'm not  on commission from the manufacturers..!!!

new otks (4).jpg

new otks (9).jpg

• Like 2

I got high heel stretchers years ago. A friend's father-in-low sold women's shoes and he loaned me a pair of stretchers. Went out and purchased a pair right away. Highly recommend them.

I have also had shoe stretchers (actually just one, I guess I am twice as slow as everybody else) for a number of years, and yes, they do work. I have two things to add here: 1) You did a good job by taking an entire week to stretch out your boots. I have actually screwed up a shoe by trying to go too much, too fast. 2) If you need to use these for "high" heels, you will need to purchase a different set of stretchers. Those will not work well on heels in the 4 inch + range. They are exactly the same thing, but with an angle put on the stretching part to accommodate the shape of the higher heeled shoes. I am also glad to know they work on man-made material, at least somewhat. I have never tried them on anything but leather before.

• Like 1

Just be careful that you are not pulling the side out from under the foot bed. Go slow as @mlroseplant  suggested.  I actually only have a high heel version of shoe stretchers. Thinking of getting a second pair they're so useful.

• Like 1