Shoe hates

redandwhite

For me it would be boots without zips, it takes me so long to get the dammed things on, getting them off again usually requires help yet I can’t stop buying them, my last 2 pairs were pull ons and I had a couple more pairs before, even just a short zip would make my life so much easier but they do look fantastic once I’ve got them on, I’m also with you on the ballets though, horrible looking things 

• Haha 1

Shoes with sky high platforms. I never saw or understood the popularity of those things which didn't look at all practical.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

FEE WAYBILL

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

Shoes with sky high platforms. I never saw or understood the popularity of those things which didn't look at all practical.

Classic "The Tubes" with Fee Waybill. Rock and Roll from the 70's. The picture above is from 2016.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jetheelsfan said:

UGGs   ---- the name says it all

I can second that!

I hate Ugg boots. I just don't understand why a nice looking young woman will put on a cute outfit and slide on a pair of Ugg boots. Cute little mini skirt, nice top, maybe pantyhose, then Ugg it up. The just look so sloppy and unkept. We need a puking emoji!

Crocks set me off too. I can understand for being lazy around the house, put they should never be seen in public. I have never seen anything that just screams lazy and "lower class" any louder than Crocks.!

Unlike the other comments.  do like platforms, but maybe 2 inches at the most. The ridiculous super high ones are to crazy and should one be worn at home or strip clubs. (Sorry, I do own a pair of 4 inch platforms!)

Edited by Pumped
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, maninboots said:

For me it would be boots without zips, it takes me so long to get the dammed things on, getting them off again usually requires help yet I can’t stop buying them, my last 2 pairs were pull ons and I had a couple more pairs before, even just a short zip would make my life so much easier but they do look fantastic once I’ve got them on, I’m also with you on the ballets though, horrible looking things 

I’m on the other side, I won’t wear shoes that are secured with a zipper.  

Ohhhh, this is a tough one. My first reaction is to say Birkenstocks, because that is the shoe I first had a sort of violent reaction to. In 1990, I had a chance to visit Germany, Austria, and Switzerland as a chaperone to a high school student group. It was a wonderful experience, and I learned more practical German in three weeks than I had in four years of study at college. However, there were these.  .  . sandal-thingies that it seems everyone was wearing over there, often with socks. I remember thinking that I was glad we didn't have these things in the U.S. And then, wouldn't you know, just a very few short years later, they started showing up EVERYWHERE. Arghhhhhhh! With the passage of time, they don't seem nearly as bad as Crocs, but I'd still ban them if I could. I also hate kitten heels, but they are way down the list. Rubber flip flops (thongs to some of you) are generally hideous, especially when they get the least amount of wear on them (which takes about a week), but I rather like the very thin-soled leather ones.

This is way too hard a question for a short answer!

• Like 1

It's funny how one person likes is another person hates'

In the case of boots, I require a full zipper, no dinky half zipper.  My ankle can not slither down a boot without a proper FULL zipper.  I don't even try on boots without full zippers.  I want to wear the boots, not fight with them.

The UGGS of today are not the UGGS of yesteryear. I've had several pairs since the 90's. They are great when you want to warm your feet and they need to dry out.  After a surf session, after a long swim, and after a day on the slopes....

Most of my dislikes have been mentioned here already, and I despise them.  But I need to add flatforms.  Geeze, I hate the way those look.  And of course, it seems the girls love them.  Sad.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Cali said:

FEE WAYBILL

Classic "The Tubes" with Fee Waybill. Rock and Roll from the 70's. The picture above is from 2016.

Wow! That’s crazy!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

Wow! That’s crazy!

Google "The Tubes" and "Fee Waybill" and your see many more crazy heels. 

The crazy heels are part of the act that goes with one song from The Tubes. I seen him several times recently when he played a free concert series and one time he had 12 inch clear platforms plus a heel

Sometimes a small platform (1 inch max) isn’t bad for some shoes as boots  

an hidden 3/8 platform can add some aesthetic to some other shoes as pumps 

i have some combat boots with a thick sole which wouldn’t look nice with a thin sole 

what gets on my nerves is to hear  ‘ I can walk easily in 6 or 7 “ heels ‘ And these people forget to mention the shoes have a 2” platform 

FLIP FLOPS over all else for me ! The sight of them with the foam sole and plastic thong just makes me cringe . I have changed my seating in restaurants because some clown would wear them in the place . Then there is the fact of disgusting  toes hanging out and dirty feet just a few yards from where I am sitting . Oh , and let's not forget the displaced foam / rubber soles of these things ...... really they need a load bearing weight stamped on the sole . I think the rest goes without saying . Pure laziness or you can't  reach your feet are the only reasons these hideous things are made for . 

Edited by maninpumps
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, RonC said:

Most of my dislikes have been mentioned here already, and I despise them.  But I need to add flatforms.  Geeze, I hate the way those look.  And of course, it seems the girls love them.  Sad.  

Oh yeah, I forgot about flatforms. My little gal who was wearing my boots a couple of months ago, posted elsewhere, is a HUGE fan of flatforms. And Crocs. And Birkenstocks. Good thing she's cute, or she would not be allowed in my house anymore. I'm only about 80% kidding.

Did anybody mention jellies? You know, those clear plastic shoes with holes in them that maybe you should wear to the swimming pool (and nowhere else)?  I'm also on the fence about these clear PVC/Lucite heels that seem to be in style lately. Even the designer level heels seem to be incorporating this clear PVC portion. I guess the sandals are OK, and the closed-toed ones are OK from a distance. However, it's a little disconcerting to actually be able to see the smashed together toes inside the shoe when viewed close-up. I'm not sure that's a good look.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2020 at 9:20 PM, Cali said:

croc

Maybe the virus will take them out....Hopefully

On 4/25/2020 at 10:14 PM, 5150PLB1 said:

Birkenstocks 

Yes, and the socks that go with them!

On 4/26/2020 at 7:54 AM, jetheelsfan said:

UGGs   ---- the name says it all

You are soooo right

• Like 2

Espradils! Lets see now, we can wrap the heel in something awful like twine rope. Also hate ANY open toes! Give me a point. The heel could be a golf ball on a rusty nail as long as it had a nice kidd leather point. And who thought up that ugly nude color!!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'd love to say Birkenstocks too, but they have completely disappeared from the streets where I live, just like Crocs. Flipflops on the other hand, women even wear them going out to clubs. HATE the damn things. Still, best to ban them all, cause if I ban flipflops everybody would immediately switch over to Birkenstocks and Crocs in a heartbeat. Also Uggs, one of the most well chosen names to describe a product. And sneakers. Sneakers belong in the gym, just like gym clothes. Anyone who wears them outside of a gym better well be on their way to one or its the fashion police for you!

As for heeled footwear, anything with kittenheels or platforms. The former looks ugly and the latter is just cheating. And looks damn ugly too. On the other hand a platform with some decent heels after subtracting platform height is still better then flipflops, crocs or birkenstocks. So maybe you'll get a C for at least trying.

On 4/26/2020 at 2:15 PM, Cali said:

FEE WAYBILL

There's a reason why the 70's were a decade of crimes against fashion and why it should be stricken from the historical record.

On 8/17/2020 at 3:26 AM, Chorlini said:

There's a reason why the 70's were a decade of crimes against fashion and why it should be stricken from the historical record.

While I agree on most levels with this comment, the current situation is rapidly becoming a total wasteland when it comes to heels, as they are disappearing rapidly.  As stated above, when freaking flip=flops become clubwear, things are deteriorating rapidly.  Seems like we are headed to jeans and t-shirts as being the everyday clothing choice, with sneakers and flip-flops owning the footwear world.  I personally believe this is the worst I've seen in my 69 years.  Yes, the 70's had some garrish selections, but even in the years where heels pretty much disappeared (late 60's to mid-late 70's), the ladies still wore dresses, skirts, and dress shoes, even if the heels were low and chunky.  Now, we see few skirts and dresses, and if a dress is worn, sneakers have become the go to shoe, with flip-flops right there with them.  Sad.  In my opinion, it is a poor reflection on society as a whole.  Studies in schools have  shown that better dress equals better behavior.  People just seem to act differently when dressed better.