Forgetting the heels

luvmaryjanes

When in heels your brain is reminded You are in heels!!! One thing I enjoy the most are those few moments when preoccupied your brain is no longer screaming You are in heels!!!  It becomes as natural as in sneakers. Black kidd leather points are so beautiful!

• Like 5

It does happen every once in a while, but not as often as you'd think, after all these years. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. After all, if you "forget" you're in heels too often, you might take a step in such a way that might be rather inadvisable while wearing heels.

• Like 1

It depends on the type of heel.  Block heel boots and booties, some wedges, I can forget thinking about them. Stilettos and and other small heels, no.  I need to watch where I put my foot. I can even run in some heels.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cali said:

It depends on the type of heel.  Block heel boots and booties, some wedges, I can forget thinking about them. Stilettos and and other small heels, no.  I need to watch where I put my foot. I can even run in some heels.

13 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Yeah I've run in 4" heels before.  It's not as bad as it sounds actually.  

HA! That reminds me of a pair of Söfft sandals I used to own, model name Calvados, right at about a 4" heel and a bit of a platform, for 3+" difference. As far as being light on your feet, you could do just about anything in these heels, including sprint. I don't know what it was about those shoes, but you could actually run for an extended period in them. I finally trashed them out a couple years ago, they were just no longer presentable, aesthetically. I have not really tried to run for more than a few steps in any of the shoes I own presently. I don't think it would be advisable.

Calvados.png

While I like the look of those, I certainly couldn't run in them as they would be flying off my feet.  Anything that doesn't hold secure at the back of the foot just tends to kick off my foot when I walk.  Something about the way my toes work I would guess - I just don't grip well with them?

20 hours ago, RonC said:

While I like the look of those, I certainly couldn't run in them as they would be flying off my feet.  Anything that doesn't hold secure at the back of the foot just tends to kick off my foot when I walk.  Something about the way my toes work I would guess - I just don't grip well with them?

Something about these particular shoes just fit my particular feet, I guess. There was no gripping required. The instep strap fit snugly, to the point where you really couldn't get these on or off hands-free.

There is no way when I am wearing heels can I forget they are in place.  As the old song states: "There's always something there to remind me..."

• Like 1

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.