WFH

Pal

Nice ankle strap sandals....   I have two pair that are very similar, one with a heel and one wedgie...  Bothe extremely comfortable, and fun to wear....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Wearing what you want whilst working at home is about the only good thing to come of the current situation. Its nice to have the time to explore, perhaps a bit of shaving too as this situation is going to continue for a while. A welcome distraction.

I was going to try and sell these, but I decided to put them through my shoe stretchers since these are real suede.  Great now.

New cords too.

Off to work, an eight step commute.

SM Gretchenhh.jpg

• Like 3

I was looking for my punch tool yesterday and found these Steve Madden stilettos sitting in a shelf, hidden by clothes.  I had forgot I even had them, but glad I had.  They fit great.  Off to the 8-step commute and work.  We're now working from home until May 26. And there is talk that it may be extended to July 31. 

WFH040201HH.JPG

WFH040202HH.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 5

I had to go back to my data base to figure what heels these were, when I got them, and why I didn't remember them.

So it turns out that these are Steve Madden Lure Sandal.

A platform sole and lofty stiletto heel make this sandal a bold retro standout. 5 1/2" heel; 3/4" platform (size 8.5). Suede uppers.

In my size 10 its a 5 5/8" heel and 3/4" platform, over a 4 3/4" rise.

I must of gotten these in October/November of last year because I have a picture from 11/10 in them. I guess, I got them on sale or clearance but had to put them away for the spring.  It's spring.

================================================================

These got merged by the system.

================================================================

3 hours ago, ohnoberty said:

Well you can't ask for a better find than that surely. On the other point, another 2 months WFH, i'm hoping that isn't going to be the case here :sad:

Some doctors are telling their patients with other underlining conditions 14 weeks, minimum.

When you don't have regions that ALL shelter in place (can you say lonestar state), then how can you have people from those areas enter your region when you re-open?  What happens is this rotating recurrence until either everybody gets it or a vaccine is developed.

If we are back before 4th of July we will be lucky. This virus can go undetected for a while then explode: NYC, Chicago, Madrid, ....

The life you save by staying home maybe your own.

Edited by Cali

Yes, but Britain is entirely in lockdown, unlike America which is doing it piecemeal. Our restrictions may not be as strict as on the Continent, but they are uniform throughout the land

Edited by Shyheels

23 minutes ago, Cali said:

When you don't have regions that ALL shelter in place (can you say lonestar state), then how can you have people from those areas enter your region when you re-open?  What happens is this rotating recurrence until either everybody gets it or a vaccine is developed.

If we are back before 4th of July we will be lucky. This virus can go undetected for a while then explode: NYC, Chicago, Madrid, ....

The life you save by staying home maybe your own.

Actually Governor Abbott just issued a state-wide order in Texas that fixes a growing problem of navigating some of the lengthy and sometimes questionable local edicts scattered throughout the state.  More importantly, the 1-page order supersedes all conflicting local ordinances.  

I don't see end game to the Wu-Flu with shelter in place and testing - it will only end when like you said enough people get it and/or a vaccine is developed.  That is why everyone is talking mostly right now about how to manage/flatten the curve, rather than how to stop it.  Even the testing is over-hyped - if you get tested, and come back negative, that doesn't magically fix anything.  You may still get the disease tomorrow, and then you'll have to take the test again.  It's best to still stay home if you don't want to get sick.  

• Like 2

The testing is important in understanding the spread of the virus and the % of asymptomatic in the population.  The obvious sick you can avoid, its those that are asymptomatic that get you.

9 minutes ago, Cali said:

The testing is important in understanding the spread of the virus and the % of asymptomatic in the population.  The obvious sick you can avoid, its those that are asymptomatic that get you.

The only test I have seen so far where they are actually doing a mathematical sampling to detect % of the asymptomatic was done on 600 people in Florida:

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/03/30/600-asymptomatic-patients-in-the-villages-tested-for-covid-19-here-are-the-results/

All the rest of the testing I have seen has been either surrounding people who already feel sick or people who think they may have been exposed.  

On 4/2/2020 at 8:35 AM, Cali said:

I was looking for my punch tool yesterday and found these Steve Madden stilettos sitting in a shelf, hidden by clothes.  I had forgot I even had them, but glad I had.  They fit great.  Off to the 8-step commute and work.  We're now working from home until May 26. And there is talk that it may be extended to July 31. 

WFH040201HH.JPG

WFH040202HH.JPG

Those are some awesome heels! Love them!

On 4/2/2020 at 6:49 AM, ohnoberty said:

Today I will be wearing Guiseppe Zanotti whilst WFH.  :happy:

20200402_144134.jpg

Wow, these I want!

Lucky people here, I can't wear any heels at home. Makes it tough to enjoy heels...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hiddenheels said:

Those are some awesome heels! Love them!

Thanks, not my tallest heel, but the difference of 4.63 inch is one of my largest. I have a snake version in my Steve Madden bag right now. Trying to get an incentive like a bigger discount before I buy. Currently they have a 35% off offer but I expect it to go to 40% for a day in the next 10 days

On 4/2/2020 at 11:48 AM, Pierre1961 said:

Hello 

does SAH ( stucked at home) exists in English ?

Pierre 

Well, not exactly, but it IS quite common to abbreviate "Stay-at-home-Mom" as SAHM on the internet. Stuck At Home is very close to that, so let's use it! These days, for example, I'm a SAHD. My wife, on the other hand, is still working. She's "essential."

On 4/2/2020 at 2:08 PM, Cali said:

I had to go back to my database to figure what heels these were, when I got them, and why I didn't remember them.

So it turns out that these are Steve Madden Lure Sandal.

In my size 10, its a 5 5/8" heel and 3/4" platform, over a 4 3/4" rise.

I must have gotten these in October/November of last year because I have a picture from 11/10 in them. I guess I got them on sale or clearance but had to put them away for the spring.  It's spring.

Those are really cool! Or should I say really hot?

It's awfully tough to wire a data center from home, but I will be having a Skype meeting this morning with all the foremen and general foremen. I will be wearing these shoes to that meeting, same as what I've been wearing for the past 2 weeks, with very little exception.

HouseShoes.PNG

1 hour ago, ohnoberty said:

Kurt Geiger Tuesday

Those are very nice. That particular style is kind of hard to find, also. That is, a loafer with a goodly amount of heel on it. You can find loafers with less than 3 1/2" heels on them all day long, but not too many makers offer super high ones.

Never got to it yesterday and a little delayed today as i've been very busy on the run up to Easter. Never the less today's WFH is Carvela 'Sizzle'.

20200409_163246.jpg

Edited by ohnoberty
  • Like 1