Any Dr Martens fan's here? (share your pictures!)

Cl0setheels

I checked the search but couldn't find any topic about this yet, so here goes: Since I've got a bit more spare time I created a new picture of my Docs collection for a Dutch facebook group I am participating in. Seemed like a fun idea to post it here as well. I'm quite the Docs fan and most of the ones I own are with heel. In general they are very comfortable, durable and look a bit rugged. I own 32 pair at the moment (8 without heel but most have a platform!), one pair of boots (second from the top left I bought a second pair of last saturday since they are my favorout docs boots "Belissa" and mine are starting to show they had their good use) aren't on the picture.

Any other docs owners/fan's here? I have seen a few mentions in topics here and there. Would be fun if you shared a picture of your docs (preferably genuine/with heels here)! :D 

DSC_0247.JPG

Edited by Cl0setheels
  • Like 1

@at9 I usually don't like clogs but the Una I wouldn't mind owning (in black). Would be great as 'house shoes' as well. The sole/heel is standard with DM across the range (Diva series in this case) so knowning how the others are from that period they must be very comfy. :) 

Edited by Cl0setheels

1 hour ago, Pierre1961 said:

Yes ,of course. You can make a custom order. Get ready to pay something as 280 $. And be patient as the production is stopped because of that coronashit 

Wow... Those shoes look so awesome. Probably not $280 awesome, at least on my budget, but still... Nice!

I used Dr. Martens "Clemency" boots as construction work boots for a couple of years. They were all right, but both pairs I had failed catastrophically during cold weather, splitting their soles clean in half. I was never tempted to buy them again because of this, and also the fact that I really don't like that "squishy" feeling when I walk. Some people love it, but not me. I had them in both black and a sort of burgandy color.

DocMartenClemency.png

• Like 1

I get what you mean, you either like the soft sole or you hate it. The other heels have less of a soft sole though. I do like those boots! The classic 1460 with a heel. The quality isn't as good anymore since they are produced in China and Vietnam, but is varies per series and country. Even though they sometimes have problems I still really like them. :) I have a large choice and don't wear them intensely so they still last a long time. As long as they get their annual polish. 

14 hours ago, RonC said:

Wow.  I've never seen anything but heavy looking chunky shoes from them.  I'll have to investigate.

Once upon a time, they even tried making stilettos! I'm pretty sure that didn't last very long. I used have a pair of their wedges at one time, which are difficult to find anymore. I believe both of those styles were from their 2011 model year. I was tempted by the oxford style stilettos, but I never found a pair for a price I was willing to pay.

DocMStilettos.png

• Like 2

@mlroseplant
These are the thinnest heels they had. I'm really in love with this "Zita" series but don't own any. I have had the Zita Nevena (low ones without laces) but due the having a high instep they didn't fit properly. Every now and then they still appear on sites like ebay but for the Zita Gilda (the highest) the ask prices upward to 400 which is nuts in my opionion. I would really like to own the Zita Ofira (lowest with laces), Zita Kimora (ankle boot) and the Zita Gilda (knee-high). There is also a chelsea version existing called "Zita Roni" and a sandal called "Zita Raina".

No, I'm no Dr Martens fanatic..at all.. :angel: :happy:

• Like 1

Dr Martens is having a sale and I couldn't keep myself under control. No heels this time but I love them!! Also have a pair of docs shoes under way which are a bit eccentric looking with many laces. :D 

DSC_0333.jpg

Edited by Cl0setheels

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

The topic is the question.

Aha! It all makes sense now. I did give them a fair shake for work, but I eventually came down in the "not a fan" category. And certainly not for home. I did get a lot of comments on them for the couple of years I wore them to work (see above). If I wanted the same effect now, I'd get some packer boots. I assume your objection is on looks, and not necessarily on feel.

• 2 weeks later...

dont know if ti was the good thread but i just discovered this ebay store with some models in the same style ? ( in big size, up to eu 46)

https://www.ebay.fr/str/ellietailor

image.thumb.png.acec479b7de8189659a1122fd0268a5b.png

in fact, iam not a big fan of block heels, and all this models are same style of jeffrey campbell legion (and other models) i think.