Go to footwear while in lockdown?

ohnoberty

One of the few places we are allowed to go out to is the grocery store.  So this morning we set out to Trader Joe's only to find the line outside was 50 people long.  They at least will allow the two of us inside.  It must be Easter as it's been a lot shorter.  The related store Aldi on the other hand only allows one shopper inside, so I got to sit in the car for half an hour.  At least the line was only two people.  I had on my Freebird boots for nobody to see.  We can go get take out food though so I wore them this evening to a local family owned restaurant we frequent.  We went inside to pick up the order.  This shelter in place is getting pretty old fast.  I'd totally lose my mind if not for ham radio for somebody else to talk to.   I did ride the BMW to the office supply (they are considered essential business) and bought their last headset so I don't have to use a cell phone for meetings.  I haven't been on the bike in some time as it has been raining a lot here since January.

• Like 1

I have worn these for today but they are so high that it is most of the time sitting instead of walking ;-)

740F03CE-D370-4A4A-8302-064152436F67.jpeg

On 4/10/2020 at 7:39 AM, Pierre1961 said:

Hello @chrigi-ch

Thank you for your answer. 

I am doing the same. A lot of sports ( hiking,cycling and swimming) .And stretching as well. At present,du to the situation it’s more difficult  

As you I can walk easily on very high heels and have nothing less than 13 cm. And my question was: I cannot walk on less than 13. 

I need ,or flat,or 13 and more.Have you experienced the same? 

Pierre 

Salute @Pierre1961

no, I habe not experienced that, nothing at all.

I have on pair of zoccolies with less heel height and I have no problem with walking in them.

Futher more I have a pair of mules and a pair of open toe slingback with 12cm

but I have no problem with walking on them.

but I realized that it is a different walking in more low heels than in the extreme heels

because more weight i put on the heel and it is getting more wobbly.

christian

• Like 5

@Pierre1961 and @chrigi-ch, kudos to you for being able to wear such steep shoes! Your discussion reminded me of something I read on Jenny's High Stiletto Heels website. HHP basically came from that website a long time ago. It was mostly women back then, and they were having a discussion about a “dead zone” between 4 inch (10 cm) and 5 inch (12.7 cm). If I remember this correctly, and this is now 20 years ago, long before I started wearing high heels myself, a few women were saying that anything 4 inches or less was easy, anything 5 inches or more was difficult, but possible with practice, but a lot of them said that 4.5 inches (11.5 cm) was very awkward for them. I myself have not found this to be true at all. On my U.S. women's size 9, I find 4.5 inches to be a sweet spot for me, the highest I can wear on the street for everyday life, but very possible. Perhaps you (Pierre) are experiencing something like what those women were talking about some 20 years ago. Just a thought? @Bubba136, do you remember that conversation? You may well have been there.

• Like 1

Hello @chrigi-ch

ok. It makes sense.That’s also the feeling I have. So I prefer go with the highest I can 

By the way I like your red shoes. 18 cm and 2 cm platform? 

Take care 

Pierre

You are right @mlroseplant

and it makes sence. 

considering that my size is W12 the corresponding heel height I am fine with,would be for an average woman size 

11 to 12  cm ( 4,1/4 to 4,3/4) for outside 

12 to 13 cm ( 4,3/4 to 5,1/4) on good surfaces 

13 to 14 cm ( 5,1/4 to 5,3/4 ) at home 

15 cm ( 6 inches) is possible but more sitting than walking 

i consider a 2 cm difference is a correct calculation in between size E43 ( mine ) and E 38 ( average woman) 

There is a good heel height/ size table on Italian Heels web site 

Pierre 

On 4/9/2020 at 1:10 PM, chrigi-ch said:

Thats a question of training, i walk in heels every day. My first pair 30 years ago had 14cm and i don‘t go under 12cm, mostly. Sooner or later I was able to walk in real high heels. Walking on 15 or 16cm is a challenge but doable and I enjoy it.

Heels of today,

basically I ordered them (customized wedges) for the reason to wear them at the beach or public swimming pool.

but they are perfect for home office as well :-)

62A3C527-49CE-40C3-8BDC-E24BE500A8A7.jpeg

Wow love these wedges.  Would love to see some more pics of them. Sounds like you have a great home work setup ;-)

• Like 3

I received yesterday, despite thge hole COVID-19-thing these sexy heels from fuss-schuhe.de.
So I made them the home office heels of the day.

HH-FF-14kl.thumb.jpg.4d20c6b77aa867a0d953fec94566a958.jpg

19 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Wow love these wedges.  Would love to see some more pics of them. Sounds like you have a great home work setup ;-)

be patience ;-)

• Like 4

On 4/10/2020 at 9:40 PM, blueparrot said:

One of the few places we are allowed to go out to is the grocery store.  So this morning we set out to Trader Joe's only to find the line outside was 50 people long.  They at least will allow the two of us inside.  It must be Easter as it's been a lot shorter.  The related store Aldi on the other hand only allows one shopper inside, so I got to sit in the car for half an hour.  At least the line was only two people.  I had on my Freebird boots for nobody to see.  We can go get take out food though so I wore them this evening to a local family owned restaurant we frequent.  We went inside to pick up the order.  This shelter in place is getting pretty old fast.  I'd totally lose my mind if not for ham radio for somebody else to talk to.   I did ride the BMW to the office supply (they are considered essential business) and bought their last headset so I don't have to use a cell phone for meetings.  I haven't been on the bike in some time as it has been raining a lot here since January.

My three month "leave" from flying is about to begin....This is going to be tough

12 hours ago, pebblesf said:

My three month "leave" from flying is about to begin....This is going to be tough

I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope your time at home turns out to be way more productive than mine has so far!

• Like 1

Already one month of lockdown so far.At least one more to go. Maybe more if older people have to stay home longer. 

I have canceled all my reservations ( flights,hotels) One after the other. I used to have at least 5 to 10 in front of me for the next 2/3 months. Today:none! Never happened. Is that a way to prepare myself to the real retirement? No! As long as I will be able to move,I want to travel. That’s the better opportunity for wearing heels. 

The good thing is all airlines and hotels companies will assure their clients to keep the same status they had at the beginning of the year 

And an other positive one,is I can train at home with higher heels than usual. Maybe 5 to 10 more millimeters could be possible for outside walk after the lockdown finishes. Not granted! Answer in a few weeks. 

Take care everybody  

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope your time at home turns out to be way more productive than mine has so far!

Yeah, we will be having the kitchen redone....Hopefully, the contractor will catch up and get to us before I have to go back to work...

On 4/17/2020 at 12:50 AM, maninboots said:

Sitting watching the television with my wife wearing my black tortoise shell heeled knee high boots, making the most of no kids around for a few days 

26E37872-AC20-42EC-AF9B-1CBF0AAC2ABE.jpeg

Lovely mate! 

:-)

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 1

slightly off topic and a bit selfish but i love lockdown.

i can wear what i want and be who i want working from home.

sitting at my desk in go to flats.

what will happen when we get back to normal.

I dont suspect i am the only one.

IMG_3657.jpg

That's the best part of being a full-time high heel wearer. Wearing high heels is my normal.

3 hours ago, peterw said:

i can wear what i want and be who i want working from home.

what will happen when we get back to normal.

I dont suspect i am the only one.

With working from home I'm not in high heels walking as much as I need to me.  With so much more extra work I now have to do via the internet, I sit too much.

After a week of "vacation", I'm back in my studio in Jessica Simpson knee high stiletto suede boots today.  

Edited by Cali

Sometimes you have to look through all your "old" (heels that you alleady longer own) and you will find a treasure;
home-office-heel of today: Giaro Galana 1002 - and I love them, they are soooo comfy.

HH-FF-15-Giaro-kl.thumb.jpg.1e5f0c26d22ed2f2d12a26fa83872108.jpg

• Like 8

I bought such a pair a few years ago. It was my extreme heels period.

Tried to master them. Failed ! 

They finished in the trash bin. 

Much happier at present with “ normal “16 cm  single sole 

But please tell us when you are ok with these shoes. Won’t be jealous. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Since I am stuck here is an outfit try. 

Wouldn’t be what I feel like wearing publicly. But fun for lockdown work at home 

11118384-1E1E-4C3E-B7EA-C27496BE884A.jpeg

Love your outfit, Pierre. All pieces go very well together! Impressive heels, too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 2:06 AM, tina said:

these babies

taps3.png

Hi,

it looks like something is attached or glued to the bottoms of those shoes?  Is that the case? If so, what is it?

16 hours ago, vector said:

Hi,

it looks like something is attached or glued to the bottoms of those shoes?  Is that the case? If so, what is it?

there are taps added to these babies :) .