Go to footwear while in lockdown?

ohnoberty

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Its more than a matter of keeping up appearances - or it is to me, at any rate. I've worked from a home office for 25 years and find  that making an effort to dress for work, whatever the style, is important in setting a tone, reminding yourself that you have left home and are now at the office, working. 

Yes but here it is not home office, not organized as you probably do.

It is working in the kitchen, then move to the dining room when the children want to eat something in the day, then go to the bedroom for some phone call, etc.

Ha! I only wish my actual office was as official sounding as you imagine, but I'm afraid it is very much seat-of-the-pants. Its just that I've been doing its for 25 years. As long as I've a laptop, an external hard drive for back up, a card reader for my camera cards,  and a cafetière handy, I'm ready to work in any room in the house...

I've hard a room with my office since the 80's. network, computers, printers, scanners, ...

Had to add  a network cable to my breakfast nook, set up camera(s), lights etc for the "Home Studio" when this started.

@AlexC94

Why not appropriate? At home you (and basically everywhere) can wear whatever you like in my opinion! :) 

Don't really have a go-to pair, but since working from home every day is heels day! Attached a picture of the outfit of the day (Iron Fist Grave Robber heels and black skinny).

DSC_0291.jpg

Edited by Cl0setheels
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, chrigi-ch said:

Thats a nice side effect with COVID-19.
I can wear heels all day long and combine it with nice cloth.
So today was 1969- and Fuss-heels day:
HH-FF-11.thumb.jpg.5ae913823273128335d0361d2c65fa38.jpg

picture of the Fuss-heels is down...

here is the second photo of the heels

HH-FF-10.thumb.jpg.1e8ee7b50dc5adf106cd8cdcb8157c5a.jpg

Oh yes! With heels like those there is a silver lining.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ohnoberty said:

They're fantastic, what are they?

They are from the special high heels shop "LA PIAZZA", which is as far as I know, not alive anymore (but I can be wrong) http://www.lapiazza-highheels.com/
I found them by random some weeks go from a english guy on ebay who seem to have a nice collection but has to stop wearing them because of an foot injury.
I have always loved the heels from LA PIAZZA but I could not afford them these days.
The size is EU43, heel is 15cm and the small plateau is 1cm.

Edited by chrigi-ch
  • Like 1

ohnoberty : I have been known to error, so do not hold me to this. The white heeled shoes - chrigi-ch - displays may be found on a site called BEDROOM HEELS . I don't recall ever purchasing anything from them. So at least look at the site. Maybe you will get lucky.     spikesmikeDSCF4021.thumb.JPG.d31a0310ddcb8414e611db4be2e43a0b.JPG

48 minutes ago, spikesmike said:

ohnoberty : I have been known to error, so do not hold me to this. The white heeled shoes - chrigi-ch - displays may be found on a site called BEDROOM HEELS . I don't recall ever purchasing anything from them. So at least look at the site. Maybe you will get lucky.     spikesmikeDSCF4021.thumb.JPG.d31a0310ddcb8414e611db4be2e43a0b.JPG

@spikesmike And @ohnoberty maybe I don‘t know anything about the heels I am buying ;-)

but if you go to http://www.lapiazza-highheels.com/ph__d.htm

you will find on top of the page these heels called Juanita.

so, @spikesmike you can search on bedheels.com but you will find not the whiteheeled Juanita type chunky heels from LAPiazza.

by the way the sticker in the white heeled Juanita shoe sais: LaPiazza

So these are the Juanita from Lapiazza. Seen them previously, so many great pairs there where do you start. 

Not been to bedheels before, will of course have to go and have a look. Usually a bad idea as I tend to end up with something new :-)

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, chrigi-ch said:

My homeoffice heels of today :-)

HH-FF-13kl.thumb.jpg.5a7875ac83dffd5bfe4a2c5a0b33ec12.jpg

This is another WOW moment, i'm really loving these, I seriously need to go shopping. You must have the most awsome shoe closet on the planet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ohnoberty said:

This is another WOW moment, i'm really loving these, I seriously need to go shopping. You must have the most awsome shoe closet on the planet.

Absolutely gorgeous but how the hell do you manage to walk in those heels, a bit beyond my limit now I’m afraid mate 

58 minutes ago, maninboots said:

Absolutely gorgeous but how the hell do you manage to walk in those heels, a bit beyond my limit now I’m afraid mate 

Thats a question of training, i walk in heels every day. My first pair 30 years ago had 14cm and i don‘t go under 12cm, mostly. Sooner or later I was able to walk in real high heels. Walking on 15 or 16cm is a challenge but doable and I enjoy it.

Heels of today,

basically I ordered them (customized wedges) for the reason to wear them at the beach or public swimming pool.

but they are perfect for home office as well :-)

62A3C527-49CE-40C3-8BDC-E24BE500A8A7.jpeg

• Like 8

Hello @chrigi-ch

nice wedges! And we can often see very nice shoes on your feet  

one question: I also walk on heels nearly every day. 14 cm is my average height for outside. 15 is ok on good surfaces. 

16 is challenging but still ok. But,i CAN’T walk on less than 13!  Have you experienced the same?

note: walk on flat is without any problem  

thanks  

Pierre 

9 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Hello @chrigi-ch

nice wedges! And we can often see very nice shoes on your feet  

one question: I also walk on heels nearly every day. 14 cm is my average height for outside. 15 is ok on good surfaces. 

16 is challenging but still ok. But,i CAN’T walk on less than 13!  Have you experienced the same?

note: walk on flat is without any problem  

thanks  

Pierre 

Hello @Pierre1961

Thank you for your compliment. As you maybe know from our last conversations I really love the high ones.
Let's say I have only heels higher than 12cm.
But this hight I have no problem to walk.
I am doing a lot of sports and as well after all that I do a lot of stretching a well with my legs, ankles und feet and all the othr part of my body.1
Maybe that is the reason why I do not have any pain while wearing heels.

Hello @chrigi-ch

Thank you for your answer. 

I am doing the same. A lot of sports ( hiking,cycling and swimming) .And stretching as well. At present,du to the situation it’s more difficult  

As you I can walk easily on very high heels and have nothing less than 13 cm. And my question was: I cannot walk on less than 13. 

I need ,or flat,or 13 and more.Have you experienced the same? 

Pierre