Go to footwear while in lockdown?

ohnoberty

A bit of fun!

Now that we're moving in to this unfortunate and strange situation where many of us are now having to effectively stay at home or work from home, it may mean that we can wear what we want, more often.

So to start off: you're at home, what are your go-to heels that you just throw on and chill with?

Here's mine.

cjg-misha.jpg

• Like 5

My regular at home beaters. I love the ability to slip these on and off at will.  It doesn't matter what I wear on my feet because I am not broadcasting that part of the image from my studio.

I have a new pair of these Steve Madden mules still in the box.

beatershh.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

I pull on a pair of Nine West pumps a couple of times a day for a few minutes. They are my highest heel, I'm just using them to keep my ankles trained till this blows over. Otherwise, flip-flops...

• Like 1

I have a few pair that I like to wear around the house, but lately it has been these nearly-beat-to-death BCBGirls Bonny open toed mules. My feeling about these mirrors Cali's feelings about his SMs in a couple of ways. Number one, they're very easy to slip on and off, which is kind of important at our house, as we insist on no shoes upstairs where the bedrooms are. Number two, I also like to wear them out a lot in the summertime, so I managed to find another pair brand new (they are a long discontinued model) a while ago. Fairly recently, I ran across yet another brand new pair for pretty cheap, so I bought them also. Now I have three pair!

BonnyoldSm.JPG

HouseShoes.PNG

Edited by mlroseplant
Clarity
  • Like 5

mlrose......   Nice sandals.  I have few pair that are a similar style.  Easy on, easy off, and they look nice....  Lately I have been running around in these VanEli Melea sandals that I have had for a few years.  Love these sandals, comfy and fun to wear.    

Stay isolated.....    sf

IMG_2263.jpg

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

6 hours ago, tina said:

these babies

taps3.png

Tap dancing your way through this?

We all need something to do (I don't, I'm very busy with work and  I have a garden full of gophers). Why not take up a new hobby, and to be able to include high heels into this new hobby is even better! Great job Tina!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Day 15 of self imposed isolation...  It’s getting boring...  We have only been out 3 times for a quick trip to the store, mask and gloves of course...  To brighten things up, this morning I gave myself a pedicure and put on my most favorite pair of heeled sandals.  Did not go anywhere yet,  no place to go, so will just hang around the hacienda or maybe take a drive to the high desert, lots of open - lonely - and pretty places out there.  

As for the sandals, I have had these for several years now.  When I saw them I fell in love with them instantly.  The style and look simply appealed to me.  It was my first pair of “kitten” heels, I was a bit apprehensive about that but it has never been a problem.  The only thing I don’t like is they are not an easy slip-on off shoe.  They are made by VanEli and the style is Merlion, Size 11M.  The sandals are all leather construction, and are very well made.  I have worn these sandals a lot they feel great on, although I wouldn’t want to take a long hike in them. As with my other heels, most folks don’t notice or care, but I have gotten the most compliments  when out in these shoes, from both guys and gals, but mostly gals.  They want to know where they can get a pair.  Unfortunately, they have not been made for a few seasons.  Fortunately (for me) I had foresight enough to actually buy a second pair for when these give out.  

The wife has a pair too,  but she is a slip-on gal and does not like them as much as me...

Here are a few pics of my favorite sandals along with my purple pedicure.....   Be safe all, stay isolated, this too will pass...  sf

4FE1FCF3-F8F5-425F-B708-AC34026A133E.jpeg

D63C6733-BED1-4F23-99B5-3AE09D3E5E05.jpeg

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Its more than a matter of keeping up appearances - or it is to me, at any rate. I've worked from a home office for 25 years and find  that making an effort to dress for work, whatever the style, is important in setting a tone, reminding yourself that you have left home and are now at the office, working. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

Go to footwear...

Go to where ?

All these shoes and nowhere to go :bawling:

These times have been a sharp reminder to me to live our lives to the fullest, and seize every opportunity as if it will be your last.  Covid-19 has probably changed my life forever.  I used to travel every week for work, and walk through hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, and airports.  Today, my job had changed and it is likely months, maybe years before I will be able to do that again, and it will never be at the level of frequency as before.  In my travels, I have even had the pleasure of meeting some of the people on this forum!  Life is too short not to wear heels, seize the chance to while you still can.  

• Like 3