Freestyling in the Age of Coronavirus

JeffB

• 2 weeks later...

“Pride goes before the fall”

Rise of the East, fall of the West. May as well accept it now, imho.

Entire countries in the East are already Green

Many countries in the West struggle to contain the virus.

France and Austria are already both following this model.  Not sure the extent of border restrictions yet between zones.

9FFADD46-6D31-45B7-915D-FF3ED0A9ACA6.jpeg

Edited by kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 5/9/2020 at 8:16 PM, kneehighs said:

When will it end?  It's a rhetorical question.

Nope

Only hope is virus "self-decadence" ie "reproducing" with itself and corrupting its own genetics.

Otherwise, it will survive here when people have get rid of it there, and conversely...

Here, media explain how the virus can still spread after 50 days of quarantine.

Answer is because it spreads within families. We have a lot of people exchanging their kids with their ex. every week, thus "families" of several dozens of people do exist.

It can turn forever. 

I see this pandemic continuing until we have a vaccine, similar to polio. I remember the public polio vaccine clinics in the early 60's. The trouble is, now there's 350+ million doses needed and the ability to administer those doses. And that's just the U.S.

I expect this to last until August 2021. I expect to see hot spots crop up (like the clubs in Korea) especially among people who under estimates how this virus spreads and with a-systemic carriers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cali said:

I see this pandemic continuing until we have a vaccine, similar to polio. I remember the public polio vaccine clinics in the early 60's. The trouble is, now there's 350+ million doses needed and the ability to administer those doses. And that's just the U.S.

I expect this to last until August 2021. I expect to see hot spots crop up (like the clubs in Korea) especially among people who under estimates how this virus spreads and with a-systemic carriers.

In full agreement.  

• Like 1

This whole event is nothing but a big scam.  All about the “new world order.  So far, not one “expert” has been right in their assessment.  Seem to me that all the money guys and pols want it to last forever. Nothing we little guy can do about it but turn off the TV, take it one day at a time, buy bullets and ride it out.  But, things are loosening up around here.  I’ll be able to get a haircut next week and buy more bullets. ;-)

:-)

Edited by Bubba136
Stuff to add

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

12 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

This whole event is nothing but a big scam.  All about the “new world order.  So far, not one “expert” has been right in their assessment.  Seem to me that all the money guys and pols want it to last forever. Nothing we little guy can do about it but turn off the TV, take it one day at a time, buy bullets and ride it out.  But, things are loosening up around here.  I’ll be able to get a haircut next week and buy more bullets. ;-)

:-)

Democrats need to learn experts aren’t always right. Republicans need to learn experts aren’t always wrong.  Progressives need to learn the state isn’t always to be counted on.  Libertarians should learn the state can succeed.

Each group has a blind spot when it comes to learning.  Without  the incentive to learn, there’s no learning. Sadly, this crisis doesn’t seem to provide enough incentive for any group.

As for this little guy, I’m going to remain right here in NYC.  Smack in the middle of Ground Zero.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cali said:

But you don;t want that place to be six-feet under.

That's just temporary.  The soul is eternal, and I like to think that this one will be wearing heels forever.  

3 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Trying to figure out my next haircut....

quarantine haircuts.jpg

Oh, my! I'd go with the Mork! Can't imagine you looking like Barry Gibb circa 1978 (top row left), ditto with a mullet or whatever the heck the one next to that is!  :giggle:

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Easy fix...consider the "Telly Savalas" look.  (You youngster google Telly Savalas.)  Since I am follically deficient, I don't really have this problem.  

But my eye brows do need a trim, side effect of a drug, extra long eye brows and eye lashes.  

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 5:00 AM, JeffB said:

Oh, my! I'd go with the Mork! Can't imagine you looking like Barry Gibb circa 1978 (top row left), ditto with a mullet or whatever the heck the one next to that is!  :giggle:

Wow, besides Mork I didn’t  even know who these people were tbh. Just googled for 1970s hair styles for men, since back then funny looking longer hair was a stereotype on men

On a serious note, I need to stop by my barber shop to see if they posted private contact emails/details for at home hair cuts.

Edited by kneehighs

12 hours ago, Cali said:

Easy fix...consider the "Telly Savalas" look.  (You youngster google Telly Savalas.)  Since I am follically deficient, I don't really have this problem.  

But my eye brows do need a trim, side effect of a drug, extra long eye brows and eye lashes.  

I personally prefer the Yul Brynner look.

Edited by mlroseplant

Seeing I haven't been to the barber shop since early March, I fear I'm gonna look like THIS guy before too long:

th.jpg

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Got my haircut just before lunch today.  Didn’t worry much about style but more about weight it had been so long since I had it cut last.  

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My son, who has a lot of hair, and genetically has a possibility of actually keeping it into old age, went for the Yul Brynner look. It grew out to normal looking within 3 weeks. My hair is actually almost behaving itself in its longer state. I might just keep it. Luckily, I'm not quite to the stage where I resemble Ben Franklin.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 11:49 AM, kneehighs said:

WITH LOVE FROM VILNIUS: THE NEW OUTDOOR ECONOMY?

“Plazas, squares, streets – nearby cafes will be allowed to set up outdoor tables free of charge this season and thus conduct their activities during quarantine,” said Remigijus Šimašius. Public safety remained the city’s top priority, the mayor said, but the measure should help cafes to “open up, work, retain jobs and keep Vilnius alive.  Eighteen of the city’s public spaces, including its central Cathedral Square, have been opened up for outdoor cafes and restaurants, city hall said, and more are expected to be added as the summer progresses. The move has been welcomed by owners, with more than 160 applying to take up the offer."

Outdoor Economy Trend continues from Tel Aviv

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/tel-aviv-to-convert-11-city-center-streets-into-pedestrian-zones-628434

I don't have a "hair issue" as I do the same with my head as I do with my beard, but not as often. Every 3-4 days i use the same razor on my head as my face. I gave up on the concept of hair on my head a few years back and keep it clean and shiny.

25 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

This whole situation has been a good test of how self-sustainable we really are.  My wife cuts my hair, so I got it cut this morning.  

Having your wife do it is not really "self-sustainable".  Now if you did yourself, then I would agree. 

I have already done a minor hair trim on myself, but I need my eye brows cut/shaped. Last time was back in March days before it all closed, I saw it coming and went in about 2 weeks earlier than needed.  Now my brows are getting caught by my eye lashes and poking me in my eyes (it a side effect of needed eye drops). I freak out with scissors near my eyes, so I have them done whenever they start poking, about 4 to 5 times a year.  (I know, high maintenance, but worth it.)

While I can do a great pedi on myself, I rather have it done. Much easier. I can also do a okay manicure, but don't have the gel equipment, nor do I want to invest in it. Just waiting for my nail artist to come back. And then just wait in line to get an appointment.

• Like 1