How did you come across this forum?

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Yes this is overwhelmingly a friendly and accepting site.

I will generally agree, but it hasn't always been! When I first joined, I felt a certain amount of suspicion and hostility. Considering who has come and gone over the years, and who has gotten banned, I know that this is not my imagination. I think we're in a reasonable comfortable place nowadays.

16 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Imagine my slow and steady awe as I browsed deeper and discovered that "For the guys" didn't just have mostly guys that admired girls in heels... they were mostly guys WEARING heels.  Honestly, my first reaction was, you guys are weird!

Yup, I'm weird, but I'm the most normal weird guy you'll ever meet!

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with being "weird."  Consider Weird Al, funny, talented, definitely weird, and worth millions.  I love that guy.  

As for me, I do my thing (weird?  probably), and it works for me.  The wife and kids still hang around, and that's all I really care about.  Have fun....   sf

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

LOL I've spent most of my life being called weird for all sorts of reasons, so I'm definitely not opposed to that.  I actually like the satisfaction of figuring weird things out.  Wearing heels is not EASY, so surely there must be some reward from it to make it worth the effort people take to go out of their way to wear them.  People who don't try things just because they think it is weird are missing out!  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

It always seemed to me that a guy who wasn't at least a little curious to see what it was like to wear heels must have absolutely no imagination 

So many guys I have talked to about my heels will make a comment about how uncomfortable it must be, or that I am about to break my ankles.  It makes me think, how do they think women wear them?  Have men really become such weenies that they can't wear heels?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, p1ng74 said:

So many guys I have talked to about my heels will make a comment about how uncomfortable it must be, or that I am about to break my ankles.  It makes me think, how do they think women wear them?  Have men really become such weenies that they can't wear heels?  

Guys? I get this from women all the time.  They try to transfer their experience to me and I wont let them. They don't have the skill (balance and muscle tone) or they make bad choices in the heels they buy. I had a younger (20 something) tell me that she was mad at me because I made wearing high heels look like wearing running shoes (trainers for you brits).

To me wearing the right high heel was VERY EASY. It took less than a minute to find my balance and off I went. Been wearing ever since.

19 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

17 hours ago, Cali said:

Guys? I get this from women all the time.  They try to transfer their experience to me and I wont let them. They don't have the skill (balance and muscle tone) or they make bad choices in the heels they buy. I had a younger (20 something) tell me that she was mad at me because I made wearing high heels look like wearing running shoes (trainers for you brits).

To me wearing the right high heel was VERY EASY. It took less than a minute to find my balance and off I went. Been wearing ever since.

I get this all the time as well, from both men and women, but yeah, mostly from women! There is often some excuse about having had surgery, or some other leg/foot issue. If it's somebody that I know somewhat and it becomes a discussion, I often end up saying simply that you can't wear high heels because you don't really want to, and that's ok!

Unlike Cali, it took me years to perfect walking in heels. Not so much because I had any trouble with balance, but because I looked like hell walking in them. It's just been recently that I can walk up to a storefront, see my reflection in the window, and not cringe a little bit.

• Like 1

Wearing high heels did not come naturally to me, there was a learning curve but it was not that difficult.  Some practice and I was there.  As for other guys and heels, during my heeling "career" I have been complimented by at least two guys who expressed admiration and, for lack of a better word, jealousy over that fact that I was wearing high heels.  Both were complimentary and said they wish they could wear heels.  I smiled and told them that anyone can wear heels, you just have to want to do it.  I hope they took my recommendation.  Have fun....   sf  

• Like 3

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 4 weeks later...

this is funny:  i wasn't much of a computer guy back then, but the first thing i typed into the search engine was:  high heels.  way back in 2002!  (didn't know enough to delete the history!  ha!)

• 7 months later...

I think I found this site about 10 years ago when I was about 13 or 14. I made an account but never dared to post except for maybe one or two times, as I felt like everyone already knew each other and that I would just get criticised or ignored. The forum was a completely different look back then

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MyOwnHeels said:

I think I found this site about 10 years ago when I was about 13 or 14. I made an account but never dared to post except for maybe one or two times, as I felt like everyone already knew each other and that I would just get criticised or ignored. The forum was a completely different look back then

Well, good to have you back. And so active too, since your return! Amazing that already at that tender young age you had such a strong interest in heels.

23 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Well, good to have you back. And so active too, since your return! Amazing that already at that tender young age you had such a strong interest in heels.

Yeah, was always into them as a kid but I assumed every girl was

20 minutes ago, Bubba136 said:

Did you use the same pass name?

No, not the same name. I honestly can't remember what my name was back then, I think I used a sudonym too but I honestly can't remember it. 

On 12/17/2020 at 8:20 AM, MyOwnHeels said:

The forum was completely different period, back then. Like I said several years ago, it was almost kind of hostile to newcomers. I certainly didn't feel welcome at first. Now, I would like to give the impression that we're just a bunch of boring weirdos. Like for example, I just finished recording my brass arrangement, a sort of augmentation to the organ, for our church's online Christmas Eve service. My 11 year old son played the tuba, and I played the three upper parts, cornet, alto horn (what you Brits call a tenor horn), and euphonium. What could possibly be more dull than that?

3 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I had a wild afternoon yesterday watching The African Queen with a bowl of popcorn in my lap. I was wearing my heavy suede otk boots - as I do when I am writing - as they are nice and warm in a chilly house.

I got just two words for you: Bore Ring. I don't know how we manage to get up in the morning, knowing we're going to be so boring during the day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I can remember is that one day she quit appearing on her site and another member kept the site going until he lost the source code and the site went off line. 

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On 3/31/2020 at 12:57 PM, p1ng74 said:

Perhaps they are just trying to justify not trying to wear heels because of comfort/pain/injury, but in reality they wish they had the courage to wear them...

On 12/20/2020 at 3:07 PM, Bubba136 said:

Even the most mundane things can be done while wearing heels:-)

So true, wearing my boots makes even those most dreaded chores almost enjoyable...

• Like 1

I’m sure there must be a degree of pent-up latent curiosity out there - what’s it like to wear, walk in, heels? There would have to be. Heels are an iconic part of the culture even if they are no longer so widely worn. Plus, for guys, high heels have an element of the forbidden. One would have to have very limited imagination not to have at least a teensy bit of curiosity and sneaky desire to see what it felt like to wear heels, even for an hour. And so, a bit of jealousy towards those who dared.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Chorlini said:

Me too. What happened to her by the way? Anyone who still knows?

I wonder that from time to time myself. She put out a lot of great practical material as far as advice and training exercises that is lost to the ages as far as I know. I don't remember a lot about the details of the advice, but I do remember there was quite a lot of reading material she had written, and also that photoshop was in its infancy! Jenny seemed to have this need to artificially stick on an inch or two of extra heel. At the time, there were not a lot of photos out there showing models in impressive heel heights. Sometimes the results were cringeworthy, especially by today's standards.

13 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I’m sure there must be a degree of pent-up latent curiosity out there - what’s it like to wear, walk in, heels? There would have to be. Heels are an iconic part of the culture even if they are no longer so widely worn. Plus, for guys, high heels have an element of the forbidden. One would have to have very limited imagination not to have at least a teensy bit of curiosity and sneaky desire to see what it felt like to wear heels, even for an hour. And so, a bit of jealousy towards those who dared.

It took a while for shoes to find its way up to the top of my curiosity.  For much of my earlier life I shopped for shoes like a child - pick something somewhat comfortable and not too offensive looking, and throw it away a few months later when it is worn out.  Between this lack of real experience with nice shoes, and all the mainstream depictions of women kicking their heels off and rubbing their feet in pain, I had never imagined wearing heels would be any sort of interesting experience beyond walking on your tip toes.  But then I discovered cowboy boots, and heels, and this forum...

• Like 1

I quite liked the tall boots that girls were allowed to wear right back when I was a kid - heeled or no, didn't make much difference to me, I wanted a pair, although high-heeled boots had the added lustre of the forbidden, or rather, the heels emphasised the forbidden aspect of wearing tall boots. I have several pair of knee and otk boots with standard heels and I like them a lot. Lately my go-to pair have been heavy grey suede otk boots with 3.5" cuban heels. I like their style and my own sense of rule-breaking when I wear them

• Like 5

Life continues despite current conditions.  This morning, on my way to visit a client experiencing business difficulties due to “the virus,” I stopped at one of my favorite restaurants for breakfast.  Since temperatures for this region have been significantly below normal over the past several days, I wasn’t surprised to see several women warmly dressed including boots.  One lady in particular, was wearing a pair of knee high black boots with rather thick 4” heels.  Very attractive with cuffs at the top.  It isn’t often these days that I see any woman wearing footwear that appeals to me.  However, this particular pair caught my eye to point where I admitted that I wouldn’t mind owning a pair for myself.  Before I could approach her to inquire as to where sh purchased them, she had finished eating and had left the restaurant.  I was wearing a pair of black suede Nine West Ankle boots with 4 3/4” heels, which I bought in the spring of 2008 and are one of my favorite “go to” pair of cold weather footwear.

• Like 2

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...