How did you come across this forum?

I am interested in knowing how you came across this forum. I myself typed in Google men wearing heels forum and this website came up.  I haven't really found another forum like this one on the web. I'm glad that I am a member here. :cheeky:.

I had long wanted to have a nice pair of tall boots - I wasn’t fussed about heels or not - I just liked the elegance of the knee and OTK boots women were allowed to wear and men were not. After many years I decided to wear what I pleased whether it was deemed appropriate or not. Finding fashionable tall boots in my large size is not easy - almost everything you find in larger sizes is fetish stuff which I loathe. Eventually I went the custom route and now have several very nice pair. I came across this site while searching for fashionable knee and OTK boots in larger sizes and stayed and have contributed ever since. And have since tried - and liked - high-heeled tall boots! Good fun, an adventurous step out of the staid and ordinary.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

I started to wear 4 plus inch heels for a medical reason, could not walk without heels for 5 months. During that time I discovered that high heels also solved another bigger issue with my body. So I started to research men in high heels and came across this site.

On 3/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, heellover00 said:

I am interested in knowing how you came across this forum. I myself typed in Google men wearing heels forum and this website came up.  I haven't really found another forum like this one on the web. I'm glad that I am a member here. :cheeky:.

No need for me to add anything else, i did exactly the same as you, so glad I did, didn’t realise until i found hhp how many more men shared my passion, particularly here in the uk, thought i was pretty much on my own, really pleasantly surprised 

• Like 1

It seems like Jenny's was how I found it as well . I have also found it listed in other sites . Some of the other sites have members from here listed in response columns , I have found that to be a good showing from HHP members . 

I came at this high heel thing from a different angle than most who are presently here. I have been attracted to high heels from an early age, as in before puberty, but I figured it wasn't an option to wear them myself in public, it didn't occur to me to do so, and indeed I felt guilty about the couple of pairs of heels I did own sporadically as a young adult. When I got married at the age of 26, my new wife made it pretty clear that she was thrilled with my passion for shoes, but that I was going to have to express this passion vicariously through her. Me wearing heels was something that she found disturbing.

Naturally, I was always trying to get her to wear heels more often, and wear higher heels than what she would choose on her own. Of course, the complaint was that it wasn't practical to wear heels as much as I would have liked her to. I came across a website back in the year 2000, called Jenny's High Stiletto Heels. I was searching for information on how to train to be able to wear high heels longer and more comfortably. Jenny had a section of her website which was devoted to just that issue, and as I recall Jenny was talking about walking miles in very high stilettos, which I didn't even think was possible! Needless to say, I was intrigued and I started visiting the site, and later the chat room regularly, where there were a number of women who evidently wore insanely high (or so it seemed to me at the time) heels pretty much all the time. For whatever reason, Jenny quit doing the website, this must have been in about 2001 or 2002, something like that, and it kind of morphed into this website, and gradually it became more of a men wearing high heels website. It was at this point that I temporarily lost interest, because I still didn't think that was something I would ever be allowed to do, and I even convinced myself that I looked terrible in high heels anyway.

Fast forward a few years, one divorce later (having absolutely nothing to do with shoes), and I found myself thinking that I would like to wear clogs. My ex-wife had a pair of clogs (not high heeled) that I used to wear around the house a lot (we wore the same size), and even my ex-wife was OK with that, having spent a lot of time in Sweden. Naturally, as my interest in heels had not changed over the years, it wasn't long before I was buying clogs with a bit of a heel, like 2 - 2 1/2 inches. And then I bought a pair with 3 1/2 inch heels, occasionally wore those in public, was scared to death but thrilled at the same time. Several months later, I bought ANOTHER pair of clogs which had 4 1/2 inch fairly narrow tapered wooden heels, and it was at the point when I wore those out in public and the sky did not fall that I remembered hhplace, realized that I now fit into the community, which by that time had for all practical purposes become a men's high heel website, and I joined. And so here I am.

• Like 3

I found this site when I was "surfin the web" way back in 2002 and been here ever since.  Glad I found it too.  Hard to believe it was that long ago.  I have ben attracted to gals shoes since I was a pre teen, not sure why, it's just me.  In 1996 I began to wear gals high heels and as mlroseplant says, "the sky did not fall."  

Been wearing heels ever since.  The experience, details and stories of others here has helped me realize that I am not the only guy out "here" who enjoys wearing high heels.  Very nice indeed....  

Have fun all....    sf  

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Wow, I just checked to see when I joined and it was January 2002 - 18 years ago.  Hard to recall how I found the site, but likely a Google search for men wearing high heels brought me here.  I, like others have noted, found it reassuring that there were, in fact, others that shared my enjoyment of and desire to wear high heels.  What I do find puzzling is how many others have come and gone, even though they indicated they were heel lovers/wearers.  There is nowhere else on the web that I have found that deals specifically with this subject, so if one is a male heel wearer, I can't believe you wouldn't remain active here once you found the site.  With whom do these others share their passion and receive the feedback like we all get from this site.  Yes, there are many here that enjoy a segment of heel wearing that I personally do not gravitate toward, such as those that like extreme heel heights and thigh high boots, but we all are heel lovers and as such have something in common with experiences and information to share, which is what keeps me here!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RonC said:

Wow, I just checked to see when I joined and it was January 2002 - 18 years ago.  Hard to recall how I found the site, but likely a Google search for men wearing high heels brought me here.  I, like others have noted, found it reassuring that there were, in fact, others that shared my enjoyment of and desire to wear high heels.  What I do find puzzling is how many others have come and gone, even though they indicated they were heel lovers/wearers.  There is nowhere else on the web that I have found that deals specifically with this subject, so if one is a male heel wearer, I can't believe you wouldn't remain active here once you found the site.  With whom do these others share their passion and receive the feedback like we all get from this site.  Yes, there are many here that enjoy a segment of heel wearing that I personally do not gravitate toward, such as those that like extreme heel heights and thigh high boots, but we all are heel lovers and as such have something in common with experiences and information to share, which is what keeps me here!

I think there are a number of factors affecting why people have come and gone. Part of it has to do with the fact that we are pretty much strictly a shoe fashion site, and anything that goes too much beyond that is discouraged or flat-out not allowed. I think a lot of male heel enthusiasts have further interests as well, and we don't allow much of that here. Another part of the turnover has to do with what I will call "Big" personalities. I can remember some characters from the past who were extremely opinionated, not necessarily friendly or polite, and they were either banned or got upset and left the site for good. We still occasionally get guys who want to do nothing but show off pictures of their wives or girlfriends, they never last long. And then there are the small group of guys who have gained enough confidence to go out and wear heels as they wish, and perhaps find the site boring and repetitive.

I find enough interest here between talking about shoes, gender-bending fashion, the occasional off-topic conversation, and the opportunity to show other men that yes, you too can wear heels if you really want to that I keep coming back regularly.

• Like 1

I joined in 2006. No idea how I found it. Probably while googling for HH footwear.

I've been to 1, maybe 2, HH meets in London and met a few of the "names", past and present. Including Tech himself.

I would think a meet would be fun.  I recall a number of years ago there was a meet in Chicago, relatively close to where I live.  Unfortunately, I was heading out on vacation early the next morning and could not attend.  Maybe it will happen again some day.

• Like 1

My daughter was teaching me how to use the internet because she was about to go to university and I was about to be left alone.  I found it by accident.  My username is my father's pet name for me as a child, because I thought a username had to be like a nickname.  I was totally cheesed off when someone else joined as 'Megan'.

I stayed here because I found gentlemen here, by which I mean, the correspondence is polite.  There's a moment in Sharpe where Sean Bean stands up and says, 'Sir, there are ladies present, so one would expect that there are also gentlemen present.'   Thus have I found hhp.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 9:21 PM, Bubba136 said:

I naturally migrated to this site from Jenny’s high heels web site way back in the day

Same, almost 20 years ago...time flew.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

There was another High Heel website before this one, can't remember what it was called. High Heel place came from that one I believe (Tech knows) and I discovered that one from using Patent Letter a few People will remember that website back in the late nineties, back in the good old dial up days one penny a minute. Joined HHplace June 2002 after my first heelmeet in Cambridge.

life is not a rehearsal

Warning:  Long story, which is why I am only getting around to responding to it now, but I feel like this is the only way to fully describe the emotions.  

For most of my life I had no interest in footwear, and pretty much just picked a color and something comfortable and went on with my life.  After we moved to Texas, we wandered into a cowboy boot store, and my wife convinced me that it was worth the investment to get a nice pair of cowboy boots, now that we lived in Texas.  I started wearing them in place of dress shoes, into the office and what not, and grew quite fond of the look and feel.  One winter, I took a few weeks of vacation, and after spending several days at home (similar to the current shelter-in-place situation) I realized that the thing I missed most was that I didn't get to wear my boots every day.  So I went out and bought a couple pairs that were more suitable for casual wear that I liked, and though I didn't pursue it, one of them happened to have 2 3/8" heels.  I didn't think much of the heel height until my wife complimented how they made my feet look smaller and more elegant.  That night, I "woke up" and starting really looking at footwear, and how details like sole design and heel height can really change the presentation of the entire person.  Contrary to popular belief, heels do not just help short people be taller.  I am 6 feet and don't have any particular need to be taller.  Heels change your overall proportions and posture, adding elegance.  As with any new found interest, I hopped on the internet to find a forum in hopes of learn more about high heels, as I knew nothing - none of the women in my life (mother, former girlfriends, wife) have worn heels of any significant height.  But I knew there are a lot of women out there who love shoes, have huge collections, and would be a wealth of knowledge.  

HHPlace came up first, and it seemed to be what I was looking for - clean and fun discussion about high heels.  I wasn't surprised to find a very active "For the guys" section, as I imagined there are probably many guys who admired girls wearing heels.  Imagine my slow and steady awe as I browsed deeper and discovered that "For the guys" didn't just have mostly guys that admired girls in heels... they were mostly guys WEARING heels.  Honestly, my first reaction was, you guys are weird!  I closed my browser, shoved it into the back of my mind, and moved on with life.  I may have come back to lurk occasionally, but I never thought I'd be crazy enough to wear 4" stilettos.  

But my overall interest in footwear continued, and shopping for cowboy boots became my new hobby.  The taller the boots, the higher the heel, the more awesome.  My cowboy boots started getting wilder, and I embraced what they can do to the overall presentation of a person and outfit.  But I was still envious of the many more options women had in their footwear, to really capitalize on the effect shoes can have on how they present themselves.  The pinnacle of this jealousy may have occurred when I was at an event and 4 ladies in an electric string quartet strut up to the stage in 4" stilettos and rocked out with their heels pumping the wah-wah pedal the whole time.  The heels were the linchpin of their style and stage presence.  Shoes matter.  

Fast forward about 20 months, and my latest pair of custom cowboy boots finally arrive in the mail with 18" shafts and 3" heels.  I excitingly posted a picture of the boots on Reddit, and someone responded "I'm confused.  These are men's or women's boots?" despite the fact that this is one the standard heel styles in the catalog worn by men all the time.  Then, I suddenly remembered HHPlace... I have become one of the guys who wear heels.  The rest of the world thinks that I've gone off the cliff, but here I find a community of people who enjoy the liberation of having taken that plunge.  I immediately created an HHP account, and here I am... 

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I never thought I'd be crazy enough to wear 4" stilettos.  

How many 4+" stilettos do you now have?

I have over a half dozen (and counting)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Cali said:

How many 4+" stilettos do you now have?

I have over a half dozen (and counting)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t wear any true stilettos, but I wear a couple pairs over 4” that are thin enough to be blatantly flexing the high heel look:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

The rest of the world thinks that I've gone off the cliff

Being "off the cliff" isn't a bad place to be :happy:. I have more fun here than on FB for instance and FB (and others) can get too political and hostile in relation to everyday issues.

• Like 1