CL - Super-high heels are liberating

p1ng74

Came across this news article today:

https://news.yahoo.com/super-high-heels-free-women-says-shoe-king-145018895.html

CL talks within the context of women, but could the same apply to men too?  

Super high heels allow women to express themselves and break free of crushing norms, he said.  "To be a woman is also about enjoying one's freedom to be feminine if you want. Why renounce (high heels) when you can have them and flats," he said.

• Like 1

I'd agree with your sentiment as far as the comment could apply to men too, except considering the source. 

Loubitine is on record of being anti males in heels.

Still can't figure out why, a guy designing sexy heels only does so because he's attracted to them in a deeper way. Expect he has a fetish for shoes, just saying. Can't see why that should preclude who wears them.

• Like 1

I have certainly read interviews where he said that heels were not for men. As I recall he was asked if he ever wore any of his heels and he said “no” and then went on to elaborate about heels, in his view, not being for men.

• Like 1

The men’s SS20 collection has some block heels which may just be a move to follow the heels from YSL, etc. that are trending.  Even Asos has some lookalikes already.  CL may not personally like them but he will happily sell them I think.  

19 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/super-high-heels-free-women-says-shoe-king-145018895.html

Oh, absolutely I think it applies, and probably moreso than for women. Those few of us men who wear heels do not do so because we feel we are obligated to, but rather quite the opposite. I can't think of a thing about wearing heels that isn't "freeing" in some way. Mentally and spiritually, of course, not physically.

17 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I'd agree with your sentiment as far as the comment could apply to men too, except considering the source. 

Still can't figure out why, a guy designing sexy heels only does so because he's attracted to them in a deeper way. Expect he has a fetish for shoes, just saying. Can't see why that should preclude who wears them.

I can't be bothered to look this up, but wasn't that quote or quotes from quite a number of years ago? I'm not saying that he isn't still to this day against men wearing heels because I don't know, but I know that I have changed my mind about many things as I have aged, maybe he has too.

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

Oh, absolutely I think it applies, and probably moreso than for women. Those few of us men who wear heels do not do so because we feel we are obligated to, but rather quite the opposite. I can't think of a thing about wearing heels that isn't "freeing" in some way. Mentally and spiritually, of course, not physically.

I can't be bothered to look this up, but wasn't that quote or quotes from quite a number of years ago? I'm not saying that he isn't still to this day against men wearing heels because I don't know, but I know that I have changed my mind about many things as I have aged, maybe he has too.

Exactly!  And I feel like there is even an aspect of physical freedom mixed in there.  The mainstream view is that wearing heels is like wearing shackles on your feet that prevent you from walking or moving about.  At extreme heel heights, this is true, but at more moderate heights, I find the feeling of walking and running about in 4” heels to be freeing, both in terms of expression and seeing the world around me from a slightly higher vantage point.  

• Like 2

I will stick with 2 to 2 1/2 inch heights, maybe 3 inches......     Thats works for me just fine....   have fun...    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 2/25/2020 at 3:36 PM, p1ng74 said:

I was somewhat surprised to read the online comments (so far) on the article.   Almost all condemn the concept of  unhealthy/ugly/outmoded high heels and consider CL's promotion of them as merely his blatant attempt to sell expensive shoes.   A common theme was to ask why CL doesn't wear them himself if they are so good.   There were very few in favour of him or heels in general.   But I suppose this is just another example of opponents being more energetic and vociferous than supporters.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Puffer said:

I was somewhat surprised to read the online comments (so far) on the article.   Almost all condemn the concept of  unhealthy/ugly/outmoded high heels and consider CL's promotion of them as merely his blatant attempt to sell expensive shoes.   A common theme was to ask why CL doesn't wear them himself if they are so good.   There were very few in favour of him or heels in general.   But I suppose this is just another example of opponents being more energetic and vociferous than supporters.

Agreed. Many people say heels are uncomfortable, my wife included. But to me, yes, there are uncomfortable heels, but there are so many that look great and are comfortable! Just because they don't like it doesn't mean that noone likes it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2020 at 6:29 PM, Jkrenzer said:

Not every high heel fetishist wants to wear them themselves. I reckon he is one who enjoys them most seeing them on women.

And no, he would most definitely not say the same thing today. That would bring down the wrath of the alphabet Twitter zealots upon him. Those people are utterly mental.